Dorimanx LOLLIPOP kernel {STOCK} Q&A thread

Search This thread

dorimanx

Feb 20, 2010
TERA Prime.
www.dorimanx.com
Hello everyone, I have a question hopefully someone can help me with.. I have D800 lg g2 phone that has tmobile D801 stock rom on it. (i needed wifi calling so i 've installed this rom and everyting works good =)
I was wondering witch kernel do i have to flash... D800 or D801....currently on the phone setting it says D801.. Thank you!
Wifi calling... Whatsup has killed it.
Anyway.
Kernel has to be d800 rom can be tweaked to work but kernel is the driver set.
Its like installing wrong engine in car.
99% its will be bad option.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Reactions: khanjui

60nine

dorimanx,

Your signature shows that you use "ROM: ★ LG LP D802 Stock(somboons) 30H ★", can you advise which one from this thread -> https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=59837620 will be best with your kernel? Shall we use SRK-D80230H_20160107_droidth (this is what you use?) or newer SRK-D80230F-EUR_20160528_droidth ?

both roms are the same...
i think the only difference is that the newer one has updates on some security stuff...

smartpr1v4t3

Jan 10, 2014
Offtopic and have nothing todo with LGG2
But ordered on friday my OP 3T 128GB and waiting for it. Still thinking about to cancel the order because when i would be honest to me the LGG2 is still fine ;)

dorimanx when you have any new information about what software are you using (rom/kernel/what else) with the phone it would be great.
Wanna stay with software next to you for new tests ;)

Reactions: dorimanx

dorimanx

Feb 20, 2010
TERA Prime.
www.dorimanx.com
Offtopic and have nothing todo with LGG2
But ordered on friday my OP 3T 128GB and waiting for it. Still thinking about to cancel the order because when i would be honest to me the LGG2 is still fine ;)

dorimanx when you have any new information about what software are you using (rom/kernel/what else) with the phone it would be great.
Wanna stay with software next to you for new tests ;)
For now with stock oxegen os 6.0.1 build 3.4.5 android 7 is beta with tons of bugs and no exposed support, so stay away for few months.

Did open the bootloader, will wipe your data and sd when you do!

Installed twrp 3.0.3 supersu stable, exposed 87 arm64
And viper4aries driver with app for sound.

So far all good.
Slowly building op3 source localy at my server, not much time now at work, many projects. But i do want to change some stuff, much to do...

Source is 3.18.x so its already quite advanced, need to top to 3.18.44 and add all security patches and oc, and freq controllers.

Op3 doesn't have any hotplug drivers.
Cores always online... Just go down to low freq when no load.

Data is f2fs by default! System/data are encrypted! This adds slowdowns.
Can be disabled by kernel mods.
Not sure if we have to wipe all when switching.

Thats all the major things to know.
Device is monster, i am really happy with its speed. Very good choice.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using XDA-Developers Legacy app

smartpr1v4t3

Jan 10, 2014
@dorimanx
Thanks for the information, without that i would gone to the latest version ;) As i read 4.0.2 should come out in the next days.
About the f2fs thing, i already read it would be a good idea to switch to ext4 because when the phone is full and you boot into twrp it can take 10 minutes to boot into.
Only one thing that bothers me crazy about the 3T is the camera.
I read in another forum, that the LG G2 creates better pictures? Do you compared the 2 devices in this matter?
I hate myself when i am waiting for a new device, i am a completely wrack and read every information i find^^

dorimanx

Feb 20, 2010
TERA Prime.
www.dorimanx.com
@dorimanx
Thanks for the information, without that i would gone to the latest version ;) As i read 4.0.2 should come out in the next days.
About the f2fs thing, i already read it would be a good idea to switch to ext4 because when the phone is full and you boot into twrp it can take 10 minutes to boot into.
Only one thing that bothers me crazy about the 3T is the camera.
I read in another forum, that the LG G2 creates better pictures? Do you compared the 2 devices in this matter?
I hate myself when i am waiting for a new device, i am a completely wrack and read every information i find^^
The twrp is true, i have 14gb free from 56, and i wait about a minute! Not 10 its not that much, when its will be full i will wait for 2. Wow... Its will be fixed with driver updates later.

About camera, lg make better picks. Its has 2 cameras with better hardware.
All the rest its cant be even compared with op3t.

Maybe v30 or other new model will be equal.

smartpr1v4t3

Jan 10, 2014
@dorimanx another question about your maybe new kernel ;)
Do you know with what rom you will start to develope?

