Dolby DIGITAL PLUS + VIPER4 WORKING ON MIUI 12 BASE Q-PIE

oregon69

Jun 7, 2008
For New MIUI 12 PIE - Q

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REFERENCE VIDEO FOR FINAL TEST ROM VERSION: https://dai.ly/x7qv8a8

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Always, in my works (rom) MIUI, published on Xda, I have always used Dolby, in combination with other tweaks.

Listen to the sound, more full-bodied, being able to change the tones for my tastes.

All this was fluid up to Oreo.

With Pie I followed many tutorials here, but for me ineffective on MIUI stock or Xiaomi.eu (the one I use most).

There are more weekly releases rom, which I use this series of packages, with my procedure that I later illustrate with excellent results.

Dolby doesn't crash, even after setting changes. and is perfectly grafted with Viper. The most surprising thing is that the sound is more full-bodied.

For me, amazing compared to the previous configurations used in the previous Android versions rom,

which I previously used in my roms, from android 4.4.4 onwards ...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have tested this procedure on Redmi Note 5 Pro and Redmi Note 7.

I think it works well on other Xiaomi devices with the same Rom ...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New MIUI 12 PIE - Q

I apologize.
The world has always tried to defend itself against major threats ...
Yet a small, invisible being has beaten very very hard ... in my country: Italy, all over the world.
In this months I have found solutions to make dolby digital plus + viper4 work,
on the latest MIUI 11 versions, but I have not published.
Everything seemed superficial to me.
Nonsense.
But now it seems that a great light is visible on the horizon ...

New installation for Miui 12
FROM VERSION 20.5.13 FOR LAVENDER (NOW UPDATED TO VERSION: 20.6.4)
FROM VERSION 20.5.14 FOR WHYRED (NOW UPDATED TO VERSION: 20.6.4)

In magisk version 20.4 - 20303 for LAVENDER and FOR WHYRED magisk vers. 20.4 - 20400:
add the 4 modules (numbered respecting the installation sequence)
They are 4 packages to be installed below
Restart only after installing them with Magisk.

- Also works in the latest miui 11 versions -
- the sound quality seems even more improved ..
- Fix now the problem that, after some listening time ...
both Dolby Digital Plus and Viper4 stop working, because they do not remain in the backgroud ... (Miui System forced closing)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OLD

PROCEDURE UNTIL MIUI 11 - 9.12.12 (OLD)

REQUIREMENTS:
4 PACKAGES Magisk- (I have sequentially numbered the packages for greater convenience for you)

FOR RN5: WARNING! I have tested the magisk version 20.2 (20200). Result: dolby app is not present in the system, although it appears in the magisk modules .... instead with the current version everything works well ....

***** Note *****
if you have problems installing the drivers with Viper4, and related root request, you must give all permission the Magisk application (lock screen - start in background). All this for the improved Miui system security.

Procedure OLD PIE :

- Install magisk
- in magisk / modules : install 1.0ViPER4Android_FX-v2.7.1.0.zip -
- do not restart -
- install 1.1Oreo-Pie_Dolby_Digital_Plus_v.6.1-_UNiTY__Light__by_repey6-20190315-zip -
- RESTART -

- Enter again in magisk / modules :
- and install 2.0jdsp_v2.1.zip (use the recommended default indications during installation)
- do not restart -
- install module 2.1Audio_Modification_Library-v2.4.zip
- restart -

open viper4 / give root permissions / install driver

restart!

enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PROCEDURE AND DOWNLOAD FROM VERSION 20.1.9 - ANDROID 10 (Q) (NEW) =

New Miui 11 Procedure - BASE Android 10 (Q) - dolby+viper4:
MAGISK 20.2 (20109) installed (always start with a clean boot.img)
busybox module always present in my modules ....

