DONT UPDATE Package Disabler Pro if you want to AVOID the OTA

Search This thread

tonymy01

Aug 15, 2010
Sydney
The network operator definitely knows your phone model, as I am getting regular SMS from mine warning to shut down the phone and come into store to replace it (umm, Optus, I bought it from Samsung, not you, so I 99% sure it is pointless bringing it to you!)

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

YOSEFE

Sep 12, 2006
UK
Yes uninstall 6.4 first!

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

I just loaded the 6.3 version APK to my public OneDrive account
Click here guys:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsOG_vH3x0TjjwSHw5M9FflyJ-Fx

Hi,
I wonder if you could advise me. Samsung pushed the battery charge limiting update to my Note 7.
This has not been installed or downloaded. I have installed the Package Disabler, thanks to you and others.
The only issue now is that on the Settings gear there is a 1 showing that there is a software update available to download and install.
When I push on the gear I am led to the next screen with the usual options, and there is a 1 on the end of Software update option.
Is there a way to get rid of the "1", or can I just ignore this and live with it?

Thanks for looking into this for me.

Chippy_boy

Aug 29, 2016
Hi,
I wonder if you could advise me. Samsung pushed the battery charge limiting update to my Note 7.
This has not been installed or downloaded. I have installed the Package Disabler, thanks to you and others.
The only issue now is that on the Settings gear there is a 1 showing that there is a software update available to download and install.
When I push on the gear I am led to the next screen with the usual options, and there is a 1 on the end of Software update option.
Is there a way to get rid of the "1", or can I just ignore this and live with it?

Strange - I have no such 1 showing.

tossero

Sep 13, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Hi,

Are you talking about the Samsung Gear Watch?
All I know is that I received a Gear watch update, that might be the case for you ?
If so, just update your Samsung Gear, it's safe and the 1 will go away !:)

YOSEFE

Sep 12, 2006
UK
Are you talking about the Samsung Gear Watch?
All I know is that I received a Gear watch update, that might be the case for you ?
If so, just update your Samsung Gear, it's safe and the 1 will go away !:)

Hi,
thanks.

No, the gear wheel icon for "settings".

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

Strange - I have no such 1 showing.

Thanks.

It may be that you used the Package Disabler before the update arrived from Samsung.

Thanks once again.

alexcarterkarsus

Jun 14, 2010
I am wondering if anyone has the same problem as me...
I bought the package disabler pro from the play store previously, and it successfully blocked the update (so far). However now play store is pushing a new update to the package disabler pro that removes even more apps from my block list. Thank god I disabled the automatic update on the store so it couldn't update by itself...

I thought the apk provided in this thread would not be recognized by play store, just like if you install an pirate app, so I uninstalled the official one and installed that apk. To my surprise, once I tried to open the app, it was trying to connect to the license server to authenticate (as I was doing all this offline to avoid getting sent the Samsung update of 60% death). So grudgingly I turned on the internet to let it authenticate. It did, but once I open the play store, the update notification is there again! So not a pirate apk after all?!
I mean, does anyone else have the same problem?

statikk1

May 23, 2009
The network operator definitely knows your phone model, as I am getting regular SMS from mine warning to shut down the phone and come into store to replace it (umm, Optus, I bought it from Samsung, not you, so I 99% sure it is pointless bringing it to you!)
When you connect to a mobile network your sim along with the device imei is visible to the carrier.

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

What about the people who bought off eBay like most of us, can they imei block our device since they don't know were using a Note7? Or does the SIM tell the operator what device we are on?
The phone reports the imei along with the sim number to your carrier. If Samsung has a complete list of all imei numbers and hands them over to local telcos it doesn't matter where you got the phone from, it will be blocked

NIKKOTUASON

Aug 17, 2012
Toronto
When you connect to a mobile network your sim along with the device imei is visible to the carrier.

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

The phone reports the imei along with the sim number to your carrier. If Samsung has a complete list of all imei numbers and hands them over to local telcos it doesn't matter where you got the phone from, it will be blocked

$hit I wonder how likely they will blacklist IMEIs?

NIKKOTUASON

Aug 17, 2012
Toronto
This might be against rules, changing IMEI via app like xposed modules is only temporary right? If you install a new Rom would your IMEI go back to original?

rafeba

Sep 2, 2011
Hamilton
There are a couple of websites where you can change the imei. For Note 7 is pretty expensive. 120$

Sent from my SM-N930W8 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Package Disabler Pro has been updated by the developer to re-enable OTA updates in the version update released today!!!!

(my app has not been updated as i have updates disabled (i have also backed up the APK) so if you need my APK let me know) (i found this out by reading the change log on today's updates) :( its sad the developer has tried to do this to us.
    Yes uninstall 6.4 first!

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

I just loaded the 6.3 version APK to my public OneDrive account
    Click here guys:
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsOG_vH3x0TjjwSHw5M9FflyJ-Fx
    I'm not a Note7 owner but Looking at these posts, I'am concered that so many people, especially XDA users do not want to return their phones. There's a reason Samsung recalled the phone and is pushing these limitations on you. It's for your own safety and the people around. You can barely bring it anywhere anymore, and if it actually does explode in your face, or injures an old lady on the bus, what are you going to do? Please guys, please return your Note7 phones. It's not worth it anymore.

I stopped reading after "im not a note 7 owner".

Sent from my SM-N930W8 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm not good at tech stuff... I tried to download the 6.3 from the public drive that one guy had put up on this thread...but after downloading it to my phone,
    I couldn't get the apk to work (even after ticking the box for downloading apps from unknown 3rd parties). Then I read that some links might contain viruses.

You are likely talking about my link. It does NOT contain a virus. It is a direct link to the APK file. And for anybody else reading this, I'm not sure why some people are still asking where to find it. I posted it in 2 of the threads in this forum, this thread included.

My "thanks" meter is going up because people are using my link and successfully installing it. So don't be afraid that there is a virus.

Ensure you have removed version 6.4 or any other later version you may have installed. Otherwise 6.3 won't install.
    What has been posted several times already. I personally have disabled
    com.policydm
    com.sec.android.soagent
    com.samsung.android.omcagent
    com.wssyncmldm

and most importantly

com.samsung.firmware.sensorhub
    com.samsung.android.firmware.tsp

I cannot guarantee anything obv but this seems to do the trick for most people