Search This thread

R^7Z

I'd suggest if you want to get the most out of your battery, to always charge it this way. It shouldn't drop no more than 5% - 10% per 8 hours for standby and it just depends on what you are operating and how many things (bluetooth, wifi, games, internet etc) you operate at one time for a specific period of time. I'd say for hard use (if you run everything) for longer than an hour, you should expect the battery to be close to depletion in about 3/4 hours. Granted, you have a really good/new battery, maybe less if you have a not so good/bad battery. You should be able to still run it/make calls but don't expect much performance. Some say you should be able to tell by the output voltage but I'm slightly skeptical. I usually can tell if my battery is bad by how long it remains at any percentage being in standby. I think that is a good baseline to go by, not perfect but good enough for me. The other option you'd have is if you know you are going to run video, is to keep it connected to an external charger. That way you should be able to watch your video and not worry with the display timing out. Of course you could just change the setting but to me, that is kind of like deliberately discharging your battery at a faster rate. Which may have some unwanted side effects. Still another option would be to either buy an extended battery pack OR a portable charger.

Reactions: viksy

crangirl

Jan 16, 2012
Battery issues... for me too..

I'm running XDandroid.. love it, but the battery drains fast.. Maybe it's normal, but I' m always anxious I'm going to run out of battery at the moment I really need my phone :eek:
Any other (Energy?) rom that can be run from the SD card? So I can keep Windows on the phone.. (I'll probably brick it anyways).

Maybe I should buy another battery, but I don' t know if that would help..

R^7Z

AFAIK the ROM that is flashed to your phone doesn't matter because WinMo is completely shut down when you run Android (the whole reason why your phone must be restarted). If you haven't purchased a battery yet and you've had your device since 2008, it might not be a bad idea (if you are keeping the RAPH as your main device) to look for another battery.

crangirl

Jan 16, 2012
AFAIK the ROM that is flashed to your phone doesn't matter because WinMo is completely shut down when you run Android (the whole reason why your phone must be restarted). If you haven't purchased a battery yet and you've had your device since 2008, it might not be a bad idea (if you are keeping the RAPH as your main device) to look for another battery.

Ok, I could buy another battery... but: how long can XdAndroid run on this device.. Sometimes I hear a couple of hours.. sometimes a couple of days. I know the battery drainers etc.. but I just have to use wifi a couple of times (I would rather let it check on it' s own, like with Easy Battery saver, but doesn' t seem to work anymore), and use the Opera Browser .. that's it, and maybe a short phonecall.

If it would make a difference, of course I would buy another battery..

And I' ve been searching and searching for hours, but XDandroid still seems like the best rom.. (without the risk of bricking the phone that is).

crangirl

Jan 16, 2012
Ok, I could buy another battery... but: how long can XdAndroid run on this device.. Sometimes I hear a couple of hours.. sometimes a couple of days. I know the battery drainers etc.. but I just have to use wifi a couple of times (I would rather let it check on it' s own, like with Easy Battery saver, but doesn' t seem to work anymore), and use the Opera Browser .. that's it, and maybe a short phonecall.

If it would make a difference, of course I would buy another battery..

And I' ve been searching and searching for hours, but XDandroid still seems like the best rom.. (without the risk of bricking the phone that is).

I'm looking at batteries right now.. I would buy a 1340 mAh one, instead of 1000 mAh.

R^7Z

OR... You could invest in a decent portable charger... (wink wink, hint hint) Zaggsparq isn't a bad alternative that you could purchase and not only for your RAPH... (I apologize if that sounded like a plug :eek: ) HERE is also a decent price for a replacement battery. Additionally, you could look into an extended battery but I'm not 100% that it will solve all your problems...
To answer your first question, I don't think there was ever a set amount of time or length of time by that matter that the Android port would run on our devices. Pretty much whatever you got and anything longer than an hour was pretty much standard. If you got something longer, you'd probably be running with less apps in the background or something of the sort.

crangirl

Jan 16, 2012
I don't think there was ever a set amount of time or length of time by that matter that the Android port would run on our devices. Pretty much whatever you got and anything longer than an hour was pretty much standard.

One hour?? What's the point of having a mobile phone if it's useless after one hour? :rolleyes:

R^7Z

Depends on the reason for development, I suppose? I don't think there were any devices that shipped with WinMo and also included a free port to Android... :silly:
However, there were speculations as to why the battery doesn't last as long in Android as it does in WinMo. Some suggested that the display/backlight couldn't be shut off properly in Android. Others speculate that the Raph/TouchPro/Fuze was a defective model to begin with and some got a free upgrade to the TP2. So, unless you have any desire to put in the hours and continue developing for an older/"legacy" device, it's probably best to either deal with WinMo or upgrade your device. I blame it on the developers and their stingy ways! (NOT) ;)

crangirl

Jan 16, 2012
Depends on the reason for development, I suppose? I don't think there were any devices that shipped with WinMo and also included a free port to Android... :silly:
However, there were speculations as to why the battery doesn't last as long in Android as it does in WinMo. Some suggested that the display/backlight couldn't be shut off properly in Android. Others speculate that the Raph/TouchPro/Fuze was a defective model to begin with and some got a free upgrade to the TP2. So, unless you have any desire to put in the hours and continue developing for an older/"legacy" device, it's probably best to either deal with WinMo or upgrade your device. I blame it on the developers and their stingy ways! (NOT) ;)

I' m using XdAndroid, because the battery time/life isn't that different from using the old WinMo..

