Downgrade Ativ S

Search This thread

MarkAndroid

Feb 17, 2011
Unfortunately, I upgraded my Ativ S with the official Rom GDR3 without first unlocked phone.
I seem to have realized that it is not possible to unlock with this new Rom
You could downgrade to the original Rom GDR2 and then unlock the phone?
What procedure I could follow?
Thanks

wardh

Aug 17, 2009
Reactions: MarkAndroid

Luxon

Feb 19, 2011
St. Petersburg
no. immediately check the indicated topic. thanks

Also, look here. There's a link to Russian GDR2 (you can easily change country CSC code after flashing the Russian ROM via SamWP8 Tools). Also, here's the link to windowsmania forum with a GDR3 ROM.

Just a note, when flashing ROM using Flashing tool, don't forget to specify the CSC code. Dunno why, but I HAD to specify my original CSC code in the flashing tool to successfully flash my phone. My phone was imported from Hungary and had XEH CSC code. So until I specified XEH in the drop-down box within the flashing tool, I've been getting partition mismatch errors. Once I set XEH, flashing went flawless.

Reactions: MarkAndroid

-W_O_L_F-

Jul 10, 2010
Moscow
Also, look here. There's a link to Russian GDR2 (you can easily change country CSC code after flashing the Russian ROM via SamWP8 Tools). Also, here's the link to windowsmania forum with a GDR3 ROM.

Just a note, when flashing ROM using Flashing tool, don't forget to specify the CSC code. Dunno why, but I HAD to specify my original CSC code in the flashing tool to successfully flash my phone. My phone was imported from Hungary and had XEH CSC code. So until I specified XEH in the drop-down box within the flashing tool, I've been getting partition mismatch errors. Once I set XEH, flashing went flawless.
Latest samsung update changes partition table.

AlvinPhilemon

Oct 6, 2011
Of course possible! Just reflash it to gdr1 or 2.

---------- Post added at 02:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 AM ----------

*#1234# in diagnosis doesn't work?

Nope. Blocked in retail GDR3. My MOID is 000-AT (default)

vee6KRX.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unfortunately, I upgraded my Ativ S with the official Rom GDR3 without first unlocked phone.
    I seem to have realized that it is not possible to unlock with this new Rom
    You could downgrade to the original Rom GDR2 and then unlock the phone?
    What procedure I could follow?
    Thanks

Have you tried following this?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2391138
    no. immediately check the indicated topic. thanks

then it is no longer possible to downgrade?
    Of course possible! Just reflash it to gdr1 or 2.

---------- Post added at 02:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 AM ----------

How do I check my CSC if my phone is on Retail GDR3 + Samsung firmware
    *#1234# in diagnosis doesn't work?
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone