General Don't buy this phone if you are planning to root it

Search This thread

krugm0f0

Feb 17, 2010
OnePlus 2
OnePlus X
I have the same experience...! I run a full Titanium Backup to cloud for important apps and settings every night, so the hassle to get back up and running isn't THAT big. But still. I have had my phone reset this way 3 times since christmas.

exis_tenz

Oct 14, 2013
OnePlus Nord 2 5G
If you had it resetted 3 times, then I doubt they did a full wipe in STOCK recovery and THEN reinstall stock. Like said after that, and when all your tweaks and rooting goes straight and without errors, all should keep working.

Xatanu

May 26, 2016
It seems I managed to make it stable at last. I've been running the system and rebooting it regularly without problems for the last two months.
It seems that flashing magisk from TWRP was causing the boot loop problems. Patching the boot image manually with magisk app and flashing it later in fastboot seems to work flawlessly, at least for the moment

Reactions: roldev

roldev

Mar 16, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite
OnePlus Nord 2 5G
It seems I managed to make it stable at last. I've been running the system and rebooting it regularly without problems for the last two months.
It seems that flashing magisk from TWRP was causing the boot loop problems. Patching the boot image manually with magisk app and flashing it later in fastboot seems to work flawlessly, at least for the moment

This make sense. Patched boot.img with magisk almost year ago without problems. Didn't install TWRP, since I thought it's a cause of bootloop...

Xatanu

May 26, 2016
This make sense. Patched boot.img with magisk almost year ago without problems. Didn't install TWRP, since I thought it's a cause of bootloop...
Installing TWRP is safe, but some features don't work well in this device. For example, restoring a nandroid backup in a device with the boot loop problem will not solve it, so they cannot be trusted. Also, formating data will not wipe everything, it seems to leave traces. Doing the same from stock recovery works fine

Reactions: roldev

gawain.j

Aug 11, 2010
Yes, no bootloop or other problem so far: 6 months with approximately one dirty flash each month (for each PE new release)

Reactions: Sitolam

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't know what's wrong with this phone, but once it's rooted it will eventually enter a boot loop after some restarts or power on/off cycles. You can boot to recovery or fastboot, but no matter what you do there, the only way to fix the bootloop is flashing the stock boot and recovery partitions and formating data from there. The phone will reset to factory and boot up normally, but you will loose all your config, apps, etc. It's a pain in the a** to setup everything all over again every few days. Every time you have to restart your phone is like playing russian roulette, you never know when the boot loop will happen, but it will come up sooner or later no matter what you do. I have performed a lot of tests just rooting and without touching a single thing in config or apps, after some restart cycles it boot loops.
    I'm fed up with it because it's so unreliable, it may work fine if you use it stock but I personally need root. I have ended up being so afraid of restarts that I have not powered it off or restarted since a month.
    By the way this is my first One Plus and I don't know if this issue happens with other models from the brand.

This is just my experience and my advise.
    Pixel experience android 12....
    Dev tab
    Hi,

I can confirm that I had the same problem as you to root 3 One Plus Nord 2 (DN2103) from different friends wishing to stay on OxygenOS.
    The root works fine and then totally randomly the OnePlus animation keeps looping after a reboot.
    By doing a "fastboot -w" it starts again correctly but obviously with a loss of data.

Recently I got a Nord 2 from a friend for testing and it turns out that using the latest version of Magisk Canary, the root seems to remain after several reboots but to be tested over several months.
    I've also seen here owners of European Nord 2 who confirm that root works well with Magisk Canary.

Edit : After about 10 reboots, the phone went back to bootloop.
    Yes it's really exhausting root this phone. I tried custom roms without any problems with Magisk but stock is broken somehow. I need to use stock because of video recording quality. I have now Magisk 24.3 but didn't really restart it yet because of this. You shoud backup all data before restart 😂. You can use data format in twrp, that works too.