Dolby Atmos™ for OOS - Closed

Search This thread

Ramme

Dec 19, 2017
OnePlus 8T
Due to complaints that the addon does not work, I have now removed it from the forum.
Unfortunately, I can not understand that it does not run, because I had no problems on two devices.
If someone still wants to test or has questions he can send me a PN.

The topic may be closed.

With kind regards
Ramme

Use on your own risk.
Hello everyone, I found a post on the OnePlus8Pro forum about Dolby Atmos.
There sirioo posted a Magisk file which adds the full Dolby Atmos to the system. (Made for the OP8Pro!)(Thanks for this!).
I tested this on my OnePlus 8T and found that Dolby Atmos works fine.
For those who would also like to have the full program, I now share my experience.

Instructions: (Root(Magisk) required + Audio Modification Library + USB debugging enabled) !!!

Step 1: Download "SDK Platform Tools", unpack it. Go to the folder and type "CMD" in the top bar. Now your console will open.

Step 2: Make sure that your phone has USB debugging enabled and allowed to the computer (can be enabled in the developer options). Now type the following command: (The Phone must stay ON during the process!)
adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.oneplus.sound.tuner
#This removes the Dolby Atmos tuner present on your device.#

Info: After the command (Step:2) you can check in the Settings>Sound&Vibration>> under "Sound effects and modes", there should be now the Dolby-setting disappeared.

Step 2.1: Restart your Phone.

Step 3: Now Download "DolbyAtmosOOS" and put it on your device. (or download the file from my attachment.) Now open Magisk and load the file from your storage and restart your device. Voilà Dolby Atmos can now be enjoyed to the fullest. :)

How do I get back to the default? > Uninstall the Magisk addon, restart your device.

Tested on OP8T - OOS 11.0.7.10.KB05BA (EU) - 03.20.2021 ✅
Tested on OP8T -
OOS 11.0.8.12.KB05BA (EU) - 04.11.2021 ✅

A little video from me to show that Dolby works under OOS 11.0.8.12.KB05BA !

Pros of DolbyAtmos Full?
More and more detailed setting options than with the system's own.

Screenshot_20210320-224332.jpg
Screenshot_20210320-224340.jpg
Screenshot_20210320-224346.jpg
Screenshot_20210320-224351.jpg
Screenshot_20210320-224356.jpg
Screenshot_20210320-224409.jpg
Screenshot_20210320-224427.jpg

Edit: 04.11.2021
In the meantime changed my ROM back and forth a few times. (for testing purposes on my part), I repeated today (04.11.2021) the installation of DolbyAtmos according to my instructions and it worked successfully. I am currently on OP8T OOS 11.0.8.12.KB05BA (Model: KB2003)

To the ones who say it doesn't work, I can only say that you not exactly following the instructions or you are on a custom rom.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210320-224332.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 957
Last edited:

Ramme

Dec 19, 2017
OnePlus 8T
My instructions are only for the Official OOS, to all other custom roms I can not say anything, the 8Pro forum which I linked above in the text is only for information where I got the Magisk file.
I have performed the procedure according to my instructions on two OnePlus8T, on both devices DolbyAtmos works successfully.
For custom roms based on OOS-vendor, there is also an alternative here in the forum.

@vibrantliker
Yes, it runs together with Viper4Android.

Reactions: vibrantliker

Dopewaffles

Feb 2, 2020
OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren
did it brick your phone or just not flash in Magisk?
So I installed it and everything was just fine. After finding out it did not work (kept crashing) I decided to remove it from Magisk and then when my phone rebooted it got stuck in a bootloop. Eventually I dirty flashed my ROM back and got everything going again after doing more tweeks, but that was the extent of that.

HubertGT

Nov 26, 2016
Unfortunately I can't install this on OOS11. Anyone with the same problem?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210409-214030.jpg
    Screenshot_20210409-214030.jpg
    415.2 KB · Views: 391
  • Screenshot_20210409-214004.jpg
    Screenshot_20210409-214004.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 388

Ramme

Dec 19, 2017
OnePlus 8T
But 8T already has Dolby Atmos. Am I missing something here?
Whether you miss something I can not answer, but I can tell you that they do not have the same level of accuracy (setting options) in the official DolbyAtmos.
Unfortunately I can't install this on OOS11. Anyone with the same problem?
Did you follow my steps exactly?
Unfortunately, I did not create the package myself and cannot provide any support in this regard.

Phreaker8

Aug 13, 2015
OnePlus 8T
i did all of these steps and it installed but there is no problem i dont think it works correctly. when i disable dolby i didnt notice any difference (7T Pro OOS 11 , Stable)

Ramme

Dec 19, 2017
OnePlus 8T
This app has been reported multiple times as NOT working. I don't suggest anyone download it.
Yep, can confirm.
The app is not working as it should. Don't install it.
If you could at least tell me how the app doesn't work, I could at least help.
Since all I hear is that it doesn't work, I can't do anything.
The next question would be to clarify what kind of smartphone you use? What version of OOS are you on?
I have so far only read out that it does not work on a 7tpro and on a custom rom, but from OOS I have heard nothing?

