Downgrade Bootloader check fail

Search This thread

-SaH-

Jun 8, 2020
I have a S9+ G965F and I get the following error when trying to flash with Odin "sw rev check fail (bootloader) device: 9, binary: 2"

What is the problem? Would immensely appreciate help...

-SaH-

Jun 8, 2020
Downgrade to android 8; not android 10

It sure worked, but... I am still on android 10... I was going to downgrade to android 8.
I got my firmware from SamMobile, but apparently it is binary 2? Where can I find the firmware for android 8? (Did not understand how to find android versions in androidfilehost)

Edit: I followed this tutorial on YouTube: "Downgrade Android 10 Roll Back To Android 9 On All Samsung Galaxy Phones S9+/S9/S10+/S10e/Note10" by Android Doctor

Last edited:

rubenswing

Mar 28, 2008
26.8500° N, 80.9200° E
In order to find your bootloader version you need to look at the 5th digit from the right, in the baseband in software version and you can easily find your android versions on sammobile, when you do get the current firmware you can also see listed the older firmwares

Last edited:

Nisar Ahmed Nisar

Mar 28, 2018
Sindh
It sure worked, but... I am still on android 10... I was going to downgrade to android 8.
I got my firmware from SamMobile, but apparently it is binary 2? Where can I find the firmware for android 8? (Did not understand how to find android versions in androidfilehost)

Edit: I followed this tutorial on YouTube: "Downgrade Android 10 Roll Back To Android 9 On All Samsung Galaxy Phones S9+/S9/S10+/S10e/Note10" by Android Doctor

you can not downgrade to oreo officially now. you can flash lite rom oreo a custom rom by lite team.

Reactions: Sullyhudson

Ivanlc73

Sep 2, 2020
How to downgrade from Android 10 to Android 9 on Galaxy S10e...

I'm pretty sure Samsung prevents downgrading by blowing an e-fuse which prevents downgrading. I think they did this so that people cannot use special firmwares (without tripping Knox) to remove FRP locks.

Has anyone figured out how to downgrade from 10 to 9 yet? I've tried a couple of tutorials, but they either not using and S10e but an older model WITHOUT Samsung bootloader locking, or they've been rooted - which I'd prefer to avoid.

I run into the error: "CHECK FAIL(BOOTLOADER) DEVICE: 7 BINARY: 3"

Then beneath this: "Pit_flash_binary - UNSUPPORTED VERSION".

Surely there MUST be a way to do this...? :confused:

i.

ShaDisNX255

Apr 3, 2014
Matamoros
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
Has anyone figured out how to downgrade from 10 to 9 yet? I've tried a couple of tutorials, but they either not using and S10e but an older model WITHOUT Samsung bootloader locking, or they've been rooted - which I'd prefer to avoid.

I run into the error: "CHECK FAIL(BOOTLOADER) DEVICE: 7 BINARY: 3"

Then beneath this: "Pit_flash_binary - UNSUPPORTED VERSION".

Surely there MUST be a way to do this...? :confused:

i.

That means you are trying to flash older binary into your phone which is already in newer binary (bootloader). Meaning that no, you can't flash older firmware into a newer one.

Ivanlc73

Sep 2, 2020
I'm pretty sure Samsung prevents downgrading by blowing an e-fuse which prevents downgrading. I think they did this so that people cannot use special firmwares (without tripping knox) to remove FRP locks.

That means you are trying to flash older binary into your phone which is already in newer binary (bootloader). Meaning that no, you can't flash older firmware into a newer one.

... Which means the e-fuse is something new since Android 8 or 9, as I've downgraded previously without this problem.

Would my only option now be to root, then or is there some way to downgrade the bootloader...?

ShaDisNX255

Apr 3, 2014
Matamoros
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
... Which means the e-fuse is something new since Android 8 or 9, as I've downgraded previously without this problem.

Would my only option now be to root, then or is there some way to downgrade the bootloader...?

I mean you can technically downgrade as long as the bootloader versions are the same.
Just as an example, if you are on Pie U3 bootloader, you can downgrade to Oreo U3 bootloader as well. You wouldn't be able to downgrade if you were already on Pie U4 bootloader and wanted to downgrande to Oreo U3 bootloader.

Ivanlc73

Sep 2, 2020
I mean you can technically downgrade as long as the bootloader versions are the same.
Just as an example, if you are on Pie U3 bootloader, you can downgrade to Oreo U3 bootloader as well. You wouldn't be able to downgrade if you were already on Pie U4 bootloader and wanted to downgrande to Oreo U3 bootloader.

Well, it's the bootloader for this accursed Android 10, so I assume this will make downgrading impossible, dammit. ?

Ok. Next Q; can I assume the only way I can downgrade the bootloader is by rooting the phone...?

(It's just rebooted by the way. I don't *think* Knox has been tripped, as the version info is all there and nothing indicating otherwise.)

ShaDisNX255

Apr 3, 2014
Matamoros
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
Well, it's the bootloader for this accursed Android 10, so I assume this will make downgrading impossible, dammit.

Ok. Next Q; can I assume the only way I can downgrade the bootloader is by rooting the phone...?

(It's just rebooted by the way. I don't *think* Knox has been tripped, as the version info is all there and nothing indicating otherwise.)

I'm not sure if there's a way to do it with or without root to be honest, I've never had the need to research anything regarding downgrading the bootloader. Hope you find what you're looking for.

Ivanlc73

Sep 2, 2020
I'm not sure if there's a way to do it with or without root to be honest, I've never had the need to research anything regarding downgrading the bootloader. Hope you find what you're looking for.

Only just seen this reply, my friend. :rolleyes:

I've decided I'm gonna try the Magisk root method created by @topjohnwu and see how this works out.

I've now switched to using a Huawei P30 Pro (New Edition) as my main phone, so I can afford to risk rooting the S10e and seeing if I can downgrade it like this, as it seems a fairly safe way to go for a Root Noob. ;)

I dunno if rooting will let me downgrade the bootloader; I'm just assuming it will, as I'll have root level access to the device.

... And If it all goes south, then not too much'll be lost, I hope - plus I'll have learned something new, I suppose...:eek:

i.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You are flashing binary 2 firmware on device which has binary 9.
    You need to flash binary 9 firmware like G965FXXS9DTD7

Flash this Firmware

https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261807131

you can not downgrade to oreo officially now. you can flash lite rom oreo a custom rom by lite team.