Last edited:

iantaylor27

Aug 30, 2006
Gps

ROM version: 1.23.707.2
ROM date: 12/28/06
Radio version: 1.29.00.11
Protocol version: 32.62.7020.06H

This version is the GPS function enabled. (on COM9)

ftp://xda:xda@ftp.xda-developers.co...A_WWE_1.23.707.2_6275_1.29.00.11_108_Test.exe

FYI: Try to check this link, His Trinity comes with SirfIII GPS chipset.
http://www.pdamobiz.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=77312&PN=1

Uploaded.. Enjoy. :)

I find that a bit hard to believe that his trinity comes with Sirf111 module, must have a special version.

I will still await afficial rom update

mmone3

May 6, 2006
denver
Just updated my p3600 with this rom and so far the gps seems to be working fine.... Yep I had to use the paid unlocker.

export800

Apr 13, 2005
gps works here too.. had a HTC P3600 that I used the paid unlocker and flashed this rom on. So far so good. As far as accuracy i'm not one to ask as I'm not a GPS expert but it seems decent and i'm happy so far.

userman

Jan 4, 2007
spv m700

I TRIED TI INSTALL THIS ROM ON MY SPV M700 BUT IT's impossible
i have this message : ERROR 294 invalid VENDER ID :(

jsong

Apr 14, 2006
I've installed the ROM and enabled the Control Panel for GPS (Registry edit). It REALLY works. My GPS is on COM Port 9as stated. However, I don't have any GPS software and I'm using the Trial Version of Mapking G10 and it does fix and navigate!

SecureGSM

Sep 27, 2006
Melbourne
www.securegsm.com
GPS does work fine. I have tested with TomTom 6.x ( gps connection is configured as "BT GPS receiver, on port: COM9 GPS)

It takes longer time to recieve GPS fix then with SIRF III chipset driven GPS receiver. I had to wait for almost 6 minutes to receive GPS fix. Otherwise I have no issues so far with it.

Tested in Melbourne, Australia in build up area.

I didn't have to change / enable anything in registry. It workls out of the box. GPS chipset is initialised upron GPS connection request from navigation software (TomTom in my case).

kitcar

Nov 23, 2005
GPS does work fine. I have tested with TomTom 6.x ( gps connection is configured as "BT GPS receiver, on port: COM9 GPS)

It takes longer time to recieve GPS fix then with SIRF III chipset driven GPS receiver. I had to wait for almost 6 minutes to receive GPS fix. Otherwise I have no issues so far with it.

Tested in Melbourne, Australia in build up area.

I didn't have to change / enable anything in registry. It workls out of the box. GPS chipset is initialised upron GPS connection request from navigation software (TomTom in my case).

Which one are u using? HTC p3600, Dopod D810, Dopod 9100 or others?
Have u unlock the cid ?

mihaig

Jan 19, 2007
I cannot download. Any other link available? Does anybody knows if it will work on HTC P3600? (trinity100)

thommic

Jun 20, 2006
FFM
Could someone please explain step by step how its been done?

Far as I understood you used the Paid unlocker. What have you done exactly?

Afterwards your Trinity has a SuperCID? And you are able to flash the FW offered here?

Please give me a little help. I bricked a TyTn 3 Weeks ago and I cant brick that one too. Gets a little bit expensive. ;)

export800

Apr 13, 2005
unlocked device using the imei-check http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=291050

Once this was done device was superCID'd and I was able to just flash the firmware as normal.
So far I am very happy with the new firmware. It seems quicker.. and the GPS is working great. My initial fixes have been very rapid less than a minute. So far I am very impressed with the GPS feature (much better than I feared it would be) and doubt I will ever use my bluetooth SirfStarIII device again. Also the "E"dge Icon is now functioning under this ROM.

thommic

Jun 20, 2006
FFM
Just check the forum. The Topic is neyxt to this one. I unlocked mine now and currently flashing the GPSon FW.