DorimanX Kernel for android 4.4.4

Search This thread

jasondutch

Feb 14, 2015
Goor
Hello,
Today i downloaded NeatRom ( android 4.4.4) For the battery life etc etc,
And i also read that the dorimanX kernel is battery friendly, but where do i get the one for my android 4.4?
I have now a kernel installed ( CM recovery+ kernel for Kitkat -odinflashable), The version of CWM is v6.5.0.1.

Please help me

Jason

N

noppy22

Hello,
Today i downloaded NeatRom ( android 4.4.4) For the battery life etc etc,
And i also read that the dorimanX kernel is battery friendly, but where do i get the one for my android 4.4?
I have now a kernel installed ( CM recovery+ kernel for Kitkat -odinflashable), The version of CWM is v6.5.0.1.

Please help me

Jason

Get 10.44v008 from here -

http://www.dorimanx.ataliba.net/

I would assume it will work, I have used it with other aosp 4.4.4 roms, but I haven't used neat rom. :)

jasondutch

Feb 14, 2015
Goor
Get 10.44v008 from here -

http://www.dorimanx.ataliba.net/

I would assume it will work, I have used it with other aosp 4.4.4 roms, but I haven't used neat rom. :)
Can i flash it without losing clockworkmod v6.5.0.1?

EDIT:// My odin v3.09 doesn't see the zip package.. how is that possible?
EDIT:// 2 Can i also put a custom bootanimation on my phone with the dorimanx kernel?

Last edited:
N

noppy22

EDIT:// 2 Can i also put a custom bootanimation on my phone with the dorimanx kernel?

I think dorimanx will replace your cwm with its own version(I am on 6.0.4.8), but there is not much difference. You can always flash the newer version if you really need it.
Odin won't see it as it is not a .tar file, just flash it from recovery. It is recommended if you are not re-flashing the rom to use the kernelwipe script from @hawkerpaul to make sure there are no issues from residual files from the old kernel.
I don't know about a custom boot-animation, it may be possible but not something that is a feature of the kernel

Reactions: AKAndrew41
N

noppy22

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Free mobile app

Hey,
Thanks for your help,
So i just need to re-install my ROM after flashing the kernel?

No, that would install the stock kernel again. If you have been using the rom as is for a while I would use the kernelwipe script, then just flash the dorimanx kernel from recovery, then just reboot into system. You can flash the kernel without the script but you run the risk of bugs because of left over files from the previous kernel.

jasondutch

Feb 14, 2015
Goor
No, that would install the stock kernel again. If you have been using the rom as is for a while I would use the kernelwipe script, then just flash the dorimanx kernel from recovery, then just reboot into system. You can flash the kernel without the script but you run the risk of bugs because of left over files from the previous kernel.

Alright thanks,
Unfortuanely my phone screen died :(
When its repaired i download the kernel instantly

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    N
    noppy22

I think dorimanx will replace your cwm with its own version(I am on 6.0.4.8), but there is not much difference. You can always flash the newer version if you really need it.
    Odin won't see it as it is not a .tar file, just flash it from recovery. It is recommended if you are not re-flashing the rom to use the kernelwipe script from @hawkerpaul to make sure there are no issues from residual files from the old kernel.
    I don't know about a custom boot-animation, it may be possible but not something that is a feature of the kernel
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone