double tap to wake - need help from pro's ;)

Search This thread

MultiCulti

Jul 28, 2010
Wien
Hello friends,

i really miss the dtw feature, as the fp is on the back!

I just searched a bit arround and found few "steps".. as i already knewed from mate 8...

so at least, i got the feature showed up in settings, motion control ...

but the bad side ... i can now enable it, but its not working :crying:

what i did:

added the line in build.prop:

ro.config.hw_easywakeup=true

and changed the "value=0" to "value=1" in
system/emui/base/xml/hw_easywakeupmotion_config.xml

the line <EasyWakeupMotion name="Double_Touch" support="1" value="0" flag="0" keycode="131">

Maybe someone has an idea

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-10-11-19-14-33.png
    Screenshot_2016-10-11-19-14-33.png
    71.5 KB · Views: 569
  • Screenshot_2016-10-11-19-14-27.png
    Screenshot_2016-10-11-19-14-27.png
    156.7 KB · Views: 571

djyoshii

Apr 24, 2010
Would be interested in this too. Had a quick play around with build.prop using similar instructions, but couldn't even get the option to appear in my Settings.

TGUY25

Nov 8, 2014
I miss this too. I also missed the "always on display" of my note 7 (bought the P9 Plus to replace my note 7 dual SIM). I discovered the app "glance plus" which, in addition to being a great always on alternative (you can even pick "note 7" as the format so the always on screen pretty much matches the note 7) also provides you with double-tap to wake.

I was really enamored by my note 7 and was heartbroken to give it up. I bought the P9 Plus on a recent trip to Singapore because I needed the dual SIMs and the form factor was similar. It took a bit of fiddling around though between using the Nova Plus launcher, Marshmallow Multilauncher Theme, glance plus and fiddling around with the settings, I've been pretty much able to replicate the note 7 experience.

Very happy with the P9 plus - good battery life and, even though the screen res is only HD, it's AMOLED and looks great.

Last edited:

austriker27

Feb 2, 2010
I miss this too. I also missed the "always on display" of my note 7 (bought the P9 Plus to replace my note 7 dual SIM). I discovered the app "glance plus" which, in addition to being a great always on alternative (you can even pick "note 7" as the format so the always on screen pretty much matches the note 7) also provides you with double-tap to wake.

I was really enamored by my note 7 and was heartbroken to give it up. I bought the P9 Plus on a recent trip to Singapore because I needed the dual SIMs and the form factor was similar. It took a bit of fiddling around though between using the Nova Plus launcher, Marshmallow Multilauncher Theme, glance plus and fiddling around with the settings, I've been pretty much able to replicate the note 7 experience.

Very happy with the P9 plus - good battery life and, even though the screen res is only HD, it's AMOLED and looks great.
Do you mind sharing what you did to customize the p9 and get it like your note 7 experience??