Procedure:

One session - no reboot

OPEN MAGISK/MODULES
Install in this sequence:

1.0ViPER4Android_FX-v2.7.1.0.zip
2Q_ICESound_Unity_Audio_Port-v8.2 - VERY IMPORTANT: in the installation choose configuration 2 - (practically new jdsp)
3Q-10_Dolby_Digital_Plus_v.6.8-_UNiTY__Light__by_repey6-20191212
4Q_Audio-modify-Library_v2.5

Reboot
open viper4 / give permissions / install drivers
automatic restart
reboot
reopen viper4 / reinstall driver
reboot

have fun with Miui 11 with Android 10 + Viper4 + Dolby base

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently Magisk 20.2 - (20109)= RN7 and 20.1 (20100) = RN5

My Current version rom: Xiaomi eu MIUI 11 - 20.1.21

It's nice to know, if this procedure works on other Device Xiaomi or Other Rom.

**************************************************************************************
This for me better configuration, as I published on the same rn5 thread.
Look at the end of the first post in op : https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-5-pro/how-to/dolby-digital-plus-viper4-miui-pie-rom-t3958081

Faq for noobs:

- If you want to have a good result, follow the instructions in Op-
- Before each installation of a new Miui rom version: first uninstall all Magisk modules / restart / complete uninstall Magisk
-After each installation of a new Miui rom installation: install the precise magisk version shown in the OP (will there be a reason?)
- Do not create a mess of various versions of magisk otherwise, you will only patch the kernel several times .... and DOLBY WILL NOT WORK FOR YOU !!!!! The ignorance of others is not the fault of the author .....

If you made the broth with magisk versions:
- Uninstall magisk
- Use you winrar or other .. and extract boot.img from the rom. copy the file to RN7. Restart in recovery select the boot.img file, after the target (boot)
restart in recovery select the magisk version recommended in OP.

- I noticed that often when installing magisk modules, using the miui file explorer something goes wrong ... I use MIXPLORER.APK
- My procedure was carried out using only the modules listed in OP. I don't know if other modules can create conflicts.
_ USE ONLY ORIGINAL KERNEL IF YOU WANT THAT DOLBY WORKS.
- You connect the brain to your hands to understand if Dolby is not working because of your inexperience or because of the author.

SMALL NOTES:
Obviously, as I wrote above, the perfectly working test was carried out using MIUI 11 VERSION 20.1.9 ONLY
Obviously we are talking about the Miui system with Android Q base-
This does not mean that it works with other Android Q roms or others !!!!
My system is stock Xiaomi.eu. Original kernel!

Please when you post a problem, to specify which rom you have installed and version. In addition to the version of Magisk.

Even more 'writing: it does not work for me ..... and have a device other than RN7 or RN5, where I published the reference thread!

Because it makes no sense to post: it doesn't work for me ..... without mentioning the type of rom version, and magisk version. This procedure works perfectly under the conditions written above. It would make no sense for me to publish without being convinced that everything works.

***************************************************************************************

If my work is useful to you, pressing the thanks button is welcome to me.

All credits to package creators.

Attachments

Last edited:

Tatoh

Jul 26, 2012
Chascomús
Can explain to me why are they using so many sound mods at the same time? They all have too many similarities to me, i just use v4a and it's fantastic compared to stock or audiofx. But I'm not exactly an expert of sound modding.

Reactions: Sithhy™

guerrawill2

Aug 15, 2019
Rio de Janeiro
after all installed and some pictures taken in HDR + mode the same crashed. I can only take pictures in HDR mode. I tried installing before with xiaomi.eu + evira 4.x and my rn7 no opened no cell phone camera. So I went to try with xiaomi.eu beta 9.8.15 + all the mods described and the HDR + mode stopped working, any solution? Sorry for my bad english. Google translator.

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

after all installed and some pictures taken in HDR + mode the same crashed. I can only take pictures in HDR mode. I tried installing before with xiaomi.eu + evira 4.x and my rn7 no opened no cell phone camera. So I went to try with xiaomi.eu beta 9.8.15 + all the mods described and the HDR + mode stopped working, any solution? Sorry for my bad english. Google translator.
I have already cleared the system cache and it has not been resolved.

sonrics1993

Apr 21, 2012
Mexico

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

How is this related to sound mod thread?

Reactions: oregon69

oregon69

Jun 7, 2008
I apologize for not having responded immediately to your comments. it's not part of me. Unfortunately last Saturday, due to the breaking of a water pipe, the whole house where I lived was flooded. I didn't have electricity then.

Was after having installed all this, but after many tests, I realized that it starts to fail after doing a dirty installation of the ROM, I did a dirty installation with the xiaomi.eu, an error of mine, the conflict is not only with these modules, it is with everyone I tested. sorry.

As already said, my house was flooded! but I'm sure it wasn't my package's fault here on xda! I've never had any problems, I never found influences between this tweaks and the software part of the camera .... in fact HDR has always worked for me.

p.s. and really strange that on 450 downloads (up to now) :eek: of this packages on average, you only have this problem. Did you think this before publishing here? -
Besides that, to be sure that everything was ok, I tested these packages for, many weekly releases, BEFORE I publish here..... I said the first thread :highfive:

A bit same this video.
a bit same ???? I haven't tried these packages on video and don't know if it works in the latest Pie Miui versions,. BUT I had already written in the first thread that I had already tried other packages, also here on XDA - But it just didn't work! You simply had to read my thread. The question I ask myself is why are there hunters looking for the evil of others ????

p.s. Roughly from what I read in the video preview (I don't remember the sequence), these are the packages I used! but with Oreo! In fact, they didn't work with Pie for me

Can explain to me why are they using so many sound mods at the same time? They all have too many similarities to me, i just use v4a and it's fantastic compared to stock or audiofx. But I'm not exactly an expert of sound modding.
simply because I use dolby to increase the emphasis of the sound. in fact I leave viper4, in default sound gain. Viper4 I only use instead for frequency cuts, and surround ..

----------
Sorry for my bad English.

Last edited:

Vinicius Bode

Dec 25, 2013
simply because I use dolby to increase the emphasis of the sound. in fact I leave viper4, in default sound gain. Viper4 I only use instead for frequency cuts, and surround
Dolby doesn't work on my RN7 running MIUI.eu 9.8.22. JamesDSP and Viper work ok (with stuttering on the first second of every song, but having used viper for years I just gave up on trying to fix this). But Dolby doesn't process audio.

fjojofr

Dec 6, 2006
Favars
hello

dolby digital + works very well for me ( redmi note 7 - xiaomi eu 9.8.15 - evira 4.5 and the mod Atlantis Concept 2.1 )

my mod on magix: Ainur JamesDSP + Audio Modification Library + Dolbi Digital+ and Viper4Android FX

Last edited:

Nobiewhaty

Sep 23, 2019
I don't use the above mods.
I use V4A, Dolby, Audio compatibility patch, and audio modification library.
It works on my redmi note 7, MIUI 11.0.2.0

Last edited:

zohrann

Oct 24, 2007
Wijchen
Dolby and V4A both work, JDSP crashed... But I only use first two anyway :)

Running MiuiMiX 11.1 v9.10.31 beta on MiMax3

(latest MagiskManager, Magisk 19.4)

Thanks for the info :good:, speakers sound more clear now

Last edited:

Ceejay343

Jun 9, 2016
Does this work on an android Pie Rom, like PE plus? Has anyone tried it?
thanks!
It doesn't work on Lineage OS 16 on my rn7 unfortunately, before I had Miui 10 global and it did work. Pity

EDIT2: Hmm i did get it to work:
Cleared all sound mods. Boot to recovery flash Viper4android legacy 4.4, flash Dolby Digital Unity for Pie(latest, see their dedicated forum on xda) and lastly flash Audio Modification Library 2.4 (it should say patching viper and dolby) and then reboot.
Dolby Digital crashes out after changing a setting but then just restart the app and the setting change is there. And it works !

Last edited: