• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Don't know how to boot in twrp

Search This thread

ArthurNobody

Dec 5, 2021
Xiaomi Redmi 8
I recently got my phone's bootloader unlocked so that I could flash custom recovery(twrp) on it, that I think I successfully did. This might sound like dumb question(which it is), but how do I boot in twrp? I have Redmi 8.

fonzacus

Jun 23, 2016
30 Seconds From Mars
Xiaomi Redmi 8
I recently got my phone's bootloader unlocked so that I could flash custom recovery(twrp) on it, that I think I successfully did. This might sound like dumb question(which it is), but how do I boot in twrp? I have Redmi 8.
if you havent done it yet, id highly suggest to also install the vbmeta patch. it tries to bypass avb by unblocking unverified recoveries and more importantly, roms
the command to properly install it is also near the attachment

if youre still on miui and havent straight rebooted back to recovery. there is a high chance it got replaced by the default recovery again. after installing twrp (currently at 3.6.x), id also recd
fastboot reboot recovery
to normally boot into recovery, its volup + power. but sometimes it doesnt get recognized so id hold it until the 2nd vibration