Attached I have just made the trouble to create a small video, which shows that Dolby works.
I mention again that I did not create the Magisk Dolby file, but only found out that it works with the OnePlus8T on OOS!

Last edited:

epr

Jan 19, 2007
The next question would be to clarify what kind of smartphone you use? What version of OOS are you on?
I have so far only read out that it does not work on a 7tpro and on a custom rom, but from OOS I have heard nothing?

Attached I have just made the trouble to create a small video, which shows that Dolby works.
I mention again that I did not create the Magisk Dolby file, but only found out that it works with the OnePlus8T on OOS!
I am using KB2003, OOS 11.0.8.12 KB05BA
Yes, it looks like it's working. I can move the sliders and set the different modes BUT no matter what I do, it makes absolutely no difference to the sound. And the volume controls are no longer working, volume keeps at one fixed level, the sliders are moving but nothing happens. Demo mode is also not working.
Besides this I don't see any advantages against the built-in Dolby Atmos except the equalizer which is also not very useful because there is no option to save the settings as a preset.

Reactions: petertrol

zj37tzbpl

Nov 7, 2013
Shanghai
Yes, it looks like it's working. I can move the sliders and set the different modes BUT no matter what I do, it makes absolutely no difference to the sound. And the volume controls are no longer working, volume keeps at one fixed level, the sliders are moving but nothing happens. Demo mode is also not working.
Besides this I don't see any advantages against the built-in Dolby Atmos except the equalizer which is also not very useful because there is no option to save the settings as a preset.
Yep, you are right, I installed it successfully and it was not working when I changed the configurations, and after I put it into background application and it was stuck.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Due to complaints that the addon does not work, I have now removed it from the forum.
    Unfortunately, I can not understand that it does not run, because I had no problems on two devices.
    If someone still wants to test or has questions he can send me a PN.

The topic may be closed.

With kind regards
    Ramme

Use on your own risk.
    Hello everyone, I found a post on the OnePlus8Pro forum about Dolby Atmos.
    There sirioo posted a Magisk file which adds the full Dolby Atmos to the system. (Made for the OP8Pro!)(Thanks for this!).
    I tested this on my OnePlus 8T and found that Dolby Atmos works fine.
    For those who would also like to have the full program, I now share my experience.

Instructions: (Root(Magisk) required + Audio Modification Library + USB debugging enabled) !!!

Step 1: Download "SDK Platform Tools", unpack it. Go to the folder and type "CMD" in the top bar. Now your console will open.

Step 2: Make sure that your phone has USB debugging enabled and allowed to the computer (can be enabled in the developer options). Now type the following command: (The Phone must stay ON during the process!)
    adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.oneplus.sound.tuner
    #This removes the Dolby Atmos tuner present on your device.#

Info: After the command (Step:2) you can check in the Settings>Sound&Vibration>> under "Sound effects and modes", there should be now the Dolby-setting disappeared.

Step 2.1: Restart your Phone.

Step 3: Now Download "DolbyAtmosOOS" and put it on your device. (or download the file from my attachment.) Now open Magisk and load the file from your storage and restart your device. Voilà Dolby Atmos can now be enjoyed to the fullest. :)

How do I get back to the default? > Uninstall the Magisk addon, restart your device.

Tested on OP8T - OOS 11.0.7.10.KB05BA (EU) - 03.20.2021 ✅
    Tested on OP8T -
    OOS 11.0.8.12.KB05BA (EU) - 04.11.2021 ✅

A little video from me to show that Dolby works under OOS 11.0.8.12.KB05BA !

Pros of DolbyAtmos Full?
    More and more detailed setting options than with the system's own.

Screenshot_20210320-224340.jpg
    Screenshot_20210320-224346.jpg
    Screenshot_20210320-224351.jpg
    Screenshot_20210320-224356.jpg
    Screenshot_20210320-224409.jpg
    Screenshot_20210320-224427.jpg

Edit: 04.11.2021
    In the meantime changed my ROM back and forth a few times. (for testing purposes on my part), I repeated today (04.11.2021) the installation of DolbyAtmos according to my instructions and it worked successfully. I am currently on OP8T OOS 11.0.8.12.KB05BA (Model: KB2003)

To the ones who say it doesn't work, I can only say that you not exactly following the instructions or you are on a custom rom.
    Uforuently mine did not flash and said failed in Magisk.

OnePlus 7T Pro 5G Running AOSIP
    My instructions are only for the Official OOS, to all other custom roms I can not say anything, the 8Pro forum which I linked above in the text is only for information where I got the Magisk file.
    I have performed the procedure according to my instructions on two OnePlus8T, on both devices DolbyAtmos works successfully.
    For custom roms based on OOS-vendor, there is also an alternative here in the forum.

@vibrantliker
    Yes, it runs together with Viper4Android.

Mine is working on H2OS system, thank you.