Battery: 5580mAh, Li-Polymer
Back Camera: 5104 x 4092 pixels (21MP), Sony IMX230 Sensor
Front Camera: 3264 x 2448 pixels (8MP), Samsung S5K4H8 Sensor
SIM card: Dual-SIM, Dual-Standby
Wi-Fi: a, b, g, n 2.4GHz/5.0GHz, dual-band, Wi-Fi Hotspot
USB: Micro-USB, 2.0
Bluetooth: 4.0
Positioning: GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
Other Features: Fingerprint Scanner, Mediatek Pump Express, NFC, Wireless Charging
Colors: Black, Gold, White

Official Website:

http://www.doogee.cc/detail/ip68-rugged-smartphone/112

Development & Support:

Reviews:

My own review: Post #2 & #3

Last edited:
Reactions: mhyr and Maatje

Alberto96

Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2010
Modugno (BA)
Samsung Galaxy S4
LeEco Le 2
Review (part 1)

Introduction

This is the DOOGEE S60.

Doogee-S60-Rugged-Main.jpg

Hardware

Taking the name from the CAT S60, the most powerful rugged device ever made with a thermal camera, the DOOGEE S60 tries to follow, at least in part, the idea of providing decent hardware even in rugged devices. As a result, DOOGEE choose to use a Mediatek Helio P20/25 with 6GB of RAM and 64GB of ROM, with probably everything you can fit in a device, such as NFC and Wireless Charging.

Unboxing

eoJK66Ml.jpg

It comes packages in a pretty standard DOOGEE box, i would have expected something different for this kind of device though, with some accessories: 1x Micro-USB Cable, 1x 5 to 12V Pump Express USB Charger, 1x Quick Start Guide, 1x Warranty Card, 1x Plastic Screen Protector. 1x Screwdriver with extra screws and the Smartphone (of course). A screen protector is already applied.

Qazxkill.jpg

When it comes to the design, this is the best rugged device i have ever held in my hands, with no crazy coloured parts or any other weirdness. I got the Black Version and the full-black design looks gorgeous. It is also solid of course as you would expect from an IP68 device, but it isn't perfect, since keys can be pressed too easily (must have been harder).

kUkX0hsl.jpg
q5d55ial.jpg

sm7uIvgl.jpg
sm7uIvgl.jpg

tUCWDmMl.jpg
W2n5XhXl.jpg

It is 16.2x8.33x1.52mm, that translated in a single word would mean "big", with a weight of 286g, not too much considering that also non-rugged devices sometimes reach this weight.

Gvpt0sDl.jpg
O70DyyTl.jpg

kxIh8Cyl.jpg
qCcg9Kzl.jpg

On the front side there is a classic flat glass with a FHD IPS panel underneath, with big bezels.

5zwyjkql.jpg

The upper front side features the earpiece, the sensors hole that includes both light and proximity sensors and a front-facing camera. An RGB Notification LED is also here.

9AItZmwl.jpg

Here you can see the LED in action.

c1UrQKpl.jpg
3cIQF6ql.jpg

As regards the lower front side, there isn't anything at all except a nice-looking DOOGEE logo. On-screen keys are used here.

rpSz9TJl.jpg

On the back side there is a world of things, with screws to remove the whole back cover.

vR9zUlZl.jpg

The upper rear side of the device features a big Sony IMX230 camera sensor with dual-tone dual-LED flashlight, an hole that seems to be for the secondary microphone and a cover for the SIM-Card/MicroSD area that can be removed with the provided screwdriver. Almost in the center there is the fingerprint scanner that has been cut in the photo ^^.

RZj6SiOl.jpg

On the lower rear side there is the NFC/Wireless Charging pad, the supposed stereo speaker grills and some words about the device itself.

