Question Does your Poco m4 pro 4g have the following problems?

Is your poco m4 pro 4g's display warm/yellow or cool/blue?

• warm/yellow

• cool/blue

• other tints (mention in replies)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Search This thread

ywarvl96

Feb 1, 2019
1)Heating:
  1. My Poco M4 4g heats to 41C while watching instagram reels.
  2. Is this normal?
  3. Does your phone do the same?
  4. what about redmi note 11s 4g? is it any better in this regard?
2)CPU Throttling:
  1. My phone throttles to 53% of max performance and battery drained 4%, does this mean for the most part this phones antutu score is reduced by half when CPU is throttling?
  2. how much does your phone throttle?
3)DISPLAY:
  1. My m4 pro's display is slightly yellowish/warm. Reading mode is off
  2. Is your poco m4 pro 4g display yellowish/warm or blueish/cool?
  3. My previous phone Vivo Y91i has a bluish/cool display the whites look way more bright and white even with low brightness. On Poco the greys like comment area on instagram reels etc... look yellowish, which looks horrible. naturally all the pictures I take look yellowish/warm
  4. I tried setting the color temperature to cool but its still yellowish. I tried color color schemes Vivid, Saturated and Standard. Standard was the worst.
  5. Can I fix it with the right settings? or an app (I hear those drain battery) or is there a blue tinted screen protector? (just throwing it out there)
4)Camera:
  1. Selfie camera oversharpens, makes my skin look bad.
  2. Does your camera oversharpen too? or is it just mine?
    I tried Gcam 8.4.600 skin looks smoother but Gcam is only capable of making 4MP images.
  3. Do you know of an alternative camera app? Or atleast tricks to edit the photos?
5)Screen on time:
  1. I get 7 hours of SOT on wifi with 75% brightness level(I don't have a SIM card in it at the moment)
  2. How much SOT do you get and what is your brightness level
6)Speaker loudness:
  1. Before buying this device I checked GSMArena's loudness rating and on comparing with poco x4 pro M4 pro 4g was rated better. Recently I watched a video comparison where reviewer says its not quite as loud as x4 pro.
  2. are GSMArena's rating wrong? or is TechTablets wrong?
  3. Are Dolby certified phones like moto g52 or g71 louder?

Attachments

• Poco m4 pro 4g cputhrottlingtest.jpg
    Poco m4 pro 4g cputhrottlingtest.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 137
The only issue that I recognise from that list is oversharpening, which the stock camera app is guilty of. You can fiddle with it a bit in the settings to improve it, but I've not found any other apps much better. I'm perfectly happy with my screen-on time, loudspeaker, display tint etc.

I would note that the display seems to boost brightess in bright sunlight which you can't adjust using the brightness slider in the settings drawer which is a bit irritating.

ywarvl96

Feb 1, 2019
The only issue that I recognise from that list is oversharpening, which the stock camera app is guilty of. You can fiddle with it a bit in the settings to improve it, but I've not found any other apps much better. I'm perfectly happy with my screen-on time, loudspeaker, display tint etc.

I would note that the display seems to boost brightess in bright sunlight which you can't adjust using the brightness slider in the settings drawer which is a bit irritating.
Heating up to 41C while watching instagram reels is normal on most phones?
Youtube reviewers said the phone heats up while gaming, which I understand and didn't care for as I don't game usually but no one oncesaid using insta heats up so badly, which would have made me reconsider my buying decision.

Sabbat91

May 22, 2018
El Cerrito
Mine is showing rectangle lightnings on the left half, like lines. It happens all day, I have disabled everything, back to cnfigure, activated/isactivated always on, etc. None has any result. At night, it resists to unlock so I have to push repeatedly the unlock button, the torch answers but the screen remains black.

Fenil22

Sep 28, 2022
1)Heating:
  1. My Poco M4 4g heats to 41C while watching instagram reels.
  2. Is this normal?
  3. Does your phone do the same?
  4. what about redmi note 11s 4g? is it any better in this regard?
2)CPU Throttling:
  1. My phone throttles to 53% of max performance and battery drained 4%, does this mean for the most part this phones antutu score is reduced by half when CPU is throttling?
  2. how much does your phone throttle?
3)DISPLAY:
  1. My m4 pro's display is slightly yellowish/warm. Reading mode is off
  2. Is your poco m4 pro 4g display yellowish/warm or blueish/cool?
  3. My previous phone Vivo Y91i has a bluish/cool display the whites look way more bright and white even with low brightness. On Poco the greys like comment area on instagram reels etc... look yellowish, which looks horrible. naturally all the pictures I take look yellowish/warm
  4. I tried setting the color temperature to cool but its still yellowish. I tried color color schemes Vivid, Saturated and Standard. Standard was the worst.
  5. Can I fix it with the right settings? or an app (I hear those drain battery) or is there a blue tinted screen protector? (just throwing it out there)
4)Camera:
  1. Selfie camera oversharpens, makes my skin look bad.
  2. Does your camera oversharpen too? or is it just mine?
    I tried Gcam 8.4.600 skin looks smoother but Gcam is only capable of making 4MP images.
  3. Do you know of an alternative camera app? Or atleast tricks to edit the photos?
5)Screen on time:
  1. I get 7 hours of SOT on wifi with 75% brightness level(I don't have a SIM card in it at the moment)
  2. How much SOT do you get and what is your brightness level
6)Speaker loudness:
  1. Before buying this device I checked GSMArena's loudness rating and on comparing with poco x4 pro M4 pro 4g was rated better. Recently I watched a video comparison where reviewer says its not quite as loud as x4 pro.
  2. are GSMArena's rating wrong? or is TechTablets wrong?
  3. Are Dolby certified phones like moto g52 or g71 louder?
Same problem happened with me brother
Please return this phone for replacement i am also doing to return this phone

SylVestrini

Jan 11, 2023
Has anyone experienced poor light sensor sensitivity in low ambient light? My issue is exactly the same as the one described here:

Top Liked Posts