[DOGO][Development] CM13 / CyanogenMod 13

Search This thread

LaudaDev

Feb 8, 2014
Novi Sad
Well we have to face it that ZR is an outdated phone, hence why there is no big interest in developing custom ROMs. I guess we have to wait a bit longer for new releases.
And there will always be bugs...

please stop complaining. you do realize we all do this in our spare time, right? and it's not a trivial thing to do as well.

i am still working on it, and there is a reason why there is no release for dogo - mainly that i dont have one! so be patient, i can not take responsibility for an official release without being sure it sort of works ;)

Røbin

Jun 2, 2015
Dhaka
Nokia 8
please stop complaining. you do realize we all do this in our spare time, right? and it's not a trivial thing to do as well.

i am still working on it, and there is a reason why there is no release for dogo - mainly that i dont have one! so be patient, i can not take responsibility for an official release without being sure it sort of works ;)

I thought this thread was dead.Sorry for that.We are still waiting for the nightly to release.Thank you for supporting our dogo.:)

new build is up. yes, it took a while, that was mostly due to someone deciding to update cm's audio hal, breaking voice calls for everyone else... fixing that took a while, since i don't have one available and a volunteer was only found recently ;)
anyways, for the same reason, tread with caution, as i don't have one of these devices, and there have been hundreds of updates since the last release
@sigprof: if you could gather debug information in case anything goes wrong?
(link removed)

Last edited:

sigprof

Jan 5, 2012
cm-13.0-20160706-UNOFFICIAL-dogo.zip
This build does not boot (hangs at the "Starting apps" step). I collected some logs after enabling early adb access:
View attachment 20160707-01-boot-fail.7z
(the first logcat is the initial boot after data wipe, the second is another failed attempt after rebooting).

Looking at your changes, I found that you removed the proprietary kickstart binaries (/system/bin/ks, /system/bin/efsks, /system/bin/qcks) for some reason; however, /init.qcom.rc still tries to run those binaries. I tried to take the binaries you removed in commits 58650ca and 24bb04c and put them back to /system/bin, and the system was able to boot:
View attachment 20160707-02-boot-ok-with-kickstart.7z
(these logs were taken with unmodified boot.img, therefore some early output may be missing).

Apparently without those kickstart binaries the modem firmware is never loaded; what was intended to replace them?

Also double tap to wake is still enabled by default, even though it is known to be broken on this hardware (after the screen is turned off, touchscreen stops working until the device is rebooted).

Last edited:
Reactions: nostupidthing
This build does not boot (hangs at the "Starting apps" step). I collected some logs after enabling early adb access:
View attachment 3805610
(the first logcat is the initial boot after data wipe, the second is another failed attempt after rebooting).

Looking at your changes, I found that you removed the proprietary kickstart binaries (/system/bin/ks, /system/bin/efsks, /system/bin/qcks) for some reason; however, /init.qcom.rc still tries to run those binaries. I tried to take the binaries you removed in commits 58650ca and 24bb04c and put them back to /system/bin, and the system was able to boot:
View attachment 3805611
(these logs were taken with unmodified boot.img, therefore some early output may be missing).

Apparently without those kickstart binaries the modem firmware is never loaded; what was intended to replace them?

Also double tap to wake is still enabled by default, even though it is known to be broken on this hardware (after the screen is turned off, touchscreen stops working until the device is rebooted).

these commits were accidentally included in the test build... they're experiments that shouldnt have landed here ;) which is the reason for a new build. ill pm you until we work out why it wont boot.

update: new build is now up for public consumption

Last edited:
Reactions: nostupidthing

flynk

Jun 9, 2016
Hello,
When the phone is completely turned off, charging goes,but without the animation enabled black screen

LaudaDev

Feb 8, 2014
Novi Sad
Hello,
When the phone is completely turned off, charging goes,but without the animation enabled black screen
I've noticed the same thing.
When the phone is off and charging there is no charging animation, but only black screen with backlight.

I'm using previous version of cm build.

Sent from my Xperia ZR using Tapatalk

Røbin

Jun 2, 2015
Dhaka
Nokia 8
There's a bug in the cm nightly.Yesterday I boot into cm recovery and then rebooted to system,after then when lock screen showed up the touch screen sensitivity not working anymore.So I needed to remove the battery to work my phone again but I had to remove the battery 2time to work my phone normally.If this is a bug please fix it.other then this rom is light and fast.But I want to use Sony apps also like Music,Album.Is there any way to support sony apps in cm?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

NOTE:
    THIS IS A DEVELOPMENT THREAD.
    BUILDS ARE INTENDED FOR ADVANCED USERS, SO THEY CAN TEST AND GIVE FEEDBACK.
    FEATURE REQUESTS WILL BE IGNORED, THIS IS PLAIN CYANOGENMOD.

