• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Done] Colour backround in subtitles for hardcore subtitles

Search This thread

alex22280

Oct 6, 2010
In last years many movies came with hardcore subtitles . When we choose external subtitles and black background to hide the hardcore subtitles the problem is that the black background is from side to side and do not covers only the subtitles ....On windows with the media player classic (it's media player) the black always follow Only the subtitles ....See the image below

The original Screenshot from movie
Kong.Skull.Island.2017.1080p.KORSUB.HDRip.x264.A.jpg

With black background on mx player ... (the black is from side to side)
Screenshot_2017-04-13-19-37-20.jpg

Screenshot_2017-04-07-23-25-19.jpg

And last and best solution ...on windows with the media player classic
The black background covers always Only the subtitles !!

Clipboard02.jpg

image.jpg

Screenshot_2017-04-13-18-11-39.jpg

Can you make samething like that on mx player ...
Maybe one other solution ...Can you raise the border ....bigger than 300% ..
Screenshot_2017-04-13-19-39-14.jpg

Thanks and sorry for my English

Last edited:

m0ck69

Jun 15, 2014
I was about to make the same topic
I want subtitles box to cover only subtitles not the entire screen.
So that it looked like this:

mx-player-subtitles-7.png

qqq.jpg

@Thirumalai.K can you give any ETA on when this update is going to be made? It's been almost 3 months since @alex22280 brought up this problem.

Last edited:

m0ck69

Jun 15, 2014

Yeah, you're always working on other issues but this is important as well.
There are many movies with hardcoded subs and watching them with your own subtitles is real pain in the ass.
Besides, I don't think it's hard to implement or time consuming. It's just a simple opaque box which is a standard feature in all available players.
I paid for mx player pro and I'm not eager to wait a year or more until you fix it.
As I said, it may look as a not important issue but it is not. Now I can't watch movies on mx player because subtitles overlap each other and it's all confusing and doesn't look nice.
So basically mx player is useless right now when it comes to watching hardsubbed movies.

Please fix it in the next release of mx-player pro.

Thirumalai.K

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
@alex22280
@jazebov
@m0ck69

We have included this feature on v1.9.18.2 & released it for the open beta testers. You can set the custom text background colour through Settings > Subtitles > Text or through the Subtitles menu on the playback screen.

Note: Due to the complex nature of the bitmap based subs, Currently this will work only with text-based subs like srt, ssa.

Last edited:

alex22280

Oct 6, 2010
@alex22280
@jazebov
@m0ck69

We have included this feature on v1.9.18.2 & released it for the open beta testers. You can set the custom text background colour through Settings > Subtitles > Text or through the Subtitles menu on the playback screen.

Note: Due to the complex nature of the bitmap based subs, Currently this will work only with text-based subs like srt, ssa.
Many thanks. It's working ! One question ...Can you add + transparent background For the Colour we choose ? for example black background ....transparent black , Or to choose transparent blurry effect for background ?
sorry for my English
113736_markup.png

Last edited:
Reactions: jazebov

jazebov

Oct 27, 2016
Greeting for the new option. Impatiently wait for a new version when it appear. Good job guys ??

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

I hope that in the new version, background transparent will be in the size of the (fit) subtitles, and the background transparent not to be all the time in the video while no subtitles are active.
Greetings.

jazebov

Oct 27, 2016
And it would be nice if it can slightly increase transparent background. Precisely, custom set option in settings for increase transparent background.

Greetengs.

Top Liked Posts