About camera, i think there are much improvement in software optimization, maybe a developer can do something
The raw pcitures are quite really good

dorimanx

Feb 20, 2010
TERA Prime.
www.dorimanx.com
@dorimanx another question about your maybe new kernel ;)
Do you know with what rom you will start to develope?

About camera, i think there are much improvement in software optimization, maybe a developer can do something
The raw pcitures are quite really good
Rom? I dont do roms.
I will work only with stock rom. No cm or any other self broken mods.

Reactions: smartpr1v4t3

namitutonka

Jan 3, 2014
Denver
thoronodor.tripod.com
Which is the best rom to use with this kernel right now? Im on cloudy over one year...
Thanks in advance!!!

Best ROM for LG G2 d800 for me has been "d80030b Stripped Lollipop" from @blastagator His thread is here. Kernel-Dorimanx-V9.6-LP-[13-21]-[24-03]-LG-D800-PWR-CORE.zip worked better for me than ver 9.8 or ver. 10.0, and this v9.6 Dorimanx kernel also worked well with CloudyG2 3.3. I also used @cryptyk's Amplify - Battery Extender, which is an Xposed module. I liked the excellent Cloudy G2 3.3 ROM and the wonderful Dorimanx 9.6 kernel. But I have finally switched to blastagator's d800 Stripped Lollipop ROM with @kairi_zeroblade's Xceed kernel, D800-LP-prod-bld14-wpr.zip. This earlier Xceed kernel works better than later builds for the LG G2. kairi_zeroblade's thread is here.

The reason I changed ROM and kernel is that I get fantastic 2-day battery life with exceptional stability. P.S. I do not use Greenify with Amplify, only Amplify. Also blastagator's ROM has built-in BusyBox, installing the latest BusyBox is useless. I used Cloudy2 3.3 and Dorimanx when I wanted text to speech. The d80030b Stripped Lollipop ROM does not support TTS.

Don't let this dissuade anyone from using the Dorimanx kernel. It is a superb kernel, which I loved using! :)

I've got a TWRP backup where I used xposed v85 then xposedInstaller_3.0_alpha4, but I suppose anyone could use later exposed versions. Here is how I flashed my LG G2:
1. Flash ROM-d80030b-stripped-v1.1-blastagator.zip
2. Flash Kernel-Dorimanx-V9.6-LP-[13-21]-[24-03]-LG-D800-PWR-CORE.zip
OR
2. Flash D800-LP-prod-bld14-wpr.zip, the Xceed kernel.
3. Flash xposed-v85-sdk21.arm.zip
OR
3. Flash xposed-v87-sdk21.arm.zip
============================
After boot and configuration:
Install
XposedInstaller_3.0_alpha4.apk

Last edited:

dorimanx

Feb 20, 2010
TERA Prime.
www.dorimanx.com
Best ROM for LG G2 d800 for me has been "d80030b Stripped Lollipop" from @blastagator His thread is here. Kernel-Dorimanx-V9.6-LP-[13-21]-[24-03]-LG-D800-PWR-CORE.zip worked better for me than ver 9.8 or ver. 10.0, and this v9.6 Dorimanx kernel also worked well with CloudyG2 3.3. I also used @cryptyk's Amplify - Battery Extender, which is an Xposed module. I liked the excellent Cloudy G2 3.3 ROM and the wonderful Dorimanx 9.6 kernel. But I have finally switched to blastagator's d800 Stripped Lollipop ROM with @kairi_zeroblade's Xceed kernel, D800-LP-prod-bld14-wpr.zip. This earlier Xceed kernel works better than later builds for the LG G2. kairi_zeroblade's thread is here.

The reason I changed ROM and kernel is that I get fantastic 2-day battery life with exceptional stability. P.S. I do not use Greenify with Amplify, only Amplify. Also blastagator's ROM has built-in BusyBox, installing the latest BusyBox is useless. I used Cloudy2 3.3 and Dorimanx when I wanted text to speech. The d80030b Stripped Lollipop ROM does not support TTS.

Don't let this dissuade anyone from using the Dorimanx kernel. It is a superb kernel, which I loved using! :)

I've got a TWRP backup where I used xposed v85 then xposedInstaller_3.0_alpha4, but I suppose anyone could use later exposed versions. Here is how I flashed my LG G2:
1. Flash ROM-d80030b-stripped-v1.1-blastagator.zip
2. Flash Kernel-Dorimanx-V9.6-LP-[13-21]-[24-03]-LG-D800-PWR-CORE.zip
OR
2. Flash D800-LP-prod-bld14-wpr.zip, the Xceed kernel.
3. Flash xposed-v85-sdk21.arm.zip
OR
3. Flash xposed-v87-sdk21.arm.zip
============================
After boot and configuration:
Install
XposedInstaller_3.0_alpha4.apk
OR XposedInstaller_3.1.1.apk
Any reason you post this here?
Offer that in other kernel thread, and say thanks to other kernel dev.

namitutonka

Jan 3, 2014
Denver
thoronodor.tripod.com
Any reason you post this here?
Offer that in other kernel thread, and say thanks to other kernel dev.