Also, there are sister threads for working on pollux, yuga and odin.

Changes:

- Jan 30: Initial release
    - Feb 5: kernel updates, audio HAL modernization
    - Feb 9: WiFi updates
    - Feb 13: volume rocker wakeup, sdcard hotplug, camera focus changes, cleanups
    - Feb 16: new call fix
    - Feb 27: F2FS support
    - Mar 1: audio update
    - Mar 3: smooth boot animation
    - Mar 6: more audio updates
    - Apr 3: first 12.1 build
    - Apr 20: radio fixed
    - Apr 22: Android 5.1.1
    - Apr 27: tons of cpu and gpu governor updates/fixes, wifi updates
    - May 1: gpu gov and wifi updates
    - May 7: app2sd fixes, selinux updates, fixed power hal, OSS THERMAL MGMT, wifi fixes
    - May 10: plethora of core kernel and platform updates, init changes
    - May 22: scheduler and platform updates, reworked kernel configuration
    - July 7: lollipop blobs, init update, new sensor drivers, kernel updates
    - July 8: fixed black screen on boot, fix booting into recovery by toggling volume keys
    - July 9: fixed wlan&bt mac config
    - July 11: fixed off charging mode
    - July 20: fixed gps problems under certain circumstances
    - July 30: lp kernel updates, als adjustments, led color configuration from ui, gps problems fixed, leds in offline charging mode
    - Aug 4: row io scheduler, open source gps hal, sepolicy update
    - Aug 6: fix sd card access, fix thermal throttle clearance, update power profile
    - Aug 20: minor updates to init
    - Sep 18: io schedulers: include fiops, bfq (default), sony 5.1 blobs, init changes

- May 9: initial CM13 release
    - Jul 5: loads of kernel changes, audio hal, and probably plenty of stuff i forgot
    - Jul 7: underp previous build
    - Aug 1: bluetooth and audio updates

All builds are synchronized with the latest CM tree. For the specific updates to fusion3 and yuga, see the source link below!

Download:
    For the brave CM13 DEVELOPMENT BUILD:
    cm-13.0-20160801-UNOFFICIAL-dogo.zip
    Dirty-flashing on existing 12.1 upgrades normally to CM 13. Beware you will need compatible GApps though!

Nightlies are now available:
    Official download site
    This thread will however remain the prime location for testing new stuff and support on yuga.

Installation:
    If you have anything other than CyanogenMod 12.1 on your device, do a full wipe, and get Android 5.1 compatible gapps!
    F2FS support: take a look here

Testing:
    Some very important "rules" for this:
    - Run unmodified versions (no FOTA recovery, no modified kernel, no Xposed framework, etc.)
    - Please dont post "X isnt working" or "random reboots" - provide LOGS for each report you post here. This thread is actually meant for users who are capable of gathering and providing logs, so after a reboot, provide last_kmsg, and for all other problems, dmesg and logcat at the very least.
    - If you can reproduce your problem, you might want to increase the logging level before posting it here, which will increase chances of me finding the problem.

I will have to ignore all other "problem reports" as they are essentially useless.

@sigprof - award for best tester feedback

Source:
    If you are willing (and able) to help, check out the patch sets, test them for the respective projects (fusion3 is also pollux, odin, and so on).
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org
    okay people, as of now, this thread switches to cyanogenmod 13 - coinciding with the first test release for dogo. please try this as-is (meaning just flash it and leave it be, no custom kernel funny business), and report any and all problems you might find.

whats new? well, other than this being cm13 which as been tested for dogo's sibling devices (yuga, pollux -- see respective changelogs in their threads) for some time now, this build already includes gello, the shiny new browser that will be included in cm13 soon.
    new build is up. yes, it took a while, that was mostly due to someone deciding to update cm's audio hal, breaking voice calls for everyone else... fixing that took a while, since i don't have one available and a volunteer was only found recently ;)
    anyways, for the same reason, tread with caution, as i don't have one of these devices, and there have been hundreds of updates since the last release
    @sigprof: if you could gather debug information in case anything goes wrong?
    (link removed)
    Thanks for testing and PM feedback people.

New build is now online, please continue like this!
    first: nightlies are available for download! see first post.

as for the rotation problem: download the latest nightly. get a sensor testing app and see if all sensors are working correctly.... report back if not, with logs :)