55wcsD7l.jpg

Device

Screen

Being the first 5.2 inches smartphone i ever review, i don't know how other panels behave, but the one i found here is pretty good, with excellent color accuracy and an overall nice viewing experience.

tdM94Jol.jpg

The light sensor works reasonably well, and the screen brightness is higher than average.

Y5o1Nd9l.jpg

Viewing Angles are perfect thanks to the flat glass, with no distortion on any side.

XeqSfYMl.jpg
ZHxmiDgl.jpg

Camera

Photos taken using the rear camera, that is a Sony IMX230 (21MP), look just OK, with a low noise level but also low image detail. Consider the number of megapixels, i would have expected some better results.

HDR works pretty good though, with some nice gain in brightness and image detail. Sometimes photos look warmer than usual though.

0oTEof3l.jpg
SS6HdAWl.jpg

PnaqU9Dl.jpg
TA33Smhl.jpg

3jZX2qGl.jpg
pFb3jHvl.jpg

ctMPryjl.jpg
7hu6OFJl.jpg

The Flashlight is pretty powerful and, being dual-tone, is doesn't mess up color accuracy.

BND7kOOl.jpg
O0tdwXLl.jpg

Video Recording is a kind of flashback of what happened on the BL7000, videos recorded at 1080p30 show an high level of noise, and this is confusing considering that in photo mode this doesn't happen.

As regards the Front-Camera, it is a wide-angle variant with the same noise level found on the rear camera so photos look a bit noisy.

vOVMb9Ml.jpg

Audio

Starting from the speaker, it is really important to report that even though DOOGEE declares a Stereo Speaker system, only one of the two holes provides audio so it is clear that there is only one speaker inside unless my unit is faulty.

Anyway, from the single speaker unit the sound is really loud and powerful, probably one of the best i have ever found on a smartphone, with minor distortion at maximum volume.

Both Microphone and Earpiece instead work decently well, with a nice hearing esperience and no single problem while in-call.

GPS

Even though there is an high amount of Metal on this device that could interfere with the GPS Antenna, here it works great, nearly perfect, with excellent accuracy outdoors and impressive accuracy indoors. The signal is stable, and GLONASS is supported.

Indoors on the left, outdoors on the right.

MWz6Z1Ll.png
rjFIoXMl.png

Telephony, Mobile Network & WiFi

The same consideration i made for the GPS Antenna applies here. With full support for European 4G Bands (Band 20 included), i managed to stay connected to my 4G Network everywhere, with even better results compared to my Redmi Note 4. Outstanding results for a Mediatek device.

cKiJdZpl.png

WiFi Performance is great too. Of course WiFi 5GHz is supported, and i was able to reach the same speed i get on my laptop, the maximum reachable using my VDSL internet connection.

fQtnxkll.png

Battery Life

Battery Capacity is slightly disappointing since it doesn't match the declared value, and the amount of missing mAhs isn't low at all. (declared 5580mAh, real ~4970mAh)

6nj0GuEl.jpg

Battery Life is still good though, considering the power-hungry SOC, a result of 15h and 7min using the PCMark Battery Test isn't bad at all. (WiFi on, minimum brightness, Sync on)

A266CxKl.png
khFPtqpl.png

VxbpeDul.png
GdI6xWOl.png

Thanks to the Mediatek Pump Express charger, it is possible to recharge the battery completely is more or less 2 hours (as long as you keep the device cold of course), but it reaches a maximum of 9V even though the Charger is made to reach up to 12V.

vrgxy64l.jpg

Last but not least, Wireless Charging. Working just fine with a wireless charger i have here, made for Samsung devices.

wRgUJ2xl.jpg

Software

Similar to most DOOGEE devices released in the past few months, also this one runs on DOOGEE OS based on Android 7.0 Nougat. Basically, it is a slightly skinned OS with a custom launcher that i recommend to replace. Except Xender and Zello, there isn't any bloatware preinstalled and both apps can be uninstalled/disabled.

The OS runs pretty smooth with no lags at all (excluding the launcher), and the Toolbox app is also pretty useful to use all features included with the device.

JszIcoJl.png
ili7l2al.png

Vqi3cuwl.png
Mm91C7zl.png

Su4WB5Xl.png
5L3ldDwl.png

I05Or9ml.png
Yl9taN9l.png

Just like most Mediatek devices, also this one features the usual set of features such as Gestures, Double tap-to-wake and MiraVision.

7XGxjcql.png
vKzPmStl.png
y5MErJHl.png

All kinds of sensors are here, including a Barometer.

RMD0r0Hl.png

No malwares detected using Malware-Bytes Anti-Malware.

aA5PvZll.png

The fingerprint scanner is another thing that requires heavy optimization on this device, it is accurate and fast when it works, but it frequently stops recognizing fingerprints even while the screen is on (as you can notice in the video).

Alberto96

Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2010
Modugno (BA)
Samsung Galaxy S4
LeEco Le 2
Benchmarks

I am sorry for all of you readers but i have to say goodbye to the good and old Vellamo Mobile Benchmark, it doesn't upload anymore results to the server thus, i guess, it has been discontinued 4ever. RIP Vellamo.

I have used 3DMark, AndroBench, Antutu Benchmark, Epic Citadel, GeekBench 4, GFXBench, PCMark (Work 2.0, Computer Vision, Storage & Work 1.0) and PassMark PerformanceTest to stress the device to the limit. I won’t test Games or Video Playback because there are already some related tests included in these Benchmark suites.

3DMark – A FHD screen isn't the best for the GPU used in this SOC, so results might not look that high. Still, i would have expected way worse results.

FD3G3u2l.png
DCkvsXgl.png

Mozpph8l.png
45mXU6nl.png

MbS082kl.png
kXEGQvsl.png

AndroBench – Excellent internal storage performance, probably the maximum reachable on this SOC.

y72vDEBl.png

Antutu Benchmark – I won’t say a lot about this benchmark, this isn’t as reliable as others. I’m providing this just for benchmarks lovers.

8aO3zepl.png
xkuLVsZl.png

Epic Citadel – Not buttery smooth frame-rate, but still over 30fps that is the minimum required for a decent gaming experience.

nzCH3CBl.png

GeekBench – It is nice to see that Mediatek CPUs are gradually reaching previous gen Qualcomm ones, but single-core performance still requires lots of work from the company. Multi-core performance is pretty good though.

CPU

UfITVoDl.png

ZRkdgwHl.png
63psjXCl.png

Compute

OQ7kdrGl.png
WLgm3QIl.png

GFXBench – Almost impressed by the results provided here, i got way worse results in the past even on more powerful devices. Interesting.

fpMI8G9l.png
l1yTlizl.png
rmxPbXfl.png

PCMark – Just some standard scores, maybe i would have expected an higher storage score considering the AndroBench result, but it is still good.

Work 2.0

4HAezvpl.png
bmnqCpQl.png

Computer Vision

Rrw36mTl.png
1YJ0sCql.png

Storage

QuscXsul.png
JeWyevjl.png

Work 1.0

MT5MMndl.png
fd9BfJyl.png

PassMark PerformanceTest – I don't have any other devices tested with this new-entry benchmark, as a start, use this results just for reference.

trljNRsl.png
2m4kjwfl.png
2ziAXsll.png

Conclusions

DOOGEE S60, a device full of great features and powered by some great hardware, but the software requires lots of work to get the maximum from the hardware. The potential is here, it just needs to be unlocked.

Excluding the software, the device is well-made, a good example of how a rugged device should be designed with no weird parts that would make the device look like a toy. Still, this is not for everyone, since you must have specific needs to choose this device instead of a classical more portable one.

So, do i recommend it? Well, as long as you can wait for some camera fixes or just don't mind about camera quality, then yes, definitely recommended.

Pros:

Excellent WiFi and 4G Performance
Outstanding GPS Accuracy
Solid and well-made
Good IPS Panel
Complete of all kinds of sensors

Cons:

Battery Capacity doesn't match the declared value
Both cameras require heavy software optimizations
Only one side of the speaker grills is actually working
A bit too easy-to-press HW keys
Sleepy (or freezy) fingerprint scanner

Rating: 8.3

Packaging and Accessories: 8.5
Design and Materials: 10
Performance and Heat Dissipation: 9.5
Screen: 9
Camera: 6.5
Sound: 8
Battery Life: 8
Software: 7
OEM Support: 8
Price: 8.5

You can find full-res images (I know, Quality isn't excellent) here: https://imgur.com/a/yVI76

Official Website: http://www.doogee.cc/detail/ip68-rugged-smartphone/112

You can buy it on many online shops. Official, and authorized, Retailers are listed in the DOOGEE website.

Oksi

Sep 17, 2011
There is one speaker only

Unfortunately, the doogee's autopsy shows that on the back there is one speaker only. And some people have problem with it: sometimes it begin to produce the sound like if it has water inside. After you open the back tamp for sim-cards or one of the rubber ramps, it normalize. But in few time it can repeat. Several people are complaining about this. ..

Alberto96

Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2010
Modugno (BA)
Samsung Galaxy S4
LeEco Le 2
Unfortunately, the doogee's autopsy shows that on the back there is one speaker only. And some people have problem with it: sometimes it begin to produce the sound like if it has water inside. After you open the back tamp for sim-cards or one of the rubber ramps, it normalize. But in few time it can repeat. Several people are complaining about this. ..

So mine isn't faulty then, but I don't have the "water" issue.

pittapittae

Oct 16, 2017
@Alberto96 which model of wireless charger did you use? I tried a couple of chargers but the phone seems not able to comply with the communication protocols or something along the line: the charging process starts and then stops a few seconds later. Thanks!!

Alberto96

Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2010
Modugno (BA)
Samsung Galaxy S4
LeEco Le 2
@Alberto96 which model of wireless charger did you use? I tried a couple of chargers but the phone seems not able to comply with the communication protocols or something along the line: the charging process starts and then stops a few seconds later. Thanks!!

iVoler MPA-WFC-000012, it is an high-power model.

Maatje

Mar 1, 2007
Hi, great in depth review!thanks a lot. Can you some post pictures of the inside of the Doogee S60 (motherboard, chipset etc.).

Maatje

Mar 1, 2007
Don't want to mess its IP68 certification e.e
Okay, that's understandable.
I was curious about the inside and motherboard.
I read some people experience problems with the wireless charging. I thought maybe a view on the innards could help identify the problem.
I wondered what wireless charging standard is used (QI? PMA? Multiple standards?) and if it is implemented in the p25 chip, or is there a separate chip for that.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn D5803 met Tapatalk

winco206

Feb 27, 2013
Hi guys,
please, can you (somebody) tested Bluetooth? Do it work with bluetooth headset, car-radio with handsfree, BL speaker without any issue? Music play and telephone call is smoothly without chopping.

And what is specification for wireless charging?

Thank you

Huey

Jan 19, 2007
Hi guys,
please, can you (somebody) tested Bluetooth? Do it work with bluetooth headset, car-radio with handsfree, BL speaker without any issue? Music play and telephone call is smoothly without chopping.
I have used it with Sony MDR-1000X bluetooth headphones and Inateck Bluetooth dongle (call capable, can plug wired headphones in to make them bluetooth headphones). Everything works just fine.

And what is specification for wireless charging?
Qi wireless chargers are compatible. I have tested this on both Raynic and RavPower Qi charging pads. One tip is that placement should be with the NFC area on the charging pad, not the centre of the phone (so it will sit slightly 'high' on the pad). I noticed that the display keeps turning on and off and thought this was to do with charging. It's not - it's to do with the oversensitive fingerprint reader (thanks to another post I read for the clue). It does get warm, though the metal case should help dissispate the heat (and is probably why it feels so warm as conduction is better).

HTH.

This device replaces a Blackview BV6000 for me, which had a couple of issues too many (firmware updates, USB OTG & proximity sensor).

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

What app are you using to show that it has an IR blaster? This is the one thing above all others this phone is missing (maybe it's not?!).

And I agree that the buttons are a little too easy to press and the fingerprint sensor is too sensitive when you don't want it to be and not sensitive enough when you do. It also only seems to recognise the first finger I set up, any further ones do not work (so much for using it left-handed).

H.

Last edited:

winco206

Feb 27, 2013
thanks for your answer.
I have problem to choose Xiaomi redmi note 4 Global version or Doogee S60.

I want rugged phone but I dont have to have it. Doogee S60 is very good phone, CPU speed, RAM capacity and more, but is large and heavy. However Xiaomi have official distributors in the Europe (Slovakia) so waranty are notproblem. Doogee's waranty is problem.

What is your opinion.

Huey

Jan 19, 2007
thanks for your answer.

I want rugged phone but I dont have to have it. Doogee S60 is very good phone, CPU speed, RAM capacity and more, but is large and heavy. However Xiaomi have official distributors in the Europe (Slovakia) so waranty are notproblem. Doogee's waranty is problem.

What is your opinion.

Nobody can answer that but yourself. If you like the specs of the Xiaomi better, then you have the benefit of the European warranty. If the S60 is more tempting, you take a chance with warranty :fingers-crossed: but the phone does not cost as much as a flagship... :D

I'm in Europe and I bought the S60 :cowboy:

Last edited:

Alberto96

Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2010
Modugno (BA)
Samsung Galaxy S4
LeEco Le 2
thanks for your answer.

What is your opinion.

It depends on your needs. In my opinion, Qualcomm-based devices are always superior, so, if you don't need a rugged device, then go for the Xiaomi.

winco206

Feb 27, 2013
thank you guys. Finaly, I take Xiaomi note 4X (global). Performance is same like a S60 (cca) but CPU is Qualcomm not MediaTek and cost is 150€ less.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Benchmarks

I am sorry for all of you readers but i have to say goodbye to the good and old Vellamo Mobile Benchmark, it doesn't upload anymore results to the server thus, i guess, it has been discontinued 4ever. RIP Vellamo.

I have used 3DMark, AndroBench, Antutu Benchmark, Epic Citadel, GeekBench 4, GFXBench, PCMark (Work 2.0, Computer Vision, Storage & Work 1.0) and PassMark PerformanceTest to stress the device to the limit. I won’t test Games or Video Playback because there are already some related tests included in these Benchmark suites.

3DMark – A FHD screen isn't the best for the GPU used in this SOC, so results might not look that high. Still, i would have expected way worse results.

FD3G3u2l.png
    DCkvsXgl.png

Mozpph8l.png
    45mXU6nl.png

MbS082kl.png
    kXEGQvsl.png

AndroBench – Excellent internal storage performance, probably the maximum reachable on this SOC.

y72vDEBl.png

Antutu Benchmark – I won’t say a lot about this benchmark, this isn’t as reliable as others. I’m providing this just for benchmarks lovers.

8aO3zepl.png
    xkuLVsZl.png

Epic Citadel – Not buttery smooth frame-rate, but still over 30fps that is the minimum required for a decent gaming experience.

nzCH3CBl.png

GeekBench – It is nice to see that Mediatek CPUs are gradually reaching previous gen Qualcomm ones, but single-core performance still requires lots of work from the company. Multi-core performance is pretty good though.

CPU

UfITVoDl.png

ZRkdgwHl.png
    63psjXCl.png

Compute

OQ7kdrGl.png
    WLgm3QIl.png

GFXBench – Almost impressed by the results provided here, i got way worse results in the past even on more powerful devices. Interesting.

fpMI8G9l.png
    l1yTlizl.png
    rmxPbXfl.png

PCMark – Just some standard scores, maybe i would have expected an higher storage score considering the AndroBench result, but it is still good.

Work 2.0

4HAezvpl.png
    bmnqCpQl.png

Computer Vision

Rrw36mTl.png
    1YJ0sCql.png

Storage

QuscXsul.png
    JeWyevjl.png

Work 1.0

MT5MMndl.png
    fd9BfJyl.png

PassMark PerformanceTest – I don't have any other devices tested with this new-entry benchmark, as a start, use this results just for reference.

trljNRsl.png
    2m4kjwfl.png
    2ziAXsll.png

Conclusions

DOOGEE S60, a device full of great features and powered by some great hardware, but the software requires lots of work to get the maximum from the hardware. The potential is here, it just needs to be unlocked.

Excluding the software, the device is well-made, a good example of how a rugged device should be designed with no weird parts that would make the device look like a toy. Still, this is not for everyone, since you must have specific needs to choose this device instead of a classical more portable one.

So, do i recommend it? Well, as long as you can wait for some camera fixes or just don't mind about camera quality, then yes, definitely recommended.

Pros:

Excellent WiFi and 4G Performance
    Outstanding GPS Accuracy
    Solid and well-made
    Good IPS Panel
    Complete of all kinds of sensors

Cons:

Battery Capacity doesn't match the declared value
    Both cameras require heavy software optimizations
    Only one side of the speaker grills is actually working
    A bit too easy-to-press HW keys
    Sleepy (or freezy) fingerprint scanner

Rating: 8.3

Packaging and Accessories: 8.5
    Design and Materials: 10
    Performance and Heat Dissipation: 9.5
    Screen: 9
    Camera: 6.5
    Sound: 8
    Battery Life: 8
    Software: 7
    OEM Support: 8
    Price: 8.5

You can find full-res images (I know, Quality isn't excellent) here: https://imgur.com/a/yVI76

Official Website: http://www.doogee.cc/detail/ip68-rugged-smartphone/112

You can buy it on many online shops. Official, and authorized, Retailers are listed in the DOOGEE website.
    Review (part 1)

Introduction

This is the DOOGEE S60.

Doogee-S60-Rugged-Main.jpg

Hardware

Taking the name from the CAT S60, the most powerful rugged device ever made with a thermal camera, the DOOGEE S60 tries to follow, at least in part, the idea of providing decent hardware even in rugged devices. As a result, DOOGEE choose to use a Mediatek Helio P20/25 with 6GB of RAM and 64GB of ROM, with probably everything you can fit in a device, such as NFC and Wireless Charging.

Unboxing

eoJK66Ml.jpg

It comes packages in a pretty standard DOOGEE box, i would have expected something different for this kind of device though, with some accessories: 1x Micro-USB Cable, 1x 5 to 12V Pump Express USB Charger, 1x Quick Start Guide, 1x Warranty Card, 1x Plastic Screen Protector. 1x Screwdriver with extra screws and the Smartphone (of course). A screen protector is already applied.

Qazxkill.jpg

When it comes to the design, this is the best rugged device i have ever held in my hands, with no crazy coloured parts or any other weirdness. I got the Black Version and the full-black design looks gorgeous. It is also solid of course as you would expect from an IP68 device, but it isn't perfect, since keys can be pressed too easily (must have been harder).

kUkX0hsl.jpg
    q5d55ial.jpg

sm7uIvgl.jpg
    sm7uIvgl.jpg

tUCWDmMl.jpg
    W2n5XhXl.jpg

It is 16.2x8.33x1.52mm, that translated in a single word would mean "big", with a weight of 286g, not too much considering that also non-rugged devices sometimes reach this weight.

