DONT UPDATE Package Disabler Pro if you want to AVOID the OTA

Search This thread

ivan956

Dec 10, 2016
my note7 will be killed with the new ota update

please i need an app to prevent the ota updates any suggestions?
Samsung wants to kill the best l cell ive ever had which is the note7

Chippy_boy

Aug 29, 2016
If I could buy a Huawei Mate 9 Pro here in the UK right now, I'd be off Samsung to never return to the brand again. The Huawei is an inferior phone. No S-pen and no iris scanner. I am not even sure if it's water resistant.

But it has a very good camera, a quad HD OLED screen, a microsd slot. And unlike the S7, is not going to be an old model within 3 months. These are the "must haves" for my next phone. I'd put up with the loss of the other features above just to get away from the Samsung **** we've had to put up with.

Does Samsung have an "anti-sales" department, and a "anti-marketing" department I wonder. They seem to be doing everything they can, to damage their brand and put people off buying their products.

notefreak

Jul 27, 2016
If I could buy a Huawei Mate 9 Pro here in the UK right now, I'd be off Samsung to never return to the brand again. The Huawei is an inferior phone. No S-pen and no iris scanner. I am not even sure if it's water resistant.

But it has a very good camera, a quad HD OLED screen, a microsd slot. And unlike the S7, is not going to be an old model within 3 months. These are the "must haves" for my next phone. I'd put up with the loss of the other features above just to get away from the Samsung **** we've had to put up with.

Does Samsung have an "anti-sales" department, and a "anti-marketing" department I wonder. They seem to be doing everything they can, to damage their brand and put people off buying their products.

You would buy the "porsche" for 1500 usd? I wouldn't. They are just vulturing over Samsung's failure. Plus the phone does not deliver everything I want.

On the other hand, Samsung is treating (former) Note7 customers like crap. No compensation, no nothing. And for those that took the risk (financial) and kept the phone (which I admire, I could not get myself to do it), they keep having to endure one punch after the other.

They are not even making any promises for the future. I will look into Huawei P10 for sure in Q1 2017. Just because.

Edit: Oh, and the longer they wait with doing the right thing for us, the more they are losing us. Like I am going to wait for Note8 for another year? Nope.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2016
Think i may try something like this
&t=348s
don't even know if it will work.
Ill give it one more day to see how my phone is acting. If it wont update, ill leave it. If it will then ill have to do something about it.
UPDATED: ADB+Debloater Method works!
---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

I updated most of my apps in play store aside from Samsung apps.
All Samsung apps i left alone.

No one still doesn't know what is causing the the Safety Recall Notice box to pop up when the power/USB cord is plugged in and when the phone is turned on. If we all knew maybe we could stop the box from popping up with whatever app/program/software.

Thank you for sharing this video. It can help with other things.

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington

For the vast majority of Note7 owners and non-owners alike the drama is long since over. Any "brand damage" that has occurred is past tense and now comes the rebuilding phase. Quickly pushing out the S7 Edge in Blue Coral and Pearl Black has helped maintain its relevance until the S8 is launched. Providing the S8 has killer new features and design it'll vault Samsung's flagships back in to the spotlight in a big way. If its well received and successful people won't even remember the Note7 come Spring.

Oh, and the longer they wait with doing the right thing for us, the more they are losing us. Like I am going to wait for Note8 for another year? Nope.

Samsung has no regard for hold-outs that haven't/won't return their Note7's. In the U.S., 93% of Note7's have been recovered and those holding out are obviously doing so by will and not by accident. So now comes brute force. Here's the U.S. "brick" schedule which will render the wireless features of the phone inoperative.

• T-Mobile - December 27th
  • AT&T - January 5th
  • Sprint - January 8th
Geeks and XDA'rs with tech skills and determination will figure out ways to keep the phone going past the euthanasia update. Lay people won't and will finally give up. That'll leave 2-3% of Note7's sold still in the wild in the U.S. Probably close enough to 100% for Samsung to call the recall effort good. Hold outs and returnees still waiting for compensation it'll probably be a long long wait. At this point Samsung probably considers the whole event over. To jumpstart S8 sales I'd be surprised if Samsung didn't offer some type of "deal" for former Note7 owners. But that's less about compensating for the past than it is securing the future.

I've come to like my S7 Edge and Samsung seems to be accelerating the Nougat update for it which includes all the Note7's s/w features. Assuming it's available in January that'll keep my tech itch scratched until the S8 is distributed in March. In the meantime I'm playing with my LTE Gear S3 which is a fantastic bit of kit and a great effort on Samsung's part. Especially considering Android Wear is bobbing directionless in the water.

