Dolby DIGITAL PLUS + VIPER4 WORKING ON MIUI 12 PIE-ROM

oregon69

Jun 7, 2008
For New MIUI 12 PIE - Q

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REFERENCE VIDEO FOR FINAL TEST: https://dai.ly/x7qvcbh

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Always, in my works (rom) MIUI, published on Xda, I have always used Dolby, in combination with other tweaks.

Listen to the sound, more full-bodied, being able to change the tones for my tastes.

All this was fluid up to Oreo.

With Pie I followed many tutorials here, but for me ineffective on MIUI stock or Xiaomi.eu (the one I use most).

There are more weekly releases rom, which I use this series of packages, with my procedure that I later illustrate with excellent results.

Dolby doesn't crash, even after setting changes. and is perfectly grafted with Viper. The most surprising thing is that the sound is more full-bodied.

For me, amazing compared to the previous configurations used in the previous Android versions rom,

which I previously used in my roms, from android 4.4.4 onwards ...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have tested this procedure on Redmi Note 5 Pro and Redmi Note 7.

I think it works well on other Xiaomi devices with the same Rom ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New MIUI 12 PIE - Q

I apologize.
The world has always tried to defend itself against major threats ...
Yet a small, invisible being has beaten very very hard ... in my country: Italy, all over the world.
In this months I have found solutions to make dolby digital plus + viper4 work,
on the latest MIUI 11 versions, but I have not published.
Everything seemed superficial to me.
Nonsense.
But now it seems that a great light is visible on the horizon ...

New installation for Miui 12
FROM VERSION 20.5.13 FOR LAVENDER (NOW UPDATED TO VERSION: 20.6.4)
FROM VERSION 20.5.14 FOR WHYRED (NOW UPDATED TO VERSION: 20.6.4)

In magisk version 20.4 - 20303 for LAVENDER and FOR WHYRED magisk vers. 20.4 - 20400:
add the 4 modules (numbered respecting the installation sequence)
They are 4 packages to be installed below
Restart only after installing them with Magisk.

- Also works in the latest miui 11 versions -
- the sound quality seems even more improved ..
- Fix now the problem that, after some listening time ...
both Dolby Digital Plus and Viper4 stop working, because they do not remain in the backgroud ... (Miui System forced closing)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OLD

REQUIREMENTS:
4 PACKAGES Magisk- (I have sequentially numbered the packages for greater convenience for you)

Currently Magisk 20.2 - (20109)= RN7 and 20.1 (20100) = RN5

FOR RN5: WARNING! I have tested the magisk version 20.2 (20200). Result: dolby app is not present in the system, although it appears in the magisk modules .... instead with the current version everything works well ....

***** Note *****
if you have problems installing the drivers with Viper4, and related root request, you must give all permission the Magisk application (lock screen - start in background). All this for the improved Miui system security.

-----------------------

My Current version rom: Xiaomi eu MIUI 11 - 20.1.16

------------------------------------------------

Procedure:

- Install magisk
- in magisk / modules : install 1.0ViPER4Android_FX-v2.7.1.0.zip -
- do not restart -
- install 1.1Oreo-Pie_Dolby_Digital_Plus_v.6.1-_UNiTY__Light__by_repey6-20190315-zip -
- RESTART -

- Enter again in magisk / modules :
- and install 2.0jdsp_v2.1.zip (use the recommended default indications during installation)
- do not restart -
- install module 2.1Audio_Modification_Library-v2.4.zip
- restart -

open viper4 / give root permissions / install driver

restart!

enjoy!

it's nice to know, if this procedure works on other Device Xiaomi or Other Rom .

I think that this post of yours can be published here:
So, I've followed your instructions on my Global RN5P running Havoc OS 2.9 and the installation progress seems to have worked out pretty smoothly; do you suggest on modifying the audio parameters on Dolby on Viper, though? Never used the former, so I really don't know which would be best :)
1. This one (for me) is better setting for Dolby for both speaker, bt, and headphones .... and intellingent Equalizer open:

Screenshot_2019-10-12-18-32-49-241_com.dolby.ds1appUI.jpg

2.this instead (for me) for viper. Equalizer = Rock :

Screenshot_2019-10-12-18-36-21-983_com.pittvandewitt.viperfx.jpg

If my work is useful to you, pressing the thanks button is welcome to me.

SMALL NOTES:
Obviously, as I wrote above, the perfectly working test was carried out using MIUI 11 VERSION 20.1.16 ONLY
Obviously we are talking about the Miui system with Android P base-
This does not mean that it works with other Android Pie roms or others !!!
!
My system is stock Xiaomi.eu. Original kernel!

Please when you post a problem, to specify which rom you have installed and version. In addition to the version of Magisk.

All credits to package creators.

Attachments

Last edited:

geekgunther

Jun 16, 2017
Thank you so much. Working perfectly fine. Could you suggest some presets for Viper for in-ear earphones with a good bass driver?

Sent from my whyred using XDA Labs

iuliusdeblobbis

Sep 2, 2015
So, I've followed your instructions on my Global RN5P running Havoc OS 2.9 and the installation progress seems to have worked out pretty smoothly; do you suggest on modifying the audio parameters on Dolby on Viper, though? Never used the former, so I really don't know which would be best :)

Reactions: oregon69

ifnkemlptr

Sep 5, 2016
Bogor
I failed to follow your instruction :rolleyes:
Instead, I still succeed to make DDP works in MiuiMix 11.0.4 - along with Ainur Sauron

note: I modified above steps of yours to show mine :D

Since Ainur came out, I tend to not look into software based audio mod like V4A. But, I guess I still need DDP, for my own reason.

Last edited by a moderator: