• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

DOSBox for WP/W10M

Search This thread

sensboston

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2009
Boston, MA
Sorry for the repost, guys but just in case if someone who's not reading old, outdated WP8 forums I want to introduce a DOSBox app for windows phones: http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-phone-8/apps-games/free-app-dosbox-emulator-t3396177

In general, having working DOSBox on your WP (and have ability to run Windows 3.11, 95 or 98 on your handset) is still a very good hack, same as a WPTweaker app :)

I can provide a free code for XDA members who meet some requirements:
  • your xda account must be at least 2 years old mature;
  • you should post store link to the app with your good comments on your FB or other social network;
  • you must rate app "5 stars" at the store;
Just mark: messages from brand new accounts will be ignored.

WBR, SeNS

P.S. If you find this post inappropriate for this forum, don't afraid, pls send a report to the mods - no problems at all! ;)

Last edited:

ap3rus

May 8, 2010
Saint-Petersburg
Looks awesome! Would be great if this was a UWP app with Continuum support, running Windows 95 on external monitor would be absolutely fantastic, are there any plans on that?

sensboston

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2009
Boston, MA
@ap3rus, app support forums located here and here; better to ask your questions in the specific forum...

As for big screen projection, you don't need Continuum at all - just change external monitor mode to the "screen mirroring" mode (can't remember, how it called exactly - I sold my Miracast adapter because of complete uselessness) in the Continuum settings.

Aries Prine

Oct 18, 2016
download, rename file to .appx, put file on phone and install with File Explorer (just run file)

I installed. But it crashes. Help me

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

It crashes on device lumia 430. Help me

Baenwort

Mar 31, 2008
So at what percent of W10M users will you be willing to support continuum mode? It really helps with travel setups where you are using a hotel TV and just the phone. It would be great to have the phone be a large keyboard with touchpad area due to all the display on the TV.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry for the repost, guys but just in case if someone who's not reading old, outdated WP8 forums I want to introduce a DOSBox app for windows phones: http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-phone-8/apps-games/free-app-dosbox-emulator-t3396177

In general, having working DOSBox on your WP (and have ability to run Windows 3.11, 95 or 98 on your handset) is still a very good hack, same as a WPTweaker app :)

I can provide a free code for XDA members who meet some requirements:
    • your xda account must be at least 2 years old mature;
    • you should post store link to the app with your good comments on your FB or other social network;
    • you must rate app "5 stars" at the store;
    Just mark: messages from brand new accounts will be ignored.

WBR, SeNS

P.S. If you find this post inappropriate for this forum, don't afraid, pls send a report to the mods - no problems at all! ;)
    @sensboston yes fixed, now works fine.
    OK, guys please try sideload version 2.0.5 on CU; I believe (and hope) that "Enter" issue is solved by this release.

Please report how it goes, OK? Thanks!
    DOSBox got (finally, after seven tries!) a major update to version 2.0.1

There are two very important features in this version:
    - DOSBox become W10M UWP app (it was WP8.1 UWP before this update)
    - now you can avoid files synchronization by placing DOSBox home folder on the sd-card!

I strongly recommend to uninstall and reinstall app, to get rid from stored files on the app's local storage.

Other features added (but most for the paid version only):
    - basic and extended Continuum support
    - Xbox controllers support (tested with Xbox 360 & Xbox One controllers)
    - extended support of MOGA controllers (tested with MOGA Boost but now should work with any MOGA BT controller)

Next week (starting this Sunday) app will be on sale, so hurry up! Also, please re-rate this version again even if you rated before (this is also important).
    When i using interop tools install. Failed. Help me

download, rename file to .appx, put file on phone and install with File Explorer (just run file)