Gvpt0sDl.jpg
    O70DyyTl.jpg

kxIh8Cyl.jpg
    qCcg9Kzl.jpg

On the front side there is a classic flat glass with a FHD IPS panel underneath, with big bezels.

5zwyjkql.jpg

The upper front side features the earpiece, the sensors hole that includes both light and proximity sensors and a front-facing camera. An RGB Notification LED is also here.

9AItZmwl.jpg

Here you can see the LED in action.

c1UrQKpl.jpg
    3cIQF6ql.jpg

As regards the lower front side, there isn't anything at all except a nice-looking DOOGEE logo. On-screen keys are used here.

rpSz9TJl.jpg

On the back side there is a world of things, with screws to remove the whole back cover.

vR9zUlZl.jpg

The upper rear side of the device features a big Sony IMX230 camera sensor with dual-tone dual-LED flashlight, an hole that seems to be for the secondary microphone and a cover for the SIM-Card/MicroSD area that can be removed with the provided screwdriver. Almost in the center there is the fingerprint scanner that has been cut in the photo ^^.

RZj6SiOl.jpg

On the lower rear side there is the NFC/Wireless Charging pad, the supposed stereo speaker grills and some words about the device itself.

55wcsD7l.jpg

Device

Screen

Being the first 5.2 inches smartphone i ever review, i don't know how other panels behave, but the one i found here is pretty good, with excellent color accuracy and an overall nice viewing experience.

tdM94Jol.jpg

The light sensor works reasonably well, and the screen brightness is higher than average.

Y5o1Nd9l.jpg

Viewing Angles are perfect thanks to the flat glass, with no distortion on any side.

XeqSfYMl.jpg
    ZHxmiDgl.jpg

Camera

Photos taken using the rear camera, that is a Sony IMX230 (21MP), look just OK, with a low noise level but also low image detail. Consider the number of megapixels, i would have expected some better results.

HDR works pretty good though, with some nice gain in brightness and image detail. Sometimes photos look warmer than usual though.

0oTEof3l.jpg
    SS6HdAWl.jpg

PnaqU9Dl.jpg
    TA33Smhl.jpg

3jZX2qGl.jpg
    pFb3jHvl.jpg

ctMPryjl.jpg
    7hu6OFJl.jpg

The Flashlight is pretty powerful and, being dual-tone, is doesn't mess up color accuracy.

BND7kOOl.jpg
    O0tdwXLl.jpg

Video Recording is a kind of flashback of what happened on the BL7000, videos recorded at 1080p30 show an high level of noise, and this is confusing considering that in photo mode this doesn't happen.

As regards the Front-Camera, it is a wide-angle variant with the same noise level found on the rear camera so photos look a bit noisy.

vOVMb9Ml.jpg

Audio

Starting from the speaker, it is really important to report that even though DOOGEE declares a Stereo Speaker system, only one of the two holes provides audio so it is clear that there is only one speaker inside unless my unit is faulty.

Anyway, from the single speaker unit the sound is really loud and powerful, probably one of the best i have ever found on a smartphone, with minor distortion at maximum volume.

Both Microphone and Earpiece instead work decently well, with a nice hearing esperience and no single problem while in-call.

GPS

Even though there is an high amount of Metal on this device that could interfere with the GPS Antenna, here it works great, nearly perfect, with excellent accuracy outdoors and impressive accuracy indoors. The signal is stable, and GLONASS is supported.

Indoors on the left, outdoors on the right.