Yes, the reason I posted was to answer @nidzaaaa's post. Using several of your very excellent kernels, I found the best Dorimanx kernel that worked with my LG G2 was version 9.6 to be used with the best ROM I had found, which happened to be @blastagator's.

I have thanked you and all the developers mentioned, in the end saying what finally worked best for my phone. The Xceed kernel has absolutely none of the multitude of user tweaks that you have built into the Dorimanx kernel. Your kernel is truly amazing.

We're a community helping each other, and I thank you again for your extensive work.

terragady

Dec 19, 2011
Oslo
Do I need to be on root all the time in order to use a Kernel? Or I can set everything in Dorimanx app and remove root? I need to use apps that do not run with root enabled unfortunately. Can I just untick Enable Superuser in SuperSU app? And if in need I can switch it again? Or i have to completely deinstall and unroot device?

dorimanx

Feb 20, 2010
TERA Prime.
www.dorimanx.com
Do I need to be on root all the time in order to use a Kernel? Or I can set everything in Dorimanx app and remove root? I need to use apps that do not run with root enabled unfortunately. Can I just untick Enable Superuser in SuperSU app? And if in need I can switch it again? Or i have to completely deinstall and unroot device?
Kernel run with system root privleges.
Root is needed only for the app to run and change already set config.

So you can tune the profile. Save it.

Then unroot in supersu to "disable" root.
Use your apps, and when you need to control kernel enable root again.

michi491

Apr 4, 2008
Paris
Hello, I'm back with a fully functional install of dori v12 version.

One question about incall speaker gain (wich is so loooooooww on my rom stock 30f rooted flashed from twrp):
Nearly all gain settings seems to work properly exept fo the incall setting ...even after 3 sec of screen off. (-6 or +6 sound is the same)

Do I miss something ? (Cortexbrain is up and running for all tweaks, I have restarted my phone and I have unchecked mount name space separation in supersu settings for titanium backup to work properly)
Or maybe you can explain me how to tweak mixer_path.xml for increasing the incall volume ?

Edit : after doing some research on the forum, I manage to increase incall volume but using heaphones volume instead of incall speaker gain ...dunno why it works.

But here is a strange thing : when I set a gain for headphones, headphone gain will switch to incall gain after 10 sec of screen off.
Exemple : if I use +10 for my headphones, I'll get +10 for my incall volume but 10 sec after screen off, gain switches to +6 if incall gain is set to +6.

For now, I use faux sound which bypass incall gain and keep my heaphones gain for increasing volume of earpiece during my calls.
I tried to tweak mixer_path.xml but I didn't know what to change....

Last edited:

michi491

Apr 4, 2008
Paris
Hello, I'm back with a fully functional install of dori v12 version.

One question about incall speaker gain (wich is so loooooooww on my rom stock 30f rooted flashed from twrp):
Nearly all gain settings seems to work properly exept fo the incall setting ...even after 3 sec of screen off. (-6 or +6 sound is the same)

Do I miss something ? (Cortexbrain is up and running for all tweaks, I have restarted my phone and I have unchecked mount name space separation in supersu settings for titanium backup to work properly)
Or maybe you can explain me how to tweak mixer_path.xml for increasing the incall volume ?

Edit : after doing some research on the forum, I manage to increase incall volume but using heaphones volume instead of incall speaker gain ...dunno why it works.

But here is a strange thing : when I set a gain for headphones, headphone gain will switch to incall gain after 10 sec of screen off.
Exemple : if I use +10 for my headphones, I'll get +10 for my incall volume but 10 sec after screen off, gain switches to +6 if incall gain is set to +6.

For now, I use faux sound which bypass incall gain and keep my heaphones gain for increasing volume of earpiece during my calls.
I tried to tweak mixer_path.xml but I didn't know what to change....

Well, installed faux sound app and it's perfectly working....don't know what's the difference but it works...
@dorimanx maybe you can explain me or fix this bug ?

Jun 26, 2015
Hi,i have a charger that can charge up to 2.4. if i set fast charge manual over 1600,like 1800 and so on, there will be some problem in future with battery? If not why it is not default maximum charge ?

Inviato dal mio LG-D802 utilizzando Tapatalk

dorimanx

Feb 20, 2010
TERA Prime.
www.dorimanx.com
Hi,i have a charger that can charge up to 2.4. if i set fast charge manual over 1600,like 1800 and so on, there will be some problem in future with battery? If not why it is not default maximum charge ?

Inviato dal mio LG-D802 utilizzando Tapatalk
Hardware allow 1600, and if set more than there will be spikes to 1800.

If you connect 5000ma charger, its will not charge in that rate.
So if you want to get extra minutes cut from charge time, set 1800. But for battery health best to use max allowed.

This feature made to allow max charge with any charger and with low end cables.
Otherwise kernel will charge in low ma and you will have to buy oem charger and good thick vines cable.

Reactions: khanjui

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Today is my birthday :) got old by one more year, 34 and 6 years with xda!
    Happy 2016 to all! Lets be here for one more year, help people and find and develop great stuff :)
    Yeah always the same, you need nobody and all who got a problem can move to an other thread.
    I hoped my opinion is worth that I don't need a answer like that.

I don't search for a 100% stabil build, I only want a kernel that reaches 2 days without imei lost, stucking, reboots lost settings or something... A kernel that allows to use my phone.
    And if I flash it, because I want and I got problems with it..... I'M not allowed to post it, because it's my fault that the bugs exist, because I'm a noob! That's the way you go. Nice Dorimanx.

Your all with brain pls use it, you all know what I want to say and what I'm talking about.

All I want is a friendly and better conversation as before.

That's enough for me. I don't spam this thread anymore.

when i am asking for logs, and getting nothing, i cant do anything.
    when people report that they have reboot or lost imei and nothing for me! no logs no info, not even model number.
    what i should do??? i will tell you what.

send noobs to STOCK. i have no more power to fight that war. i am here to share my work, that i use for me.
    not work for you? so you send me logs! good, and i didnt found the solution RIGHT NOW!
    you didnt paid for it. so no harm done right?!
    then you leave and spam my thread.
    no need. thanks.

i will find solution in more 3 builds. i have time. no rush. no dead lines. free kernel for free minds.
    others should use stock! you PAID FOR IT! a lot!, or buy iphone.

simple as that.
    Isnt it funny how everyone in this thread blames ROM/apps/user based things when reboots and freezes dont happen on stock kernel?
    I dont mean any disrespect but take a look at the other kernel and rom threads - 90% of reports happen with dorimanx kernel.
    No disrespect just stating the obvious.

Sent from my LG-D802

Most of those reports are from people who don't take the time to read and figure out what features are currently bugged...i have had 0 reboots on last three versions and i use my own settings not recommended settings...i know what works because I read bug reports and steer clear of faulty settings...90% of those reports can be blamed on the user...the rest can be attributed to the fact that this kernel is still in early stages of development...reboots are to be expected and are fixed as causes are found...and no disrespect but your comment did seem extremely disrespectful
    Dear dorimanx

Just wanted to say you're an amazing man. Kernel 8.9 works great, the git is looking rather empty which makes sense since this kernel is already amazing!

I was just wondering, maybe you could shift your focus on to the camera drivers, I mean the camera is good but the saturation & contrast levels are a little to low.... I don't even know if that's something that is something you could help the g2 improve upon through your kernel :)

Have a great evening and week you deserve it !!!

---------- Post added at 02:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 AM ----------

I wonder how fast this kernel is going to be at version 10.0 and what new features it will have :)

Any planned adaptations of higher kernel numbers or new features you would like to implement in the future ? @dorimanx

Thank you for your time and this rocking kernel !!!

Well git is 100 commits more now :)

About camera, i dont think i can change the sensor capture color.
    And if its possible, i have no knowledge on how camera actually works.
    Kernel is huge, its like ocean of code.
    I understand common Kernel code as cpu and ram, and other stuff like govs and i/o and net... i cant say that i am an expert... just a student :)

More code fixes are waiting for me to be merged any time. 4.x.x branch growing every day with massive amount of changes and new stuff.

But we cant use any of it, just try merge from our point in code to best close possible point in 3.10.y or maybe max 3.16.y any higher is impossible...
    i don't know how high the cpu goes regarding to temperature (i never monitor that) - but i've set the limit to -1° of default dorimanx' setting...

not that i do any excessive stuff with the device to heat it up though (i only feel slight increase of temperature under my f ingers with watching youtube or video in browser/feedly...)

Next build will reduce power usage in big time.
    Also bring more stability.
    Works great for me 2 days now.

Sent from my LG-D802