• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Don't get the passion for 'under screen camera.

Search This thread

lywyn

Jul 19, 2010
You say you're not bothered by the hole so you would not be bothered with an under-screen camera either. So if the next model has one then it makes everyone happy. 👍

Reactions: enigmaamit
The hole really bothers folks that much?
Doesn't interfere functionally. Aesthetics?
I think it has more to do with continuing innovation and pushing the boundaries of development.

The same arguement could be made for under display fingerprint scanners. The back and side mounted ones worked just fine. There was no real "need" for UD scanners. But they're here anyway.

Like @lywyn said, if the UD camera develops to a point where it's just as good as today's punch-hole camera, wouldn't you prefer a screen without a hole in it, rather than one with it?

Also, different people have different priorities I guess - some prefer form, others value function and the rest are somewhere in the middle. To each his/her own.

nixnixnixnix4

Mar 15, 2021
I think it has more to do with continuing innovation and pushing the boundaries of development.

The same arguement could be made for under display fingerprint scanners. The back and side mounted ones worked just fine. There was no real "need" for UD scanners. But they're here anyway.

Like @lywyn said, if the UD camera develops to a point where it's just as good as today's punch-hole camera, wouldn't you prefer a screen without a hole in it, rather than one with it?

Also, different people have different priorities I guess - some prefer form, others value function and the rest are somewhere in the middle. To each his/her own.
There is a marginal benefit with all of these things.
But, without showing marginal benefits, these companies can't sell their latest and greatest phones.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You say you're not bothered by the hole so you would not be bothered with an under-screen camera either. So if the next model has one then it makes everyone happy. 👍