• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Does your note 9 fit in your Gear VR?

Search This thread
So I was setting up my VR stuff this morning and for the life of me I can't get the note 9 to stay put in the Gear VR. It goes in in works but I can't close it into place. And that's before my Dbrand and me Dome screen protector which I have yet to install.

Can anyone with a Gear VR let me know if they're able to use it? I just need to know if I'm a one off before I bring it to Samsung.

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2011
So I was setting up my VR stuff this morning and for the life of me I can't get the note 9 to stay put in the Gear VR. It goes in in works but I can't close it into place. And that's before my Dbrand and me Dome screen protector which I have yet to install.

Can anyone with a Gear VR let me know if they're able to use it? I just need to know if I'm a one off before I bring it to Samsung.

No, it doesn't fit. There is supposed to be an adapter but samsung seem to have no idea when it will be available

Go on the Samsung+ app and use the chat. I was able to get the new adapter sent me me with ease. The website says to contact Samsung and they will mail you the adapter free of charge.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180826-092602_Samsung+.jpg
    Screenshot_20180826-092602_Samsung+.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 2,338
Last edited:
Go on the Samsung+ app and use the chat. I was able to get the new adapter sent me me with ease. The website says to contact Samsung and they will mail you the adapter free of charge.

Called Samsung. The guy told me to walk into a repair center with a proof of purchase and they'll hNd me the adapter.

Oh Samsung. Always so aligned. Smh...

apprentice

Apr 22, 2005
NORWICH, England
I have the Gear VR that came out just after the Note 8 and can confirm it does work with my Note 9. The USB connector on the VR is a little tighter but once you have pushed it in as far as it will go it works fine.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

suzook

Jan 25, 2010
So I called ubreakifix and they had no idea what I was talking about. Called Samsung again. Call got escalated. 3rd John I spoke to gave me an email address and asked me to send my proof of purchase and they'll be in touch in one or 2 days. The joys of dealing with Samsung's customer service... Smh.

The one great thing about apple is their customer service. It's top notch.

The one great thing about apple is their customer service. It's top notch.

See what you did there ???? I have to agree with you there. Samsung reps never know what the hell is going on. If Samsung Canada and Samsung US merged to make a Samsung North America it might actually work in our favor but who am I kidding?????

krzyzag

Dec 8, 2009
Had a same nasty surprise when finally got my phone. Rang Samsung UK and free adapter should be on its way

Top Liked Posts