OkayGK

Jun 8, 2013
TORONTO
Hey guys, just downloaded package diasabler 14...what should I be disabling to prevent updates? I am coming from PD 6.3 which stopped working. Thanks!

My disabled list:

com.policydm
com.sec.android.soagent
com.wssyncmldm
com.samsung.firmware.sensorhub
com.samsung.android.firmware.tsp
com.sec.spp.push
com.sec.android.app.samsungapps
com.samsung.knox.appsupdateagent

Fourstarzzzz

Nov 23, 2008
My disabled list:

com.policydm
com.sec.android.soagent
com.wssyncmldm
com.sec.spp.push
com.sec.android.app.samsungapps
com.samsung.knox.appsupdateagent

I do not see most of those on s package disabler though

Last edited:

OkayGK

Jun 8, 2013
TORONTO
I do not see most of those on s package disabler though

thats because you may have the new version of PD, in which files will not show.
You need to read the forum or even this thread, last 5-7 pages to find another way to disable those packages.
Or even read on this page, someone quoted me on a way to disable it.

Reactions: force70

notefreak

Jul 27, 2016
For the vast majority of Note7 owners and non-owners alike the drama is long since over. Any "brand damage" that has occurred is past tense and now comes the rebuilding phase. Quickly pushing out the S7 Edge in Blue Coral and Pearl Black has helped maintain its relevance until the S8 is launched. Providing the S8 has killer new features and design it'll vault Samsung's flagships back in to the spotlight in a big way. If its well received and successful people won't even remember the Note7 come Spring.

Samsung has no regard for hold-outs that haven't/won't return their Note7's. In the U.S., 93% of Note7's have been recovered and those holding out are obviously doing so by will and not by accident. So now comes brute force. Here's the U.S. "brick" schedule which will render the wireless features of the phone inoperative.

• T-Mobile - December 27th
  • AT&T - January 5th
  • Sprint - January 8th
Geeks and XDA'rs with tech skills and determination will figure out ways to keep the phone going past the euthanasia update. Lay people won't and will finally give up. That'll leave 2-3% of Note7's sold still in the wild in the U.S. Probably close enough to 100% for Samsung to call the recall effort good. Hold outs and returnees still waiting for compensation it'll probably be a long long wait. At this point Samsung probably considers the whole event over. To jumpstart S8 sales I'd be surprised if Samsung didn't offer some type of "deal" for former Note7 owners. But that's less about compensating for the past than it is securing the future.

I've come to like my S7 Edge and Samsung seems to be accelerating the Nougat update for it which includes all the Note7's s/w features. Assuming it's available in January that'll keep my tech itch scratched until the S8 is distributed in March. In the meantime I'm playing with my LTE Gear S3 which is a fantastic bit of kit and a great effort on Samsung's part. Especially considering Android Wear is bobbing directionless in the water.

I returned my phone first week after second recall and the whole thing is far from over for me. I was not about to waste my two year contract on an inferior phone (s7). And if Samsung has nothing to keep me interested soon, and yes, with some sort of benefit, they will lose me.

Yes, surveys say people will remain loyal to Samsung and I would be one of those people to say I will still buy from Samsung, but I am still angry with them, I don't trust their quality and I am not ready to shell out as much money for their phones as I was with N7. So, drama over? People may forgive, but they won't easily forget.

Reactions: MizSxxyBych

Chippy_boy

Aug 29, 2016
For the vast majority of Note7 owners and non-owners alike the drama is long since over. Any "brand damage" that has occurred is past tense and now comes the rebuilding phase.

EVIDENTLY this is not true, or the strenuous efforts by Samsung to get every last Note7 back, would not be continuing. Let alone increasing.

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

You would buy the "porsche" for 1500 usd? I wouldn't.

No, I'd buy the Huawei Mate 9 Pro, as I said.

wolf-pack

Nov 25, 2016
What debloater did you use? I do not see Note 7.

Just start reading here, begin with post #204

http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-7/help/dont-update-package-disabler-pro-want-t3489243/page21

And the mentioned firewall that i suggested is NoRoot Firewall Beta from Grey Shirts:

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=noroot firewall beta&c=apps

Using this you can analyze the internet access for apps and packages. All access attempts will be shown and you can decide if you allow or deny. So you can block those you want to prevent from any iinternet communication.

