[DOG1-N910T/T3] TEKXvirgin N4 URv0 > 8/11 STOCK ODEX ROM/ LOLLIPOP 5.1.1 > TEKHDway!

Search This thread

Misterjunky

Jan 18, 2011
Bakersfield, California
Phone is SM-N910T Baseband N910TUVU1COG2. I just downloaded the file you linked, went to download mode confirmed Odin sees the phone. Selected the file and clicked start. Phone looks like it is loading something and reboots. I try to power off and get into TWRP but I still only get the original recovery mode.

Make sure that under settings>security the reactivation lock is not check marked (if you have such a setting).
Make sure that you have usb debugging enabled under the developer's options in settings.

Not sure the above will help, but it cannot hurt to try.

DooLocsta

Feb 2, 2009
Make sure that under settings>security the reactivation lock is not check marked (if you have such a setting).
Make sure that you have usb debugging enabled under the developer's options in settings.

Not sure the above will help, but it cannot hurt to try.

Arg! Made sure all those settings were set and rebooted into download mode. Once the download mode screen is up this is what is in the top corner:

Odin Mode: High Speed
Product Name: SM-N910T
Current Binary: Custom
System Status: Custom
Reactivation Lock: Off
Knox Warranty 0x0
Qualcomm Secureboot: Enable (CSB)
Secure Download: Enable
UDC Start

I have to be missing something, I still only get the original Note4 recovery screen. I am pulling my hair out here.

Misterjunky

Jan 18, 2011
Bakersfield, California
Arg! Made sure all those settings were set and rebooted into download mode. Once the download mode screen is up this is what is in the top corner:

Odin Mode: High Speed
Product Name: SM-N910T
Current Binary: Custom
System Status: Custom
Reactivation Lock: Off
Knox Warranty 0x0
Qualcomm Secureboot: Enable (CSB)
Secure Download: Enable
UDC Start

I have to be missing something, I still only get the original Note4 recovery screen. I am pulling my hair out here.

Your KNOX status is 0x0 which is really strange, it looks like you never rooted
your phone before.

When you first purchase the phone the knox status is 0x0 and after you root it's 0x1

Try this, odin flash twrp one more time, but before you start the flash remove the
"reboot" check mark in odin and when odin is done flashing twrp see what it says
on the screen, look for any errors.

Most likely you will see no errors, then remove the battery wait 10 seconds then
replace the battery and power up the phone, there's a good chance it will work.

If worst comes to worst, you know that you can always odin flash the COG2 firmware successfully.

Reactions: DooLocsta

DooLocsta

Feb 2, 2009
Your KNOX status is 0x0 which is really strange, it looks like you never rooted
your phone before.

When you first purchase the phone the knox status is 0x0 and after you root it's 0x1

Try this, odin flash twrp one more time, but before you start the flash remove the
"reboot" check mark in odin and when odin is done flashing twrp see what it says
on the screen, look for any errors.

Most likely you will see no errors, then remove the battery wait 10 seconds then
replace the battery and power up the phone, there's a good chance it will work.

If worst comes to worst, you know that you can always odin flash the COG2 firmware successfully.

I have never rooted the phone. I had asked earlier if I had to in order to Odin flash TWRP and was told that I didn't. I am misunderstanding something here? I need to make sure that my WiFi calling will still work after restoring the update. Thanks for all the help.

DooLocsta

Feb 2, 2009
If you never rooted your phone follow the instructions in my last post.

Next step if you still can't odin flash twrp successfully is to see if you can root the phone.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Done, I am still stuck at the same point. I really want to do this without rooting the phone since I technically don't need root for anything at this point. I never had issues with the S3 or the G2 like this.

This was what was in the Odin window and no error on the phone:

<ID:0/005> Added!!
<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> recovery.img
<ID:0/005> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/005> RQT_CLOSE !!

Last edited:
K

kbythwood

Has anyone been able to make a script that will flash on SM910T3 MODELS ?

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using XDA mobile app

Misterjunky

Jan 18, 2011
Bakersfield, California
re: ???

Done, I am still stuck at the same point. I really want to do this without rooting the phone since I technically don't need root for anything at this point. I never had issues with the S3 or the G2 like this.

This was what was in the Odin window and no error on the phone:

<ID:0/005> Added!!
<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> recovery.img
<ID:0/005> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/005> RQT_CLOSE !!

I don't want to hurt your feelings, but it looks like I am wasting my
time here with you, if you don't want root and or don't want to flash
custom roms then this entire thing which you are doing is not only
wasting my time but it's wasting your time too.

I'm done!!!

Good luck!
Have a great day,

DooLocsta

Feb 2, 2009
You don't need to be rooted to odin flashing twrp recovery.
But you do need to use proper twrp version for your phone.

After you have odin flashed twrp you can restore the first file.

Be sure to do a full wipe including factory reset before you
restore the nandroid backup.

Good luck,
Have a great day!

Why this reply to my FIRST question then. You said I did not have to root to install TWRP and install the first file that still allows wifi calling. Were you mistaken?

DooLocsta

Feb 2, 2009
After continually digging into this issue I think I found out what my issue is but still don't know how to get around it.

I am able to successfully flash TWRP through ODIN but when I initially boot into recovery my phone pops up with the Android guy showing it is installing an update which I believe means it is overwriting TWRP with the stock recovery. There is a note on the TWRP page that his can happen but I don't know of a way to prevent it.

Mangani001

Jul 13, 2010
After continually digging into this issue I think I found out what my issue is but still don't know how to get around it.

I am able to successfully flash TWRP through ODIN but when I initially boot into recovery my phone pops up with the Android guy showing it is installing an update which I believe means it is overwriting TWRP with the stock recovery. There is a note on the TWRP page that his can happen but I don't know of a way to prevent it.

The easiest way to prevent this is to "root" your phone...LOL

DooLocsta

Feb 2, 2009
The easiest way to prevent this is to "root" your phone...LOL

I get that but the OP specifically states with the first file (That includes WiFi calling) you do not root which is what I am trying to achieve. I know it is possible but my phone just overwrites TWRP each time I load the recovery.

gthing

Feb 13, 2007
SL,UT
Like others I'm trying to get from COD6 to COG2 - there is conflicting information posted in this thread and people keep posting unclear bits and pieces.

So to be clear - the get from COD6 to COG2 I need to flash this file from this thread, right? This is the ROM file N910TUVU1COG2_N910TTMB1COG2_TMB.zip

This file is 1.8GB. That seems way bigger than a baseband should be, right? To me that seems like an entire rom (which is what it is listed as). Is there a way to flash just the COG2 baseband or am I not understanding something?

Misterjunky

Jan 18, 2011
Bakersfield, California
re: COG2

Like others I'm trying to get from COD6 to COG2 - there is conflicting information posted in this thread and people keep posting unclear bits and pieces.

So to be clear - the get from COD6 to COG2 I need to flash this file from this thread, right? This is the ROM file N910TUVU1COG2_N910TTMB1COG2_TMB.zip

This file is 1.8GB. That seems way bigger than a baseband should be, right? To me that seems like an entire rom (which is what it is listed as). Is there a way to flash just the COG2 baseband or am I not understanding something?

You are correct, that is the right file to ODIN flash, you need to UNZIP the file so you can ODIN flash it.

You CANNOT flash it using TWRP.

Yes it is the full COG2 firmware, and it's always best to odin flash the full firmware.
(at least it's always been best for me)

Be sure to make a nandroid backup before flashing anything and
make sure to do a full wipe before you odin flash the COG2 firmware.

Good luck,
Have a great day!

Last edited:
Reactions: ALLDAT and gthing

fafaffy

Jun 15, 2011
Forgive me if this was already answered, but with file #2, is it possible to get fingerprint, secure storage, and Wi-Fi calling to work? If not, do I have to wait for a De-odex'ed version or simply until somebody creates a patch?

Thanks

murayoshi

Dec 24, 2012
From the land beyond beyond
I get that but the OP specifically states with the first file (That includes WiFi calling) you do not root which is what I am trying to achieve. I know it is possible but my phone just overwrites TWRP each time I load the recovery.
I remember it happens 2me b4. what I did I ODIN TWRP and I didn't reboot, took out the battery insted put it back hold volume up power button and home to boot to TWRP then flash Chainfire's CF-AutoRoot

iDreamless531

Oct 30, 2011
Cleveland
OK so I tried rooting stock DOG1 via CF autoroot with no luck, as expected tho but my phone came like this as a factory replacement.... but my problem lies with Odin v3.09 it fails every time I can't even downgrade back to COG2 or any firmware, everything just keeps failing (SM-N910T3)

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Misterjunky

Jan 18, 2011
Bakersfield, California
re: downgrade

OK so I tried rooting stock DOG1 via CF autoroot with no luck, as expected tho but my phone came like this as a factory replacement.... but my problem lies with Odin v3.09 it fails every time I can't even downgrade back to COG2 or any firmware, everything just keeps failing (SM-N910T3)

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

The odin version has nothing to do with your issue.

