Don't reward TMo - get a 955F !

Search This thread

gaww

Oct 4, 2010
Asheville, NC
For those of you that have not gotten a 935T - don't ! If you must have a S8+, get a 955f

I wasted time with a TMo 935T, and got tired of the TMo run-around and the limited options even AFTER it was rooted. My 935f gets TMo bands 2,4, and 12, and I have WiFi and VoLTE - and am not looking back. Will never buy another TMo branded device again.

As for a 955+, I will live with a S8+ port for now - don't see enough in the new device to justify getting one at this point. Plus - with Duelboot, I have 2 other ROMs up, and don't know if duelboot will handle the S8 and S8+ anytime soon.

MicroMod777

Recognized Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Los Angeles
www.youtube.com
For those of you that have not gotten a 935T - don't ! If you must have a S8+, get a 955f

I wasted time with a TMo 935T, and got tired of the TMo run-around and the limited options even AFTER it was rooted. My 935f gets TMo bands 2,4, and 12, and I have WiFi and VoLTE - and am not looking back. Will never buy another TMo branded device again.

As for a 955+, I will live with a S8+ port for now - don't see enough in the new device to justify getting one at this point. Plus - with Duelboot, I have 2 other ROMs up, and don't know if duelboot will handle the S8 and S8+ anytime soon.
You have interest free leasing to get one??

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quickvic30

Feb 28, 2013
Galaxy

I totally agree with you about the F model but not everyone has $800-1000 laying around to buy a phone out right. That's why most people go with carrier branded phones, so they can make small monthly payments and have a premium flagship every year.

Sent from my SM-G955U using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Ayphverus

Jul 23, 2016
Thus far, to my knowledge, there isn't an unlocked snapdragon variant out yet and emulation on the snapdragon is far superior than the exynos. Thus I don't mind getting a T-Mobile (my current carrier) variant since samsung did an excellent job with most of the software in my opinion and most modifications I used to use a custom ROM for are present. Just another perspective.

gaww

Oct 4, 2010
Asheville, NC
I totally agree with you about the F model but not everyone has $800-1000 laying around to buy a phone out right. That's why most people go with carrier branded phones, so they can make small monthly payments and have a premium flagship every year.

That is what credit cards are for - unless you are maxed out. Then you should not be buying things you don't really need - lol.
PS - saw one on eBay $34/month.

If you are happy with shock ROMs and modifications, then stay stock. But there ware many who got the 935T, and were very unhappy about the locked bootloader. they are the ones who should go this route.

Last edited:

twe90kid

Jan 20, 2008
You still miss the wifi calling feature. The simple way around that is probably setting up Google voice and have the phone calls forwarded to Hangout in case you have wifi.

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk

MicroMod777

Recognized Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Los Angeles
www.youtube.com
You still miss the wifi calling feature. The simple way around that is probably setting up Google voice and have the phone calls forwarded to Hangout in case you have wifi.

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk
True! With T-Mobile you defiantly need Wifi-Calling as their service sucks. At my home sometimes calls don't come through or go out without wifi calling.

I only switched originally for the unlimited data that I could use outside the house and for bootloaders being unlockable. But now, everybody has unlimited data, and everybody has locked bootloaders. Maybe its time to go back to the King of cellular service, Verizon.

tkoreaper

Jan 13, 2011
True! With T-Mobile you defiantly need Wifi-Calling as their service sucks. At my home sometimes calls don't come through or go out without wifi calling.

I only switched originally for the unlimited data that I could use outside the house and for bootloaders being unlockable. But now, everybody has unlimited data, and everybody has locked bootloaders. Maybe its time to go back to the King of cellular service, Verizon.

Have fun with that lol... Since TMO has forced everyone else to go Unlimited all of their networks have been getting hammered hard because their technology can't handle it... TMO's can and they just bought up a ton of spectrum and are working on REAL 5G, not the fake 5G that Verizon and AT&T is trying to sell to people. Just take a look at this... https://www.facebook.com/JohnJLegere/videos/1672156373089908/

BACARDILIMON

Jun 12, 2010
MASTIC BEACH NY
If it don't have wifi calling it is useless. It the main reason I came over to T-Mobile years ago. To many dead spots and zones. With wifi calling makes all the difference in the world. Us when I break it TMobile takes it back and gives me a fresh one to break lol.

