• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Double tap to wake screen feature missing on my Axon 30 5G

Search This thread

badfinger

Jun 19, 2011
My Axon 30 5G purchased here in the US does not have the double tap to wake screen feature, which is the feature I always look for when getting a new device. I dug deep into all settings since I got it the day it was released. I was hoping an update would put the feature on, but so far there is none and double tap to wake feature is still missing. My friend has the ULTRA variant and it has double tap to wake function right there on the settings screen.

Has anyone else have the double tap to wake screen feature on their Axon 30 5G or is it just mine missing it?

Please help me get the feature on. I'm just at a loss why Axon could have missed it on the Axon 30 5G when the feature is available and active on my friend's Axon 30 ULTRA. Is the omission deliberate on the part of Axon or the feature is just hidden deep in the OS.

Thank you for any help.

MaCk0y7

Nov 26, 2013
My Axon 30 5G purchased here in the US does not have the double tap to wake screen feature, which is the feature I always look for when getting a new device. I dug deep into all settings since I got it the day it was released. I was hoping an update would put the feature on, but so far there is none and double tap to wake feature is still missing. My friend has the ULTRA variant and it has double tap to wake function right there on the settings screen.

Has anyone else have the double tap to wake screen feature on their Axon 30 5G or is it just mine missing it?

Please help me get the feature on. I'm just at a loss why Axon could have missed it on the Axon 30 5G when the feature is available and active on my friend's Axon 30 ULTRA. Is the omission deliberate on the part of Axon or the feature is just hidden deep in the OS.

Thank you for any help.

It's in Settings - Features - Gesture & motion

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211202_171805.jpg
    Screenshot_20211202_171805.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 17

badfinger

Jun 19, 2011
Thank you for your response with the screenshot of Gesture & motion setting. Yes, I do have that same screen option on my Axon 30 5G, but the topmost "Double tap screen to wake" option is missing on my phone.

Your screenshot of that same setting is also verified present on my friend's Axon 30 ULTRA.

So now, I'm just wondering why it is available on your Axon 30 5G and also present on my friend's Axon 30 ULTRA but selectively missing on my Axon 30 5G.

I hope I find an answer to this mystery. Thank you for your reply though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211202_122227.jpg
    Screenshot_20211202_122227.jpg
    338.9 KB · Views: 14

MaCk0y7

Nov 26, 2013
Thank you for your response with the screenshot of Gesture & motion setting. Yes, I do have that same screen option on my Axon 30 5G, but the topmost "Double tap screen to wake" option is missing on my phone.

Your screenshot of that same setting is also verified present on my friend's Axon 30 ULTRA.

So now, I'm just wondering why it is available on your Axon 30 5G and also present on my friend's Axon 30 ULTRA but selectively missing on my Axon 30 5G.

I hope I find an answer to this mystery. Thank you for your reply though.

What's your build number?

badfinger

Jun 19, 2011
Sorry I thought I attached the screenshot of my device build number. Here's the screen shot now and thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211206_094308-picsay.jpg
    Screenshot_20211206_094308-picsay.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 10

badfinger

Jun 19, 2011
So strange, I don't get it why only my device model not having this feature. Anyone in the US reading these? Can you verify if your Axon 30 5G in the US also does not have the double tap to wake screen feature? Thank you.

So strange, I don't get it why only my device model not having this feature. Anyone in the US reading these? Can you verify if your Axon 30 5G in the US also does not have the double tap to wake screen feature? Thank you.
Mine is also missing the feature which I miss a lot. I haven't had a phone that didn't have that feature in I don't even know how long. I'm also unable to unlock the bootloader which is a huge pain. I'm fine on stock but there are so many possibilities rooting unlocks that I'd love to give a shot in this phone.