R^7Z

I' m using XdAndroid, because the battery time/life isn't that different from using the old WinMo..

Really?! My old battery (using the same battery from when I bought it in 2008) is at 52% after 2 days of standby but then again, I don't have a signal or service provider. I mainly use it as a camera but from time to time, I play around with it. I have a strange way with devices; when I first buy a device, I can't seem to get into it but as soon as I am done with it, I get interested in it... Odd, I know but oh well. Maybe one day someone will come out with a better device that'll keep my attention from day one... ^_^

May 31, 2009
I'm desperated by wifi tethering - help me please!

Guys, first of all I want to thank you for your overwhelming nice work - you make my HTC Touch Pro useable. :good:

But I've got a major issue: I'm not able to provide a mobile WLAN-hotspot by my phone - neither by the native function (after tapping onto this butten I recieve a error notification and the button wents grey and no longer usable), nor by using Wireless Tether for Root Users (it says:
Code:
Uable to start tethering. Please try again!
), or Barnacle Wifi Tethering (
Code:
Starting...
Data network is ready
.ini file prepared
WIFI: Failed to load driver: Unknown error: 0
WIFI: Could not set address of wlan0: No such device
WIFI: Could not get address of wlan0: No such device
WIFI: Could not get flags of wlan0: No such device
NAT: waiting for local interface
Stopped unexpectedly!

Afterward I've tried a couple of alternative wifi tethering apps - none of these was successful. :(

I'm Using the GBX0C 2.3.7 (Startup: RAPH100) and modules-2.6.27.46-01365-gc8b9a4c.tar and have tried also FRX07.1_Full_Bundle_20110901 (Startup: RAPH100) and modules-2.6.27.46-01356-gd4c73bd.tar

I've also formated my SD-card for several times.

Parts of my daily work depends on the Wifi tethering function, and I don't want to use another Smartphone than the HTC Touch Po (1).

Can you - please - provide me a solution, which is made for noobs like me?

Regards, your petit prince

Countrylion

Oct 2, 2014
I installed the ROM version Hermann Software Upgrade on my device but it stopped working completely. I've done a hard reset and did not work. When the machine starts, appears on "HTC TOUCH PRO" screen and blocks. On the other hand I can not install the previous version because I can not connect the device to the PC. What can I do to solve this problem?
Best regards.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    X-Ray!

Here's a neat app I found when I had my kaiser. It looks like you are viewing an x-ray of your hand! It doesn't seem to work on the touch pro, but maybe someone can tweak it so it will......
    Guess this gets asked a million times, but is there anyway to get the sound out of the front speaker instead of the rear speaker from Skype?

I know about using headphones/ bluetooth, but without either of them?

AFAIK, a similar thread exists in the Skype user forum and states that it is not possible as WM will not offer an API function to access the front speaker.
    I have new HTC Fuze device and i have unlocked it with one of the purchased unlock code so i want to download the new Rom version from the official site what i need to know with that affect my lock or something i mean with that lock it back ??? Plzz i need an asnwer

The Sim unlock/lock has nothing to do with the ROM so i'd say go ahead and flash whatever rom you want, its not going to get your phone locked again.:cool:

Guys, I apologize if this has been asked before, but is Windows Phone 7 possible on the touch pro?
    No, I dont think windows 7 is possible with any device that came with Windows Mobile 6.x or older. However theres some skins/launchers that make your winmo6 phone home screen look like 7. Im just not sure how much testing has been done with the HTC Touch Pro/Fuze.
    Look here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=859799
    comon they got to be someone who can help me out here :( i can't just ask my friends for there numbers every time i want to install a new Rom on my phone :( Help me out here

I don't know about syncing to your computer; I don't usually do that. However, PIM Backup is a popular tool for backing up your contacts to a memory card. It can save your contacts, as well as your call log and messages. Then you can restore them after flashing a new ROM.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=299705
    http://www.dotfred.net/
    How many cycles have you gone through? Have you re-charged more than once yet? You'll have to calibrate the battery before the battery starts discharging correctly. My suggestion would be to let it discharge to 20% then recharge it back to 80%
    I've heard of the same claims about needing to flash the correct ril but never did it and haven't had an issue with quick battery discharge. Keep in mind, if you have the wifi on or don't change the display brightness down, you shouldn't hope to expect anything better with the battery. Additionally, if you've had the battery for longer than 2/3 years, kind of difficult to expect the same (or better) performance from the battery unless you know you've discharged it and recharged it the way mentioned above.