Question Dolby vision yes or no on the mi11 normal?

Search This thread

chrisssj2

May 9, 2013
Im looking for a Native 10 bit QHD Oled phone panel with atleast 510 ppi 6,7 inch screen size.

I came at the OnePlus 8 Pro the Oppo Find X3 Pro and Xiaomi Mi 11.
The X3 pro is 200 euro's more costly then the oneplus 8 and the xiaomi about 130 euro more.
I had thought the mi 11 had dolby vision but maybe this is only for thexiamoi ultra and the mi 11 Lite?
Seems strange if the base model wouldn't have it but the lite budget version would.
The ultra version doesn't seem to be sold anyway in my country (holland)

Madmonk33

Oct 17, 2017
Xiaomi Mi 11
Im looking for a Native 10 bit QHD Oled phone panel with atleast 510 ppi 6,7 inch screen size.

The X3 pro is 200 euro's more costly then the oneplus 8 and the xiaomi about 130 euro more.
I had thought the mi 11 had dolby vision but maybe this is only for thexiamoi ultra and the mi 11 Lite?
Seems strange if the base model wouldn't have it but the lite budget version would.
I have the Xiaomi Mi11 and find it fantastic it may not have Dolby vision but it has HDR 10+ 6.8" screen with 1500nits peak brightness, very smooth 480htz sampling and 120htz screen. The sound is amazing for a phone, great camera's and an IR blaster to annoy your friends Down the pub when you turn the TV from footy to a soap. But the choice is yours.

chrisssj2

May 9, 2013
I have the Xiaomi Mi11 and find it fantastic it may not have Dolby vision but it has HDR 10+ 6.8" screen with 1500nits peak brightness, very smooth 480htz sampling and 120htz screen. The sound is amazing for a phone, great camera's and an IR blaster to annoy your friends Down the pub when you turn the TV from footy to a soap. But the choice is yours.
Yes aside from dolby vision the other stats seem perfect.

So what you are saying is only the ultra and the lite version have dolby vision?

@6:22 video color enhancer SDR to HDR technology
@6:25 video image sharpener
@6:35 bright HDR video mode

Do you think the xiaomi mi 11 have similiar options like this?

Madmonk33

Oct 17, 2017
Xiaomi Mi 11
Yes aside from dolby vision the other stats seem perfect.

So what you are saying is only the ultra and the lite version have dolby vision?

@6:22 video color enhancer SDR to HDR technology
@6:25 video image sharpener
@6:35 bright HDR video mode

Do you think the xiaomi mi 11 have similiar options like this?
I would say they're both similar just did a side by side comparison on GSM Arena and they are both good, and yes the mi 11 does upscale any videos.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-01-27-02-35-17-374_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-01-27-02-35-17-374_com.android.settings.jpg
    546.6 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_2022-01-27-02-34-46-782_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-01-27-02-34-46-782_com.android.settings.jpg
    543.9 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_2022-01-27-02-34-30-637_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-01-27-02-34-30-637_com.android.settings.jpg
    875.5 KB · Views: 38

chrisssj2

May 9, 2013
The screenshots you send. Thanks!!! by the way!
1. Seems to do with motions
2. HDR AI enhancement.. I suppose this is only for HDR content
3. Upscale videos that are not native ress to native ress I suppose

Number 3 might be the same as the " video image sharpener" in Oppo
However for SDR to HDR technology and bright HDR video there does not seem to be such option. Now maybe bright HDR video option might not be needed since the firmware already does what it needs to do in a way it lieks or something i dont know.

But the SDR to HDR technology seems really interesting to me. Especially since I will be streaming my desktop to my phone alot. I don't know how useful this is. but if it isn't on the xiaomi 11 might be a shame idk.

Just found this on the oppo site hmm

The O1 Ultra Vision Engine supports Video Image Sharpener and Video Colour Enhancer features, which are implemented only for certain adapted apps.

The Video Image Sharpener is available for Photos and YouTube, whereas the Video Colour Enhancer is available for YouTube.

"You can only enable one of the functions at one time."

Doesn't seem to help with moonlight streaming then I suppose.

Also I see there is an option "enhanced countours",on the Mi 11X though.
1643251703350.png

Last edited:

or965

Mar 2, 2013

The first time I saw a hdr video on the mi 11 it seems to be very bright but does not have very wide color gamut, so I tested it with my colorimeter . when playing a hdr video it switches to profile that able to get very bright, I think for a medium patch around it measured 1000 nits but the color gamut measure only 83 precept of dci-p3. It not very bad as the high brightness give a perceived look of a more saturated color. When you are on sdr mode, there are very good color profiles. The original color color mode target a SRGB(99%) .It has very low de 2000 and have good white point. You also can change the white point. The p3 color mode target dci-p3(95%).The average of de2000 1.3 ,max 2.9.It does not support hdr as it will switch automatically when watching a hdr video. Also, the dci-p3 mode does not allow very high brightness (not an issue as you won't need it on sdr ). As you lower the brightness you start to crush black on dc dimming, when not on dc dimming it switch the pwm frequency and does not crush blacks until quite low brightness. You can switch to 90 hz mode, and it won't crush black on dc dimming but has green tint (worst while display a gray color), you can change the white level to reduce it . The display has a Diamond sub pixel arrangement and not rgb but still very sharp because of a very high resolution. It is much sharper than a full hd oled with Diamond sub pixel arrangement . I really like this display.I use original color mode with 90 hz . For me, a display that do not crush blacks looks so much better, especially for watching video. I saw so many phones with oled screen that crush black and look not good.