• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

DOSBox for WP/W10M

Search This thread

Swordfishx86

Listen to what??? Have you read what I replied to you? I tested previous version on the official release before submitting to the store and EVERYTHING WORKED FINE on the latest official release. My handsets are NOT RECEIVED CU update. And I do NOT support betas at all.
i told you about the non functioning return key months ago. To let you know. And yes, i read what you replied. All i wanted you to know at that time was that it will probably not work on the final CU. What happened? It doesn't work on the final CU. All i was complaining about is exactly that: That the release you put in the store will probably be broken with CU. But all you told me was "i don't support insider builds" - well, thats why developers get early access to beta releases, to test client code against it. Just my two cents.

ps: peace, bro ;)
pps: return key works like a charm now @15208.0

Last edited:

sensboston

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2009
Boston, MA
@Swordfishx86, from my experience, sometimes official release doesn't have bugs and issues that preview builds has. In that particular case, ms for some unknown reasons changed behavior of the property "AcceptReturns" for input controls (TextBlock).

I completely don't like an idea to test a new buggy code on the customers, it's such a bad practice. Testing (by professional manner) is a job for well trained QA stuff and if you wanna to have a good product, you must invest money to QA. But damn M$ do many things by their own stupid way :(

Reactions: titi66200

Swordfishx86

I completely don't like an idea to test a new buggy code on the customers, it's such a bad practice.
Well, thats the way Microsoft does its business. It is your decision what platform you play on. My guts told me months ago ;)

i remember times when "this is preliminary information and subject to change" was like everywhere in the msdn.

Last edited:

pdedinski

Mar 26, 2017
I for one being a customer (and doing software development for living) don't mind testing products I like and support, and won't complain about products still in development/bugfixing not working completely fine and this particular software is something i use for fun, so no big deal if something is broken here and there in the process. The latest side-load version provided seems like it has the enter key working fine, and the keyboard seems to be the regular typing on. It's the sync-folder version. :)

Last edited:

bahadirkhan

Feb 25, 2009
I tried this on an Xbox One on Dev Mode.
However I got an error message stating that this has an ARM architecture. But xbox one needs an x64 architecture.
Can you compile the file in the required format as well?
You are gonna make millions of people's day, believe me..

sensboston

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2009
Boston, MA
I tried this on an Xbox One on Dev Mode.
However I got an error message stating that this has an ARM architecture. But xbox one needs an x64 architecture.
Can you compile the file in the required format as well?
You are gonna make millions of people's day, believe me..

Hmm, there are few tricky issues on that: first, there are some technical difficulties building for x64 platform (especially SDL library port) but second is much more important: Microsoft (I'm 99% sure) will block and pull out my app from the store after that.
So I don't want to risk.

Reactions: bahadirkhan

bahadirkhan

Feb 25, 2009
Hmm, there are few tricky issues on that: first, there are some technical difficulties building for x64 platform (especially SDL library port) but second is much more important: Microsoft (I'm 99% sure) will block and pull out my app from the store after that.
So I don't want to risk.

I am not gonna publish it on anywhere, I am not an internet troll or smtg. I am gonna use it in my xbox, and I am gonna report you the results. I already use several emulators with my xbox. You can see the other emulator apps in this page. Microsoft never bothered me for a month for the apps.

Please help me with this case..

link: https://gbatemp.net/forums/xbox-one-tutorials.262/

I even guess one of them is yours. (vb10) :)

sensboston

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2009
Boston, MA
@bahadirkhan, it's not about you but your sentence "You are gonna make millions of people's day, believe me..". To get millions (or thousands at least) customers, app should be published and available for download without any tricks.

Probably, you remember what's happened with UWP VBA10 emulator published for Xbox One...

P.S. OK, I'll try to make x64 build and send appx to you, please provide me your email in PM. BTW, I don't have actual Xbox One console and can't test it (hope, MS released an emulator for this, will check).

Reactions: bahadirkhan

bahadirkhan

Feb 25, 2009
@bahadirkhan, it's not about you but your sentence "You are gonna make millions of people's day, believe me..". To get millions (or thousands at least) customers, app should be published and available for download without any tricks.

Probably, you remember what's happened with UWP VBA10 emulator published for Xbox One...

P.S. OK, I'll try to make x64 build and send appx to you, please provide me your email in PM. BTW, I don't have actual Xbox One console and can't test it (hope, MS released an emulator for this, will check).

Believe me it is not gonna end up in gba or in any other place. I said millions since I didnt know the situation about the app.

and, MS cannot release an app for this since I am using the dev mode. It is new and It doesnot allow the store. So; when you go in dev mode in xbox one as I did, you cannot use normal store apps. You always have to use your own cooked apps.
And thanks for everything.

sensboston

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2009
Boston, MA
@pdedinski, it suppose to (I believe so) however I can not guarantee (I do have some conditional defines in code, not a runtime detection so I can made a mistake).
So, could you test this version and tell me how it goes?

P.S. BTW, if you don't have issues with on-screen keyboard, you can still use previous version (100% working directly with sd-card).

scrompie

Dec 30, 2021
Is the source still available? I purchased this from the windows store, would like to get it working on hololens. Thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry for the repost, guys but just in case if someone who's not reading old, outdated WP8 forums I want to introduce a DOSBox app for windows phones: http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-phone-8/apps-games/free-app-dosbox-emulator-t3396177

In general, having working DOSBox on your WP (and have ability to run Windows 3.11, 95 or 98 on your handset) is still a very good hack, same as a WPTweaker app :)

I can provide a free code for XDA members who meet some requirements:
    • your xda account must be at least 2 years old mature;
    • you should post store link to the app with your good comments on your FB or other social network;
    • you must rate app "5 stars" at the store;
    Just mark: messages from brand new accounts will be ignored.

WBR, SeNS

P.S. If you find this post inappropriate for this forum, don't afraid, pls send a report to the mods - no problems at all! ;)
    @sensboston yes fixed, now works fine.
    OK, guys please try sideload version 2.0.5 on CU; I believe (and hope) that "Enter" issue is solved by this release.

Please report how it goes, OK? Thanks!
    DOSBox got (finally, after seven tries!) a major update to version 2.0.1

There are two very important features in this version:
    - DOSBox become W10M UWP app (it was WP8.1 UWP before this update)
    - now you can avoid files synchronization by placing DOSBox home folder on the sd-card!

I strongly recommend to uninstall and reinstall app, to get rid from stored files on the app's local storage.

Other features added (but most for the paid version only):
    - basic and extended Continuum support
    - Xbox controllers support (tested with Xbox 360 & Xbox One controllers)
    - extended support of MOGA controllers (tested with MOGA Boost but now should work with any MOGA BT controller)

Next week (starting this Sunday) app will be on sale, so hurry up! Also, please re-rate this version again even if you rated before (this is also important).
    When i using interop tools install. Failed. Help me

download, rename file to .appx, put file on phone and install with File Explorer (just run file)