• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Dolphin Browser HD 8.5.1 APK (Supports Flash)

Search This thread

Rapscallion16

Feb 9, 2012
Chicago

jpxdude

Mar 2, 2007
London
Thanks OP, very kind of you! :)

*Edit - Although Flash seems to work fine, when trying to go full screen it crashes out immediately. Currently Firefox does not have this problem.

Last edited:

spunker88

Sep 8, 2006
Upstate NY
I wonder if there is a way to change the apk or program to make it think your are running ICS so it still enables flash, besides editing the build.prop. From the Google Play update log it sounds like its merely disabling flash on JB while still allowing it to work on ICS/GB, so the flash supporting part of Dolphin is still there, its just being disabled.

SomethingMore

Sep 15, 2008
I've been using XScope Browser.
Seems like Flash support is a little bit better on that one, but I haven't tested it extensively. Amazon Instant Video can be played full-screen, which is nice. :) I tried that with Dolphin, but it kept crashing.

Reactions: maureenc

asustf700t

Oct 11, 2012

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since Dolphin Browser HD recently dropped support for Flash on all Jelly Bean devices, including the Nexus 7, people have been needing the old version of Dolphin Browser HD for use with Flash. Well, here you are.

APK Download: http://dl.apktops.com/app/201206/Dolphin_Browser_HD_8.5.1.apk

If you need Flash Player, check this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1771463
    Doesn't work on jellybean, they've permanently disabled the option to enable.

Sent from my ME371MG using xda app-developers app

My bad for the wrong information what I ment was download the the old version 8.5.1 then turn on the flash support once its on test to see if it works once youtsee it does update it to the new version and the feature should be on still but dont go to the option to enable it just update it and it should stay on if not install old verision and try again

just so y'all know you can enable flash on any newer version of dolphin browser without having to downgrade to a lower version first

all you have to do is navigate to data/data/mobi.mgeek.Tunny/Browser/shared_prefs/ using root explorer (or whatever file explorer you use) and delete mobi.mgeek.TunnyBrowser_preferences.xml

and flash will always be enabled no matter what
    Maybe if everyone keeps giving it 1 star for disabling Flash, Dolphin will get the message and add it back.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
    I've been using XScope Browser.
    Seems like Flash support is a little bit better on that one, but I haven't tested it extensively. Amazon Instant Video can be played full-screen, which is nice. :) I tried that with Dolphin, but it kept crashing.
    anybody tried the latest update of Dolphin Browser yet? personally think the new look and feel is amazing.

Also: Flash can now be re-enabled in the Settings->Web content->Flash Player (always on, off or on demand just how it used to be:) ). Shame they removed it in the first place. Tested and works just fine for me, now I don't need the hack posted above, or use an old version.

Other things I've always liked are switching tabs using volume buttons, gestures, plugin support, chrome bookmark sync, send page to/from device etc...