[DOG1-N910T/T3] TEKXvirgin N4 URv0 > 8/11 STOCK ODEX ROM/ LOLLIPOP 5.1.1 > TEKHDway!

Search This thread

MattC867

Feb 14, 2015
This is great, thanks OP!

I know this is frowned upon as bad practice, but coming from stock unrooted OG2 I was able to get this working just fine without wiping /data. Everything seems fine and stable -- almost as easy as an OTA!

Planning to apply the gift edition later tonight then deodex and install xposed.

Last edited:
Reactions: TEKHD

zackadavis

May 16, 2010
> > > I just ask for a simple . . .
thanks.png

I've used your stuff for a while, and I'm really excited to get a 5.1.1 ROM for my Note 4. I just had to log in to give you a thanks! You rock.

Reactions: TEKHD

HoosierFDaddy

Aug 3, 2010
No, just the firmware per TEKs instructions. FYI if file#1 has stock kernel then I don't know it kernel is the issue. I was running file #1 stock when I first had the issue. Flashed file #2 rooted to see if that fixed the issue, and it didnt.. but I'm willing to Odin bootloader for sure! Where do I find the bootloader fike? And I assume nobody else has an issue playing Google Play Movies?

I also am having the Play Movies issue. Has anyone found a solution? I've searched and not seen it. I'm on the rooted, custom kernel ROM, COG2 baseband and bootloader, DOG1 PDA (obviously).

Reactions: Dwnhiller

HoosierFDaddy

Aug 3, 2010
No, just the firmware per TEKs instructions. FYI if file#1 has stock kernel then I don't know it kernel is the issue. I was running file #1 stock when I first had the issue. Flashed file #2 rooted to see if that fixed the issue, and it didnt.. but I'm willing to Odin bootloader for sure! Where do I find the bootloader fike? And I assume nobody else has an issue playing Google Play Movies?

I solved my problem, bought a note 5. Lol but seriously never did find a solution, sorry. Good luck!

I actually noticed I'm having the exact same problem on my SGS3. I even tried downloading the files and it does the same thing whether playing in the Play Movies app or MX player. Maybe supposing it's a DRM thing. Frustrating because I wanted to buy Rick and Morty seasons 1 & 2 and don't want to have to go DVD or have movies scattered all across the sky in different clouds. Even though I stripped the S3 back to basics, I believe it is on a custom ROM with a custom kernel. Maybe I'll go back to pure stock on it and see it that works. I'll let you know if I ever get around to it.

Reactions: Dwnhiller

superdale

Jul 15, 2008
Tether keeps turning off

I've got the ROM to install...GREAT JOB TEKHD! I'm noticing that when I enable my tether it hooks in...my laptop hits my phone....then i watch as the switch for tether slides back to off by itself. Ideas?:confused: CRAP! I meant to say Hotspot...stupid brain!

Last edited:

weakenfalls

Aug 9, 2010
New York
Nandroid

That's what it's supposed to show,

It's due to the Tmobile N910T3 DOG1 modem would only work on an actual T3 device.
@TEKHD said that except for that, it's 100% T3 DOG1.

People who actually have a Note 4 N910T3 device don't have the display issue at all.

...On a lighter note, so far I have not seen anyone posting anything having to do with new
features and user options in the T3 DOG1 firmware, if it had any I am almost certain that
someone would have already mentioned it here. (not counting removing stagefright :p)

Good luck and have a great day!

Sorry if I'm in the wrong tread, but my question is that I'm currently on COD6 baseband, I'm planning on Odin the COG2 to run the latest TekHD ROM for the note 4 910TT, long story short if after I updated my baseband and decided to go back to my original backup do I have to Odin back the COD6 again?

tony6083

Mar 7, 2008
Sorry if I'm in the wrong tread, but my question is that I'm currently on COD6 baseband, I'm planning on Odin the COG2 to run the latest TekHD ROM for the note 4 910TT, long story short if after I updated my baseband and decided to go back to my original backup do I have to Odin back the COD6 again?
Yes. I would say you would.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Reactions: Linkmeup82

baldusiek

Nov 1, 2012
Hello, Is there anyway to put the COG2 baseband on the N910T3 through odin?
I have both the N910T & N910T3 and have the TEKXD TEKXodus_N4_5.1.1_URv3.2_N5R2_T_TEKHD+ on the N910T
& TEKXodus_N4_5.1.1_URv3.2_N5R2_T3_TEKHD+ on the N910T3 but the N910T has the COG2 baseband and it had the ANK4 before I flashed the ROM.
The N910T3 has the DOG1 and didn't go to COG2.

I'm asking this because there is a significant 10-15 second boot/restart/shutdown delay on the N910T3 vs the N910T..

Is the baseband what is causing this? I have TWRP 2.8.7.0 on both and it's basically the same ROM for both.

I also noticed slight color changes (more bright or more dark) on any type of screen whether it's TWRP or android menu or settings etc. Is this revision worse than it's predecessor or what is causing this slowness?