Netjoker

Sep 11, 2011
Hi!
If you want to know how to disable the needed packets, come and join the note 7 alliance. This is NO advertisement! Out alliance is absolutely free for anybody!! We are working on further solutions such as IMEI changing to prevent blacklisting by the carriers! We have a great solution to disable the ota updates without the need of an app, but we also have working versions of different apps!
Here's the link: http://www.note7alliance.com/
We also have a Facebook group and German Forum section!

Michael

YOSEFE

Sep 12, 2006
UK
Hi!
If you want to know how to disable the needed packets, come and join the note 7 alliance. This is NO advertisement! Out alliance is absolutely free for anybody!! We are working on further solutions such as IMEI changing to prevent blacklisting by the carriers! We have a great solution to disable the ota updates without the need of an app, but we also have working versions of different apps!
Here's the link: http://www.note7alliance.com/
We also have a Facebook group and German Forum section!

Michael

Trying to register, but doesn't recognise the verification codes. Always returns validation code invalid.

What should I do next?

jaeyang9

Dec 13, 2016
hi!
you wouldn't happen to still have that apk version available? please send if you do! much appreciated! the ota notification is getting bothersome on my note7.. :D

caniranges

Dec 9, 2013
Mississauga
Xiaomi Mi 11
Think i may try something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VQSjKQkh7U&t=348s
Ill give it one more day to see how my phone is acting. If it wont update, ill leave it. If it will then ill have to do something about it.

Good Sir, I watched the video and I have adb installed, but the windows program that he used to control the phone seems to no longer be available.
please can you share it?
Thanks

Chippy_boy

Aug 29, 2016
Strange thing: I was messing about with my phone a couple of hours ago and without me doing anything, PDP downloaded an update for itself and tried to install it. The install failed because it was blocked for some reason. It kind of spooked me and I didn't read the message fully.

Anyway, I looked in my downloads folder and there was another .apk file sitting there, dated today.

Has this happened to anyone else? It looks very much like they tried to push the update, but maybe I just hit the wrong buttons with my fat fingers and caused this myself. I have no idea how though - I wasn't running PDP at the time, so I don't know how I could have invoked this.

OkayGK

Jun 8, 2013
TORONTO
Think i may try something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VQSjKQkh7U&t=348s

Good Sir, I watched the video and I have adb installed, but the windows program that he used to control the phone seems to no longer be available.
please can you share it?
Thanks

PM me your email. I will give you a quick access to my onedrive where you can download both programs. or google those, im sure there are tons of downloads

Reactions: caniranges

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Package Disabler Pro has been updated by the developer to re-enable OTA updates in the version update released today!!!!

(my app has not been updated as i have updates disabled (i have also backed up the APK) so if you need my APK let me know) (i found this out by reading the change log on today's updates) :( its sad the developer has tried to do this to us.
    Yes uninstall 6.4 first!

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

I just loaded the 6.3 version APK to my public OneDrive account
    Click here guys:
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsOG_vH3x0TjjwSHw5M9FflyJ-Fx
    I'm not a Note7 owner but Looking at these posts, I'am concered that so many people, especially XDA users do not want to return their phones. There's a reason Samsung recalled the phone and is pushing these limitations on you. It's for your own safety and the people around. You can barely bring it anywhere anymore, and if it actually does explode in your face, or injures an old lady on the bus, what are you going to do? Please guys, please return your Note7 phones. It's not worth it anymore.

I stopped reading after "im not a note 7 owner".

Sent from my SM-N930W8 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm not good at tech stuff... I tried to download the 6.3 from the public drive that one guy had put up on this thread...but after downloading it to my phone,
    I couldn't get the apk to work (even after ticking the box for downloading apps from unknown 3rd parties). Then I read that some links might contain viruses.

You are likely talking about my link. It does NOT contain a virus. It is a direct link to the APK file. And for anybody else reading this, I'm not sure why some people are still asking where to find it. I posted it in 2 of the threads in this forum, this thread included.

My "thanks" meter is going up because people are using my link and successfully installing it. So don't be afraid that there is a virus.

Ensure you have removed version 6.4 or any other later version you may have installed. Otherwise 6.3 won't install.
    What has been posted several times already. I personally have disabled
    com.policydm
    com.sec.android.soagent
    com.samsung.android.omcagent
    com.wssyncmldm

and most importantly

I cannot guarantee anything obv but this seems to do the trick for most people
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone