Question Double Tap to screen On/Off

Search This thread

ijuanp03

Mar 26, 2010
I have been looking for this setting for almost 10mins but I didn't find it anymore, but I'm sure it was there in the older OS version, my screen is still able to be turn on/off with double tap.

Here.

Go to Settings > Gesture shortcuts > Jump to lock screen

Toggle on and the phone will ask you whether you double tap to go directly to lockscreen (NOT peek display) or the usual peek display.

Go to Settings > Gesture shortcuts > Put display to sleep

Toggle on to enable.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221021-011531.png
    Screenshot_20221021-011531.png
    76.7 KB · Views: 110
  • Screenshot_20221021-011152.png
    Screenshot_20221021-011152.png
    104.2 KB · Views: 110

memocatcher

Dec 22, 2013
Here.

Go to Settings > Gesture shortcuts > Jump to lock screen

Toggle on and the phone will ask you whether you double tap to go directly to lockscreen (NOT peek display) or the usual peek display.

Go to Settings > Gesture shortcuts > Put display to sleep

Toggle on to enable.
It's been removed in the latest update. At least for EU devices.

I've the stock X30 Pro version. I can tell you some menu translation is all over the place. The "Jump To the Lock Screen" originally translated as "Double Tap" in the simplified Chinese language.

Under Display-> Peek Display, toggle the switch on and off, the phone will ask you to show fingerprint sensor or not. If you choose No, double tap WILL NOT WORK even if "Jump to lock screen" is on. It's surely a bug or something. Anyway a single tap always wakes up the screen and show "peek display" screen or "fingerprint sensor" icon, depends on what you chose before. Double tap when the screen is off will skip the "peek display" and goes into lock screen. AFAIK there's no true double tap to screen on so far......

ijuanp03

Mar 26, 2010
I've the stock X30 Pro version. I can tell you some menu translation is all over the place. The "Jump To the Lock Screen" originally translated as "Double Tap" in the simplified Chinese language.

Under Display-> Peek Display, toggle the switch on and off, the phone will ask you to show fingerprint sensor or not. If you choose No, double tap WILL NOT WORK even if "Jump to lock screen" is on. It's surely a bug or something. Anyway a single tap always wakes up the screen and show "peek display" screen or "fingerprint sensor" icon, depends on what you chose before. Double tap when the screen is off will skip the "peek display" and goes into lock screen. AFAIK there's no true double tap to screen on so far......

Yeah, so the only way to turn on double tap to lockscreen is to enable Peek Display.

The behavior of the phone will be like this-

1. Single tap to peek display AND
2. Double tap to lock screen

It cannot be OR.

Also, once you turned on Jump to Lockscreen, you can NOT turn on "move phone to show peek display"

This is not a bug as the logic behind this is the phone's peek display will ALWAYS turn on once you moved the phone. Hence, impossible to double tap to lockscreen (you CANNOT double tap from peek display to go to the lockscreen).

Reactions: haxjax9

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys,

Is it possible to enable double tap to turn screen on and off on motorola edge 30 ultra?

Thanks so much !
    Single tap only, double tap is omitted due to the in- screen fingerprint sensor, so as soon as u touch the screen, the screen comes alive (which is done in order to make fp-unlocking faster)

Yeah, so the only way to turn on double tap to lockscreen is to enable Peek Display.

The behavior of the phone will be like this-

1. Single tap to peek display AND
    2. Double tap to lock screen

It cannot be OR.

Also, once you turned on Jump to Lockscreen, you can NOT turn on "move phone to show peek display"

This is not a bug as the logic behind this is the phone's peek display will ALWAYS turn on once you moved the phone. Hence, impossible to double tap to lockscreen (you CANNOT double tap from peek display to go to the lockscreen).