Thank you

baldusiek

Nov 1, 2012
Hello, Is there anyway to put the COG2 baseband on the N910T3 through odin?
I have both the N910T & N910T3 and have the TEKXD TEKXodus_N4_5.1.1_URv3.2_N5R2_T_TEKHD+ on the N910T
& TEKXodus_N4_5.1.1_URv3.2_N5R2_T3_TEKHD+ on the N910T3 but the N910T has the COG2 baseband and it had the ANK4 before I flashed the ROM.
The N910T3 has the DOG1 and didn't go to COG2.

I'm asking this because there is a significant 10-15 second boot/restart/shutdown delay on the N910T3 vs the N910T..

Is the baseband what is causing this? I have TWRP 2.8.7.0 on both and it's basically the same ROM for both.

I also noticed slight color changes (more bright or more dark) on any type of screen whether it's TWRP or android menu or settings etc. Is this revision worse than it's predecessor or what is causing this slowness?

Thank you

Never mind anymore thank you

loveubuntu

Nov 25, 2010
I'm confused with this new 910T/910T3 nandroid backups. So we run these and it turns the software of our 910T into 910T3? And the DOG1 firmware? What's the advantage of this over running the tekxodus v3.3 with 5.1.1 and COG2? This new 3.3 is just so awesome.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [DOG1-N910T/T3] TEKXvirgin N4 URv0 > 8/11 STOCK ODEX ROM/ LOLLIPOP 5.1.1 > TEKHDway!

> > > TEKXvirgin N4 URv0 (USA-N910T/N910T3) THIS ROM IS BASED ON LATEST NOTE 4 OFFICIAL DOG1 T-MOBILE FROM N910T3 (ODEXED) < < <

THIS WILL TRANSFORM YOUR N910T INTO A 100% N910T3 (*SOFTWARE* NOT HARDWARE... Duuuhh)

IF YOU HAVE THE N910T3 THIS WILL ALSO ROOT YOUR DEVICE!!! (JUST ODIN TWRP BEFORE AND USE FILE#2)

SPECIAL THANKS TO @matteosaeed -> He gave me the orginal Nandroid that made this whole thread possible.

-> TEKXvirgin N4 is based on T-Mobile NOTE 4 DOG1 (Yes, WiFi Calling! if using STOCK T3 UNROOTED VERSION)

ATTENTION!!! - *****READ***** ***YOU MUST BE ON COG2 BASEBAND FOR A FLAWLESS EXPERIENCE***

***I WILL NOT REPEAT THE SAME THING AGAIN REGARDING COG2 BASEBAND AND BLA BLA BLA . . . YOU SHOULD KNOW BY NOW.***

Okay, I was originally going to post a very complex set of instructions involving TWRP Nandroid Recovery, Flashable Zips, HOW TO ROOT, Scripts and bla bla bla... I honestly don't have time for the whole story and all the bla bla bla... So... I am going to simply post 2 TWRP NANDROIDS FOR NOW... VERY VERY EASY.

FILE #1 -> N910T3UVU1DOG1-TEKHD.rar -> This file is a TWRP nandroid from LATEST ORIGINAL & UNTOUCHED ODEX N910T3UVU1DOG1 (N910T3) that you simply unrar and copy inside your INTERNAL SD - TWRP/BACKUPS/########/ (########=YOUR TWRP ID #)

Example: TWRP/BACKUPS/701bda88/N910T3UVU1DOG1-TEKHD

TEKXDOG1.png

HOW TO INSTALL? -> Wipe System/Data/Cache/Dalvik x3 -> Restore Nandroid (Both Boot & System Partitions)

Then reboot and make sure you hit "DO NOT INSTALL"

DO_NOT.png

FILE #2 -> TEKXvirgin_N4_URv0_Gift_Edition.rar -> This file is a TWRP nandroid from LATEST ODEX N910T3UVU1DOG1 (N910T3)
    *ROOTED/*KNOX FREE/*SD CARD WRITE FIX that you simply unrar and copy inside your INTERNAL SD - TWRP/BACKUPS/########/ (########=YOUR TWRP ID #)

Example: TWRP/BACKUPS/701bda88/TEKXvirgin_N4_URv0_Gift_Edition

TEKXvirgin.png

HOW TO INSTALL? -> Wipe System/Data/Cache/Dalvik x3 -> Restore Nandroid (Both Boot & System Partitions)

Then reboot... Done.

divider-line1.png

CHANGELOG:

CREDITS:

@Chainfire -> Root
    @freeza -> Amazing Kernel that even works here on T-Mobile! -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4-sprint/development/romstockishno-knox-8-7-15-sprint-t3174350 - Visit the forum and click THANKS!!!
    @matteosaeed -> Original T3 Nandroids
    @sawdoctor -> Got me involved in this thing (Got your PM, no worries)
    @OvrDriVE -> Trial and Error, support, Deodexed Base, Hints, Ideas... Thank you!
    @allenjthomsen -> For all his tireless efforts and trial and error... Hints and Info! Thank you!

SPECIAL THANKS:
    @airwa1kin7 -> For troubleshooting / trial & error since the beginning -> trying to make this work for ALL CANADIANS...

> > > I just ask for a simple . . .
    thanks.png
    Development - 2
    Development - 3
    Development - 5
    Development - 4
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode