Question Double tap to sleep isn't working.

Search This thread

Kinley7272

Apr 5, 2021
I think it's not meant to lock the screen, it's meant to wake the off-screen to Lock screen and opposite.
Or don't you write about the option in the ,AOD' menu of preferences?

brsbikes

Nov 13, 2013
Eger
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
LG G6
I think it's not meant to lock the screen, it's meant to wake the off-screen to Lock screen and opposite.
Or don't you write about the option in the ,AOD' menu of preferences?
Yes it's under the AOD menu. Maybe you are right, the double tap works on the lock screen both ways. Coming from an LG phone and so used to double tap to lock I do it automatically and missing it.
Thank You

ushgaga

May 1, 2011
Not for the homescreen, just the lockscreen. Maybe xiaomi devs will implement in the future who knows.

patangpecotot

Feb 19, 2015
if you use another launcher it work perfect both wake and sleep (olauncher, lawnchair,... etc). double tap to turn off screen only work on lockscren and it is happen on all xiami device i think. alternately you can set shortcut on navigation bar by long press on home/menu/back button to turn off screen.
Go to setting-Home screen-system navigation-Button shortcuts

hafeez2704

Account currently disabled
May 6, 2021
this was a major issue for me with miui......

so I made a cool trick.

download one tap lock software from play store, then from gestures option of your launcher ( i am using smart Launcher, you may use nova or whatever you want) , select double tap > open app > one tap lock ( the one we downloaded earlier).........

now you will not feel this issue anymore and this is a bypass for this bug.......

mite_jan

Aug 24, 2011
Macedonia
double tap to lock doesnt work on stock launcher well it works from lockscreen , thats the reason i switched to different launcher but lost the gestures which were pretty cool full screen

blah258

Jul 28, 2021
When I use a launcher, the double-tap to lock works, but the navigation gesture doesn't.
Does anybody else have this problem too?
I have a redmi note 10.
MIUI 12
Android 11.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    if you use another launcher it work perfect both wake and sleep (olauncher, lawnchair,... etc). double tap to turn off screen only work on lockscren and it is happen on all xiami device i think. alternately you can set shortcut on navigation bar by long press on home/menu/back button to turn off screen.
    Go to setting-Home screen-system navigation-Button shortcuts
    It works only on lockscreen not on homescreen. You can add lockscreen widget on your homescreen.
    i´m on latest xiaomi.eu build don´t face any issues ;)
    If you want t2s on your homescreen. Just install poco launcher
    None of the above worked for me on MIUI global 12.5.3, BUT in quick settings (or whatever the name is) that you pull from the top of the screen, there is a tile named (guessed it?) "Lock Screen", whose icon is, obviously, a padlock. You reorder the tiles to make it visible at the first down-swipe, you tap on it and presto!! Your screen is locked, and ready to be awaken by the infamous double-tap.
    IMG_20211001_222043.jpg