Double tap to wake up problems

Search This thread
Dec 9, 2010
Hello,
I've received my XZ a few days ago from Germany via Amazon.it.
The build, after the updates, is 39.0.A.1.250.
I've a problem whit the double tap to wake up: whit this function in display settings on, when I try to wake up the screen whit my finger on the display I've to tap a lot of time and very faster to wake up the phone.
It's normal? With my old Z3C I was tapping just two times to see the display on.
Thanks.

Paolo, Italy.

pptt

May 27, 2007
Same here, it works maybe 50% of the time. Sometimes have to tap faster, sometimes slower.

With my z3 and z5p, it works almost 100% of the time

nhonbeo

Dec 19, 2011
Hochiminh City
Hi guys. I am from Viet Nam. I bought a new XZ 2 weeks ago. I had a same problem of you. My double tap to wake is not work properly. (5/10 tap .....)

1 week ago, i go to Sony center and i made an "error report letter". Sony center accepted that this is factory's error. And luckily, i has just changed a new one...........

After changed, everythings looks good. My double tap is very well. (10/10 tap) And i dont sure it is Hardware or Software problem. In my country, many mate has the same problem too. Hope it is Software...... But Same XZ, same Software .... But some unit work good, some work fail...... :((

This is my 2 videos after changed....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o013TrSN0ic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCOjL3lzr4Y

GoBx

Mar 19, 2006
ORMES
Same problem here.
But if I take XZ in my hand before double tap, then 100% success : it looks like a software problem, too much deep sleep, XZ is lazy !
Seriously, this should be corrected by a Sony update.

sunking101

Nov 25, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
I've found that this problem only occurs when the screen has timed out by itself. If I press the power button to turn the screen off then the double-tap to wake feature works as intended. If the device is left alone and the screen powers off by itself then the double-tap to wake takes numerous attempts.

Oct 14, 2016
I would say mine works properly 8-9/10 times. Of the times it has failed, I have noticed it is more frequent when power saver mode is on. I have also noticed it tends to work better when I pick the phone up as opposed to when it is sitting on a flat surface.

bugo57

Mar 23, 2012
same here, also noticed that when I put my device on vibrate it still make sound on the first press and then goes silent.

El.Guaje

Nov 29, 2010
Ho Chi Minh
Relax, it's software related, have some positive news for everyone, this 7.0 concept update for the z3 and z3 compact suggests that it's a software issue.

http://www.xperiablog.net/2016/10/18/xperia-concept-mob31e-z1-3657/

You're welcome.

It said "Now, the proximity sensor will be checked before tap to wake is enabled, which should avoid any unintentional activation. "

Somebody get 10/10, mine tested in the store today, I had to press over 3 times to make the screen turn on.

Tjoohej

Jan 28, 2013
Eskilstuna
Makes sense, my Z5 turns the screen on by itself if the display is pressing towards my leg, but there's no problem if have the display facing the other direction.

It's simply a software issue, the XZ comes with some new features + that Android 7.0 must be optimized as well. So I completely understand why we have these issues for the moment, in fact I know for sure that these problems is going to disappear with the 7.0 update.