If you have a N910T3 phone then that's the issue.
You cannot downgrade DOG2 or DOFC firmware to COG2, COD6 or ANK4.
Also there is no cf-autoroot which is compatible with DOG2 or DOFC yet.

Good luck,
Have a great day!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [DOG1-N910T/T3] TEKXvirgin N4 URv0 > 8/11 STOCK ODEX ROM/ LOLLIPOP 5.1.1 > TEKHDway!

> > > TEKXvirgin N4 URv0 (USA-N910T/N910T3) THIS ROM IS BASED ON LATEST NOTE 4 OFFICIAL DOG1 T-MOBILE FROM N910T3 (ODEXED) < < <

THIS WILL TRANSFORM YOUR N910T INTO A 100% N910T3 (*SOFTWARE* NOT HARDWARE... Duuuhh)

IF YOU HAVE THE N910T3 THIS WILL ALSO ROOT YOUR DEVICE!!! (JUST ODIN TWRP BEFORE AND USE FILE#2)

SPECIAL THANKS TO @matteosaeed -> He gave me the orginal Nandroid that made this whole thread possible.

-> TEKXvirgin N4 is based on T-Mobile NOTE 4 DOG1 (Yes, WiFi Calling! if using STOCK T3 UNROOTED VERSION)

ATTENTION!!! - *****READ***** ***YOU MUST BE ON COG2 BASEBAND FOR A FLAWLESS EXPERIENCE***

***I WILL NOT REPEAT THE SAME THING AGAIN REGARDING COG2 BASEBAND AND BLA BLA BLA . . . YOU SHOULD KNOW BY NOW.***

Okay, I was originally going to post a very complex set of instructions involving TWRP Nandroid Recovery, Flashable Zips, HOW TO ROOT, Scripts and bla bla bla... I honestly don't have time for the whole story and all the bla bla bla... So... I am going to simply post 2 TWRP NANDROIDS FOR NOW... VERY VERY EASY.

FILE #1 -> N910T3UVU1DOG1-TEKHD.rar -> This file is a TWRP nandroid from LATEST ORIGINAL & UNTOUCHED ODEX N910T3UVU1DOG1 (N910T3) that you simply unrar and copy inside your INTERNAL SD - TWRP/BACKUPS/########/ (########=YOUR TWRP ID #)

Example: TWRP/BACKUPS/701bda88/N910T3UVU1DOG1-TEKHD

TEKXDOG1.png

HOW TO INSTALL? -> Wipe System/Data/Cache/Dalvik x3 -> Restore Nandroid (Both Boot & System Partitions)

Then reboot and make sure you hit "DO NOT INSTALL"

DO_NOT.png

FILE #2 -> TEKXvirgin_N4_URv0_Gift_Edition.rar -> This file is a TWRP nandroid from LATEST ODEX N910T3UVU1DOG1 (N910T3)
    *ROOTED/*KNOX FREE/*SD CARD WRITE FIX that you simply unrar and copy inside your INTERNAL SD - TWRP/BACKUPS/########/ (########=YOUR TWRP ID #)

Example: TWRP/BACKUPS/701bda88/TEKXvirgin_N4_URv0_Gift_Edition

TEKXvirgin.png

HOW TO INSTALL? -> Wipe System/Data/Cache/Dalvik x3 -> Restore Nandroid (Both Boot & System Partitions)

Then reboot... Done.

divider-line1.png

CHANGELOG:

CREDITS:

@Chainfire -> Root
    @freeza -> Amazing Kernel that even works here on T-Mobile! -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4-sprint/development/romstockishno-knox-8-7-15-sprint-t3174350 - Visit the forum and click THANKS!!!
    @matteosaeed -> Original T3 Nandroids
    @sawdoctor -> Got me involved in this thing (Got your PM, no worries)
    @OvrDriVE -> Trial and Error, support, Deodexed Base, Hints, Ideas... Thank you!
    @allenjthomsen -> For all his tireless efforts and trial and error... Hints and Info! Thank you!

SPECIAL THANKS:
    @airwa1kin7 -> For troubleshooting / trial & error since the beginning -> trying to make this work for ALL CANADIANS...

> > > I just ask for a simple . . .
    thanks.png
    Development - 2
    Development - 3
    Development - 5
    Development - 4
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode