• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

DOSBox for WP/W10M

Search This thread

dxdy

Apr 17, 2008
www.red-gsm.net
Nokia Lumia 920
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
today people is ungrateful and not think how many effort, time and work needed for make something. internet and google spoiled many. i remember times 20 years ago when tried to learn how to make electronic device for programming smartcards. at end i found one guy who teach me all but for price. my 2 month salaries! knowledge costs but today with internet is worthless. almost every electronic schematic can found on internet for free or very cheap... people not respect knowledge because all get for free

Reactions: perrsona1234

sensboston

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2009
Boston, MA
Resuming: it's looks like stupid idiots from Necrosoft completely disabled std file i/o on sd-card from the apps installed from store so "we are doomed" :( This night I'll send a new update to the store to disable that perfect feature :(

But of course you and all valued xda-dev members are free to use sideloaded version! I'm working especially for the people, not just for money and my goal to make people happy.

The only thing I would ask: please leave a good 5 stars feedback (even if you've done before) for this version, I spent about 3 weeks of my life to implement all these new features...

Last edited:
Reactions: dxdy

sensboston

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2009
Boston, MA
As for non-working [RETURN] key from the standard SIP keyboard: there is NO SCAN CODE received, even CoreWindow->CharacterReceived() event fired on pressing return key on the Insider Slow build 15063.2 - my apps received NOTHING :(

I don't know how to work with that bugs, sorry, guys! Damn copypasters from M$ with their new and old bugs make it impossible :(

Last edited:

pdedinski

Mar 26, 2017
After the official creator's update, my enter key on my Lumia 650 stopped working too.. However what I notice is that the input keyboard is a bit changed.. it has the look of the keyboard when I am entering a domain name in EDGE (having keys like .com and similar) with the enter key looking like the GO button (arrow pointing right), and not like the usual typing keyboard where the 'Enter' key is the usual enter symbol with the arrow going down and left :)

Reactions: Swordfishx86

sensboston

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2009
Boston, MA
OK, I've changed input scope to "AlphanumericFullWidth" and submitted update to the store. Will see how it goes. I'll make sideload available soon (for guys who wants sd-card direct access) here.
I'm unsure that this will fix the issue but I have no way to test - my handsets still not getting CU (I'm on AT&T in US. Most L-950 in Russia, for example, are already got this "CU" - "creators, duh" ) :(
@Swordfishx86, JFYI: basically I don't support betas from MS, everything is worked fine on the release at the moment of publishing.

Also, I checked that change on L-550 (with preview release 10.0.15063.138) - same **** happened, no scan code received on Enter tap :(

So how about to blame MS instead of me? ;)

sensboston

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2009
Boston, MA
OK, guys please try sideload version 2.0.5 on CU; I believe (and hope) that "Enter" issue is solved by this release.

Please report how it goes, OK? Thanks!

Attachments

• DosBox_2.0.5.0_arm.appxbundle.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 177
  • Dependencies.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 153
Reactions: titi66200 and dxdy

sensboston

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2009
Boston, MA
Hey, @dxdy, thanks for testing and letting me know! I'm glad that issue is resolved now.
@titi66200, ':' works for me as well as before (at least on L-550, just tested). Maybe, you've switched to the non-US keyboard layout?

titi66200

Jun 2, 2009
PERPIGNAN
My 950 XL is configured for french user (french keyboard)

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

Added US keyboard and works. No way for other keyboard?

sensboston

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2009
Boston, MA
@titi66200, you may try to add to the autoexec section of dosbox.conf something like
MODE CON CODEPAGE PREPARE=((850) C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\EGA.CPI)
MODE CON CODEPAGE SELECT=850
KEYB BE,,C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\KEYBOARD.SYS
but I'm unsure...

I'll check ability to detect and properly translate keyboard layouts in UWP later and if possible, to implement a fix. Stay tuned ;)

Last edited:

titi66200

Jun 2, 2009
PERPIGNAN
Thanks.

On my 950 XL Win 10 store says application bought.
But cant install on my 830 win 8.1 because store says buy the application.
You know why?

sensboston

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2009
Boston, MA
next time you listen to me in the first place, agreed? ;)

Listen to what??? Have you read what I replied to you? I tested previous version on the official release before submitting to the store and EVERYTHING WORKED FINE on the latest official release. My handsets are NOT RECEIVED CU update. And I do NOT support betas at all.

sensboston

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2009
Boston, MA
[UPDATE] I hope, I've fixed issue with non-US keyboard layouts, new update 2.0.6 is on the way to the store.

Sideload version is here. @titi66200, could you please test it? Thanks!

Attachments

• DosBox_2.0.6.0_arm.appxbundle.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 346

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry for the repost, guys but just in case if someone who's not reading old, outdated WP8 forums I want to introduce a DOSBox app for windows phones: http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-phone-8/apps-games/free-app-dosbox-emulator-t3396177

In general, having working DOSBox on your WP (and have ability to run Windows 3.11, 95 or 98 on your handset) is still a very good hack, same as a WPTweaker app :)

I can provide a free code for XDA members who meet some requirements:
    • your xda account must be at least 2 years old mature;
    • you should post store link to the app with your good comments on your FB or other social network;
    • you must rate app "5 stars" at the store;
    Just mark: messages from brand new accounts will be ignored.

WBR, SeNS

P.S. If you find this post inappropriate for this forum, don't afraid, pls send a report to the mods - no problems at all! ;)
    @sensboston yes fixed, now works fine.
    OK, guys please try sideload version 2.0.5 on CU; I believe (and hope) that "Enter" issue is solved by this release.

Please report how it goes, OK? Thanks!
    DOSBox got (finally, after seven tries!) a major update to version 2.0.1

There are two very important features in this version:
    - DOSBox become W10M UWP app (it was WP8.1 UWP before this update)
    - now you can avoid files synchronization by placing DOSBox home folder on the sd-card!

I strongly recommend to uninstall and reinstall app, to get rid from stored files on the app's local storage.

Other features added (but most for the paid version only):
    - basic and extended Continuum support
    - Xbox controllers support (tested with Xbox 360 & Xbox One controllers)
    - extended support of MOGA controllers (tested with MOGA Boost but now should work with any MOGA BT controller)

Next week (starting this Sunday) app will be on sale, so hurry up! Also, please re-rate this version again even if you rated before (this is also important).
    When i using interop tools install. Failed. Help me

download, rename file to .appx, put file on phone and install with File Explorer (just run file)