Question Downgrade build android Samsung S22 Ultra

Search This thread

shasixz

Jul 3, 2022
Just a simple question. Is it possible? Downgrade build android Samsung S22 Ultra? I have been googling and so far almost no info about this. I have the mode; sm-s908u1 which I believe is unlocked, I can use any carrier.

Any info will be much appreciated.

Extra: I just want to downgrade to continue enjoying the call recording.

shasixz

Jul 3, 2022
Thanks everyone for taking the time to answer me. So sad that I won't be able to do it. I am tired of samsung. I did a full backup and I gonna try anyway if it works I will let you know.

Reactions: blackhawk

chinchulin01

Sep 7, 2013
Thanks everyone for taking the time to answer me. So sad that I won't be able to do it. I am tired of samsung. I did a full backup and I gonna try anyway if it works I will let you know.
Hi there,
Did it work? I want to downgrade a Samsung Galaxy S22 Exynos SM-S901B/DS to unlock the bootloader.

Kind regards

Last edited:

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Is it confirmed? I mean you cannot downgrade the firmware that came with the phone when open the box? even if it is from August 2022 ? Thanks
Not on a stock Samsung. The bootloader has to be unlocked as it's version is what dictates what roms can be loaded.
You can load the same or higher rev version as the bootloader but not lower.

In my case "2" is that critical value. I can flash Android 9 or higher. If a OTA upgrade flashes the bootloader to a higher version you're stuck with it. One reason I disable OTA upgrades/updates.
Screenshot_20211002-130441_Settings (1).jpg

Reactions: sserye

sserye

Mar 5, 2014
Not on a stock Samsung. The bootloader has to be unlocked as it's version is what dictates what roms can be loaded.

In my case "2" is that critical value. I can flash Android 9 or higher. If a OTA upgrade flashes the bootloader to a higher version you're stuck with it. One reason I disable OTA upgrades/updates.
View attachment 5846913
Wow thank you so much for such good explanation. It means I can only downgrade/upgrade the firmware's enclosed in blue but no the rest right?

The bootloader that came with the phone when extracted from the box is S908EXXU2AVH9.

Thanks in advanced.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    24.1 KB · Views: 105

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Wow thank you so much for such good explanation. It means I can only downgrade/upgrade the firmware's enclosed in blue but no the rest right?

The bootloader that came with the phone when extracted from the box is S908EXXU2AVH9.

Thanks in advanced.
Exactly. It seems sort of convoluted at first.
This is another useful article on Android partition structure in general.

One rule that serves me well is this...
Rule #1 - if the firmware is fast, stable and fulfilling its mission, let it be!
Anything Android version in general that is 9 or higher is reasonably secure unless you do stupid things. Even if one is running the latest firmware and software upgrades/updates... there's no saving dumb bunnies🤣
Upgrades/updates can and do break Samsung's.
If a OTA firmware upgrade updates the bootloader version you are stuck with it. Look before you leap...

Reactions: sserye

sserye

Mar 5, 2014

Rule #1 - if the firmware is fast, stable and fulfilling its mission, let it be!
Anything Android version in general that is 9 or higher is reasonably secure unless you do stupid things. Even if one is running the latest firmware and software upgrades/updates... there's no saving dumb bunnies🤣
If a OTA firmware upgrade updates the bootloader version you are stuck with it. Look before you leap...
Thank you so much!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    And will most likely need to do a factory reset I tried it and was able to downgrade but had to factory reset.
    Is it confirmed? I mean you cannot downgrade the firmware that came with the phone when open the box? even if it is from August 2022 ? Thanks

Screenshot_20211002-130441_Settings (1).jpg

View attachment 5846913

Thanks in advanced.

Thanks in advanced.