• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Donot update lolipop...

Search This thread

Iyrah

Oct 25, 2013
Islamabad
My friend got update to lolipop 5.0.1 he ruined his phone battery life..total screen on time 3 hours just
my 4.4.4 kitkat give me this battery life almost 6 hours withour powersaving mode
here is proof

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-22-11-12-44.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-22-11-12-44.png
    148.2 KB · Views: 3,702
  • Screenshot_2015-02-22-11-12-38.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-22-11-12-38.png
    149.2 KB · Views: 3,686

marleyb

Oct 17, 2007
Amsterdam
instagram.com
Lots of people who updated, have a little bit less battery runtime with lollipop then with kitkat. I think using "ruined" is a lil over the top. It's a bug in Lollipop (no need to prove your statement) and is on the Nexus and HTC devices too. Still getting easily a full day on a single charge

Reactions: jhill110

Xhell

Feb 16, 2015
Over all poorer battery life with lollipop but still not to the extend of "ruined my phone". It is still a good update. :)

Sent from hell

SGN4SD

Feb 13, 2015
My friend got update to lolipop 5.0.1 he ruined his phone battery life..total screen on time 3 hours just
my 4.4.4 kitkat give me this battery life almost 6 hours withour powersaving mode
here is proof
There are always sissies that want to complain. Nothing wrong with lollipop. And don't compare it with kitkat that is using a custom kernel probably

mariosraptor

Nov 21, 2006
Corfu
This is what I get with LP. Much worst than KK. I have done full wipe after update N910c

Attachments

• 1424614992429.jpg
    1424614992429.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 1,364
  • 1424615011032.jpg
    1424615011032.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 1,358
  • 1424615057231.jpg
    1424615057231.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 1,354

Sublation

Jan 5, 2013
People get an update they've been anxiously waiting for and as a result play with their phone more. Then they complain the battery life is "ruined".

If you're rooted you need to do a couple of things.

Give the new ROM a day to "settle down". This is also for you so that you fall back into normal usage habits.

Then charge your phone to full. Wipe battery stats. Discharge all the way to empty then charge to full again.

You'll get a lot more battery life if you do that each time a new ROM is flashed.

Lastly, calm down. Put down the sky-is-falling megaphone.

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

I'd also like to add. I can't help but laugh when I see the screen shots as "proof" when the app usage list shows Facebook, or a game, or some other third party app as the culprit. Oh But it's samsungs lollipop updates fault Yeah?

Reactions: jhill110

mariosraptor

Nov 21, 2006
Corfu
People get an update they've been anxiously waiting for and as a result play with their phone more. Then they complain the battery life is "ruined".

If you're rooted you need to do a couple of things.

Give the new ROM a day to "settle down". This is also for you so that you fall back into normal usage habits.

Then charge your phone to full. Wipe battery stats. Discharge all the way to empty then charge to full again.

You'll get a lot more battery life if you do that each time a new ROM is flashed.

Lastly, calm down. Put down the sky-is-falling megaphone.

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

I'd also like to add. I can't help but laugh when I see the screen shots as "proof" when the app usage list shows Facebook, or a game, or some other third party app as the culprit. Oh But it's samsungs lollipop updates fault Yeah?

You're a joke and as old as your advices are. I'm not rooted. I use FB for 5 minutes and it stays connected as all apps that use Internet.
They stay connected even if you use them for 1 minute.
Also even if I didn't wanted to have FB it comes preinstalled.
I'm no child and my use pattern is the same as KK.
Stop being an smartie and if you have no real solution to a problem don't comment. Unless it hurts your loved one, Samsung, which no one said was it's fault.
It's just the buggy 5.0.1.

Reactions: lrm537

Sublation

Jan 5, 2013
Whatever you say bro. I told you how to fix it. Sure it's old advice but no one seems to do it. And it's a sound practice that has solved nearly every battery life issue I've had with any phone.

And i wasn't speaking to you specifically, just commenting on a general pattern I see with battery complaints. But I see now your screenshot shows Facebook as the top app. So maybe you thought I was talking to you alone. I replied before I even got to the last page.

But funny, you only used it for five minutes and it's the top app. Hmm...so sort of makes my point stronger about a 3rd party app sucking down battery life eh? More reason to root and dump the bloatware.

And sure, your usage behavior remained firmly rooted in stone with a brand new update. whatever you say.

And my love for Samsung? Please I've got iPhones, htc, motorola.... It's the same overblown complaining in every manufacturer's forum.

Take a chill pill.

mariosraptor

Nov 21, 2006
Corfu
Whatever you say bro. I told you how to fix it. Sure it's old advice but no one seems to do it. And it's a sound practice that has solved nearly every battery life issue I've had with any phone.

And i wasn't speaking to you specifically, just commenting on a general pattern I see with battery complaints. But I see now your screenshot shows Facebook as the top app. So maybe you thought I was talking to you alone. I replied before I even got to the last page.

But funny, you only used it for five minutes and it's the top app. Hmm...so sort of makes my point stronger about a 3rd party app sucking down battery life eh? More reason to root and dump the bloatware.

And sure, your usage behavior remained firmly rooted in stone with a brand new update. whatever you say.

And my love for Samsung? Please I've got iPhones, htc, motorola.... It's the same overblown complaining in every manufacturer's forum.

Take a chill pill.

I'm chilled. I don't want to root just to get rid of bloat that shouldn't had been there in the first place.
And my usage has remained rooted in stones as you say indeed. It's just an update which should had never been pushed with so many bugs.

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

If you have not done this please do it, Go to settings-wifi-Advanced-Always allow scanning, uncheck if its checked & report back, this is for you & OP both.

Thanks man. Just unchecked it and I'll let you know. This sound much more reasonable to be sucking down battery life.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So battery usage for person A compared to person B in an uncontrolled unscientific test....and it "ruined his phone" ?

OK.....
    I think the lollipop update has ruined my marriage. My marriage just hasn't been the same since I updated my phone. I think I don't have an option but to go back to kitkat. I know one thing is for sure, if my wife gives me divorce papers you can bet your behind I'm getting a lawyer and going after Samsung.

Sounds like a class action suit to me. My dog bit me and he now pisses on my phone every chance he gets....
    I think the lollipop update has ruined my marriage. My marriage just hasn't been the same since I updated my phone. I think I don't have an option but to go back to kitkat. I know one thing is for sure, if my wife gives me divorce papers you can bet your behind I'm getting a lawyer and going after Samsung.
    Haha. Hilarious...NOT. guess the wife needed more satisfaction and the dog more training.
    This is a developer place. No need to make fun. If you have a solution provide it.
    No device or setup is always the same. Then is the network provider.
    And much more.
    Well who pissed in your cheerios? I think your post was as useful as mine. At least mine made people smile. Yours is just rude. Follow your own advice and don't say anything at all next time.
    Lots of people who updated, have a little bit less battery runtime with lollipop then with kitkat. I think using "ruined" is a lil over the top. It's a bug in Lollipop (no need to prove your statement) and is on the Nexus and HTC devices too. Still getting easily a full day on a single charge