MWz6Z1Ll.png
    rjFIoXMl.png

Telephony, Mobile Network & WiFi

The same consideration i made for the GPS Antenna applies here. With full support for European 4G Bands (Band 20 included), i managed to stay connected to my 4G Network everywhere, with even better results compared to my Redmi Note 4. Outstanding results for a Mediatek device.

cKiJdZpl.png

WiFi Performance is great too. Of course WiFi 5GHz is supported, and i was able to reach the same speed i get on my laptop, the maximum reachable using my VDSL internet connection.

fQtnxkll.png

Battery Life

Battery Capacity is slightly disappointing since it doesn't match the declared value, and the amount of missing mAhs isn't low at all. (declared 5580mAh, real ~4970mAh)

6nj0GuEl.jpg

Battery Life is still good though, considering the power-hungry SOC, a result of 15h and 7min using the PCMark Battery Test isn't bad at all. (WiFi on, minimum brightness, Sync on)

A266CxKl.png
    khFPtqpl.png

VxbpeDul.png
    GdI6xWOl.png

Thanks to the Mediatek Pump Express charger, it is possible to recharge the battery completely is more or less 2 hours (as long as you keep the device cold of course), but it reaches a maximum of 9V even though the Charger is made to reach up to 12V.

vrgxy64l.jpg

Last but not least, Wireless Charging. Working just fine with a wireless charger i have here, made for Samsung devices.

wRgUJ2xl.jpg

Software

Similar to most DOOGEE devices released in the past few months, also this one runs on DOOGEE OS based on Android 7.0 Nougat. Basically, it is a slightly skinned OS with a custom launcher that i recommend to replace. Except Xender and Zello, there isn't any bloatware preinstalled and both apps can be uninstalled/disabled.

The OS runs pretty smooth with no lags at all (excluding the launcher), and the Toolbox app is also pretty useful to use all features included with the device.

JszIcoJl.png
    ili7l2al.png

Vqi3cuwl.png
    Mm91C7zl.png

Su4WB5Xl.png
    5L3ldDwl.png

I05Or9ml.png
    Yl9taN9l.png

Just like most Mediatek devices, also this one features the usual set of features such as Gestures, Double tap-to-wake and MiraVision.

7XGxjcql.png
    vKzPmStl.png
    y5MErJHl.png

All kinds of sensors are here, including a Barometer.

RMD0r0Hl.png

No malwares detected using Malware-Bytes Anti-Malware.

aA5PvZll.png

The fingerprint scanner is another thing that requires heavy optimization on this device, it is accurate and fast when it works, but it frequently stops recognizing fingerprints even while the screen is on (as you can notice in the video).

DOOGEE S60

s2_11.jpg

Specs:

Dimensions: 81 x 164 x 15.5 mm
    Weight: 286 g
    Chassis: Rugged
    SoC: MediaTek MT6757CD (Helio P25)
    CPU: ARM Cortex-A53, 4x2600 MHz, Cores: 8
    GPU: ARM Mali-T880 MP2 1000MHz, Cores: 2
    Network: 4G Cat.6 (300MBps) with VoLTE Support
    RAM: 6 GB, LPDDR4
    Storage: 64 GB
    Memory cards: microSD, microSDHC, microSDXC
    Display: 5.2 in, 1080x1920, IPS
    Protection: Gorilla Glass 5
    Battery: 5580mAh, Li-Polymer
    Back Camera: 5104 x 4092 pixels (21MP), Sony IMX230 Sensor
    Front Camera: 3264 x 2448 pixels (8MP), Samsung S5K4H8 Sensor
    SIM card: Dual-SIM, Dual-Standby
    Wi-Fi: a, b, g, n 2.4GHz/5.0GHz, dual-band, Wi-Fi Hotspot
    USB: Micro-USB, 2.0
    Bluetooth: 4.0
    Positioning: GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
    Other Features: Fingerprint Scanner, Mediatek Pump Express, NFC, Wireless Charging
    Colors: Black, Gold, White

Official Website:

http://www.doogee.cc/detail/ip68-rugged-smartphone/112

Development & Support:

Reviews:

My own review: Post #2 & #3

iVoler MPA-WFC-000012, it is an high-power model.
    What app are you using to show that it has an IR blaster? This is the one thing above all others this phone is missing (maybe it's not?!).

That's DevCheck, but I completely forgot to say that it is just a "false alarm" xD