• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Double calendar notification

Search This thread

dschachm

Sep 24, 2008
I am receiving double notifications on my watch now for calendar reminders. I used Business Calendar on my watch and before Tizen 3 I only received those notifications on my watch. When I would clear on my watch, it would clear on my phone. Now after the update, I still get those notifications but I also get a notification from my watch calendar. Anyone know how to disable that notification or delete the stock calendar app on the gear? I tried doing both but there are no settings that I found on the watch or in the calendar app and I don't see anything in the gear app.

rushn69

Dec 5, 2017
Me three :)

Frustrating...

I receive a notification for my Google calendar events from my S8 + a second Gear calendar notification. I've checked the notification app settings in Gear Manager and only Google calendar is active.

The Gear calendar notification has a different notification sound than I have set for my default notifications, which is doubly weird.

orb2k

Aug 4, 2011
Montreal
I am receiving double notifications on my watch now for calendar reminders. I used Business Calendar on my watch and before Tizen 3 I only received those notifications on my watch. When I would clear on my watch, it would clear on my phone. Now after the update, I still get those notifications but I also get a notification from my watch calendar. Anyone know how to disable that notification or delete the stock calendar app on the gear? I tried doing both but there are no settings that I found on the watch or in the calendar app and I don't see anything in the gear app.

i'm in the same boat. Did you find a fix?

Techno gear

Feb 1, 2019
I think I found the solution. Hidden in the notifications settings on the Galaxy Wear app, turn off the "Schedule" notifications for your watch. This fixed my double calendar notifications, now I only receive Google Calendar notifications!