DOUBLE the WiFi speed on your moto g8 power! Full 40 MHz! 150 Mbps! UNLOCK!

Search This thread

dandu3

Nov 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Moto G Power
Tired of only having 72 Mbps link speed on your 2.4 GHz only moto g8 power‽ You can simply unlock it with these easy steps!

Step 0: bootloader unlock/root/get magisk on there

Step 1: install Magisk module "WiFi Bonding (Qcom)"

Step 2: reboot

Step results!:

Igg0im3.jpg

This may also work to get the g power from 433 to 867 Mbps, but this has not been tested by myself so far.

TaZeR369

Aug 28, 2016
Isn't this setting up to the router your connecting to? I think it will be used if the router is setup for 40mhz on 2.4ghz, but you should move to 5ghz frequencies anyway.

dandu3

Nov 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Moto G Power
Isn't this setting up to the router your connecting to? I think it will be used if the router is setup for 40mhz on 2.4ghz, but you should move to 5ghz frequencies anyway.
Yeah, most routers will probably be in 20 MHz mode by default, especially in a busy area. But if you have it on 40 MHz mode then it's still not gonna use the 40 MHz because Motorola disabled it for some reason which is why this module exists and works.

And the only thing wrong with the g8 power is the lack of ****ing 5ghz wifi. It's insane, and why this is a ****ing godsend. 72 Mbps link speed and that's it? This was the only phone that wanted me to stick it back in the box and send it because it took FOREVER to download updates. It's pretty easy for me at least to tell when I finally get some damn speed in this thing lol

And earlier this month I went back to my blackberry 9900 from 2009, and it felt like the future.(because I lost the stupid sim tray like an idiot and had to order one which is working fine now that I snipped the eject tool hole on it) 5 ghz wifi on that thing, not to mention NFC! And the wifi hotspot on that thing holy ****, it's super efficient and works extremely well even though the network's only h+. In my experience with android phones turning on the hotspot has always been like you started its furnace

TaZeR369

Aug 28, 2016
I'm very surprised that the G8 radio does not include 5ghz, I almost did not believe it and had to look up the tech specs as the previous G7 Power had it and my Moto G Power which is basicaly the NA version of the G8 all support 5Ghz WiFi.

For the people who actually are stuck with 2.4ghz only routers, there is the possibility applying the 40mhz configuration could cause some signal loss depending how far or behind how many walls the signal must travel through, so there is pros/cons to this modification.

Last edited:
Reactions: kaktus4

wrighar

Nov 1, 2011
Seeing as my fibre Broadband connection is 48Mbps max (limited by distance to exchange), I'm not going to have a problem with wifi perf.

tomlogan1

Oct 29, 2007
Stock Moto G Power (2020) version

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211030-193323.png
    Screenshot_20211030-193323.png
    182.7 KB · Views: 26

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm very surprised that the G8 radio does not include 5ghz, I almost did not believe it and had to look up the tech specs as the previous G7 Power had it and my Moto G Power which is basicaly the NA version of the G8 all support 5Ghz WiFi.

For the people who actually are stuck with 2.4ghz only routers, there is the possibility applying the 40mhz configuration could cause some signal loss depending how far or behind how many walls the signal must travel through, so there is pros/cons to this modification.
    I don't know what version of the phone you got, but if it doesn't have 5GHz on it, you got screwed. I'm looking at mine right now and it's connected via 5GHz to my office wifi. Model XT2041-4
    not all things are equal worldwide, sofia models have 5ghz, sofiar does not. No-one got screwed 😂