Doppler Radar Widget

Search This thread

BlueCross

Jun 8, 2012
Minnesota
I'm looking for some recommendations on a Doppler Radar WIDGET.

I've tried many applications which have fantastic in-app Doppler radars, but none have widgets.

Here's a list:

• Weatherbug Elite - DOES have a widget, but it's doesn't resize very well.
  • Radar now
  • BeWeather Pro
  • Rainy Days

Recommendations, please?

BlueCross

Jun 8, 2012
Minnesota
Is there any benefit over radar now? Do you use a subscription service with this app?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

Byonik

Feb 25, 2010
Northern VA
I've been using BeWeather Pro for a while and like it the best. Here are some of the features I like:

1. Compatible with Beautiful Widget clock skins.
2. Has three different radar choices, plus visible and IR sattelite.
3. Can have multiple locations, and with pro version, can select nearby personal weather stations from WxUnderground.
I have a PWS at my house, which is why I originally bought BW Pro, but it really is a nice widget.

Edit: wait - are you looking for a widget that also has a radar service, or are you trying to find an actual radar widget that shows radar all the time? I just re-read the op and seems I may have misunderstood the request.

That would be a pretty cool widget. Could be a data hog, but if it had some kind of refresh toggle built in, that would definitely be a useful utility.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

BlueCross

Jun 8, 2012
Minnesota
The
I've been using BeWeather Pro for a while and like it the best. Here are some of the features I like:

1. Compatible with Beautiful Widget clock skins.
2. Has three different radar choices, plus visible and IR sattelite.
3. Can have multiple locations, and with pro version, can select nearby personal weather stations from WxUnderground.
I have a PWS at my house, which is why I originally bought BW Pro, but it really is a nice widget.

Edit: wait - are you looking for a widget that also has a radar service, or are you trying to find an actual radar widget that shows radar all the time? I just re-read the op and seems I may have misunderstood the request.

That would be a pretty cool widget. Could be a data hog, but if it had some kind of refresh toggle built in, that would definitely be a useful utility.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

I already use Be Weather Pro.

I'm interested in a weather widget with a radar so I can setup a geeky weather screen on my device. This way I can see multiple things on one screen without opening the 3 or 4 apps that have different details I enjoy in relation to weather. I think I'll just use a high tech radar such as radar scope or pykl3 and open up the radar when it's needed.

Edit : something like this, although this radar sucks.

ajdfBCNv

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

Last edited:

wwjdd44

Jun 6, 2010
Deep South

I have been using PYKL3 Radar for a couple of months. Similar to radarscope, but seems to have more features. It has been very accurate for me. It can use allisonhouse or caprock weather as an alternative radar provider. I work on a golf course, so weather always gets my attention. PYKL3 is my go to app for radar.

jedifire

Radarscope does not require a subscription, just a one time purchase. I've used both Pykl and Radarscope and IMO I prefer Radarscope. Its pretty straight forward and it uses either NOAA or iMapWeather for radar data.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Smokncars

Mar 27, 2011
Kenosha
Eweather HD hass one if i remember and by far as the most weather info out of any weather app i use to use like weather bug accu weather

I've tried many applications which have fantastic in-app Doppler radars, but none have widgets.

Here's a list:

• Radar now
  • BeWeather Pro
  • Rainy Days

Recommendations, please?

Last edited:

daavy

Sep 10, 2010
Eweather HD hass one if i remember and by far as the most weather info out of any weather app i use to use like weather bug accu weather

Thank you so much for this recommendation. It was exactly what I've been looking for.. im not the OP but thanks all the same. It's a great app. Awesome widgets. Dopler radar and all that. .

mills23

Oct 20, 2010
Did you ever find a radar widget? Id like one too.

Here's a list:

• Radar now
  • BeWeather Pro
  • Rainy Days

Recommendations, please?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Radarscope is an excellent radar app, however there are no widgets included with it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2