Reactions: 3r0k

gaww

Oct 4, 2010
Asheville, NC
If it don't have wifi calling it is useless. It the main reason I came over to T-Mobile years ago. To many dead spots and zones. With wifi calling makes all the difference in the world. Us when I break it TMobile takes it back and gives me a fresh one to break lol.
As I said, I have Wi-Fi calling on s7e international roms. It is being worked on for s8 and I would expect it to happen soon.

Update - it is here now:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...ility-flashable-csc-selection-v1-0-0-t3605264

Sent from my SM-G955F using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Last edited:

najoor

Mar 11, 2014
Los Angeles
As I said, I have Wi-Fi calling on s7e international roms. It is being worked on for s8 and I would expect it to happen soon.

Update - it is here now:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...ility-flashable-csc-selection-v1-0-0-t3605264

Sent from my SM-G955F using XDA-Developers Legacy app

WiFi calling at least for t mobile is a kernel feature. Simply flashing a csc does not make it work. I have the international rom on my phone and I cannot get the WiFi calling to work no matter what. You can search through the link you posted to see no one could actually get the WiFi calling to work for the mobile. Unless you post a screen shot of your international phone showing that the WiFi calling actually works on the mobile network.

Last edited:

JAC79

May 24, 2017
Actually the comments on ATT and Vz regarding 5g are inaccurate. ATT for example had been working with Samsung directly in testing New 5g technologies in certain cities....no bull****

mdiaz33685

Feb 20, 2009
Tampa, FL
If I buy the 955F and use on tmobile what works out of the box? Does VoLTE work and band 12?
According to what someone posted yesterday in the damaging thread. U can Odin flash another ver that has volte and WiFi calling and it worked. I was gonna do the same by buying a F brand, but it's messes up, where r u gonna bring it doe warranty, I think it is not in the USA. I just bought one on eBay 8+ T-Mobile brand..

Sent from my SM-N910T using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Nexii5

Feb 4, 2014
According to what someone posted yesterday in the damaging thread. U can Odin flash another ver that has volte and WiFi calling and it worked. I was gonna do the same by buying a F brand, but it's messes up, where r u gonna bring it doe warranty, I think it is not in the USA. I just bought one on eBay 8+ T-Mobile brand..

Sent from my SM-N910T using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Yeah I ended up not risking it. I picked up the Verizon S8+ through the deal on Samsung ($250 off with any trade in). I flashed the unlocked firmware yesterday and everything is working on T-Mobile.

gaww

Oct 4, 2010
Asheville, NC
WiFi calling at least for t mobile is a kernel feature. Simply flashing a csc does not make it work. I have the international rom on my phone and I cannot get the WiFi calling to work no matter what. You can search through the link you posted to see no one could actually get the WiFi calling to work for the mobile. Unless you post a screen shot of your international phone showing that the WiFi calling actually works on the mobile network.

Forgot about this, but getting WiFi calling to work on international 935F is pretty universal. Did it first by flashing TMB CSC on King ROMs, and later on Echoe - no problems.

Only problem so far is with S8 Ports - WiFi calling works, but calls to other phones on the same network on LTE disconnect when answered - NO ONE has been able to get by this.

gaww

Oct 4, 2010
Asheville, NC

Forgot about this, but getting WiFi calling to work on international 935F is pretty universal. Did it first by flashing TMB CSC on King ROMs, and later on Echoe - no problems. The first screenshot is before flashing CSC. The next 2 are after.

Screenshot_20170711-122051.jpg

Screenshot_20170711-122723.jpg

Screenshot_20170711-122709.jpg

Only problem so far is with S8 Ports - WiFi calling works, but calls to other phones on the same network on LTE disconnect when answered - NO ONE has been able to get by this.

Reactions: najoor

piezan

Aug 7, 2010

My wife is now stuck with it for 2 years. Was that a typo or did u have the tmobile version rooted?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You have interest free leasing to get one??

Have fun with that lol... Since TMO has forced everyone else to go Unlimited all of their networks have been getting hammered hard because their technology can't handle it... TMO's can and they just bought up a ton of spectrum and are working on REAL 5G, not the fake 5G that Verizon and AT&T is trying to sell to people. Just take a look at this... https://www.facebook.com/JohnJLegere/videos/1672156373089908/

Thus far, to my knowledge, there isn't an unlocked snapdragon variant out yet and emulation on the snapdragon is far superior than the exynos. Thus I don't mind getting a T-Mobile (my current carrier) variant since samsung did an excellent job with most of the software in my opinion and most modifications I used to use a custom ROM for are present. Just another perspective.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone