Downgrade File for TCL C6 (Current Version: V8-T658T01-LF1V534)

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013

A.samad

Mar 13, 2015
so just to confirm with you guys, if I update my TV with one of these files, will my TV reset or the apps and settings will be the same after updating. I really dont want to loose my settings

jaredmars

Dec 7, 2015
so just to confirm with you guys, if I update my TV with one of these files, will my TV reset or the apps and settings will be the same after updating. I really dont want to loose my settings
If you upgrade using a ZIP file on a USB then update through the TV local update settings it will keep everything. If you use a PKG file and update by the switching TV off and holding down the power button method then you will lose everything as these files are basically the ones to get the TV running when it has died for some reason, takes it back to factory settings.

Reactions: A.samad

Magneto485

Jan 5, 2021
You won't lose anything if you update tv with a zip file but it is required to reset the shop after an upgrade ( Resetting shop will reset all settings to factory).

Reactions: A.samad

Magneto485

Jan 5, 2021
First ,who require reset the shop after an upgrade ?
Second, will reset all setting to factory ...who told you this?
whenever i update using a zip file my tv looks like as it is in native color space so i have to do a shop reset to make tv normal. may be this is a problem with my tv only😂

A.samad

Mar 13, 2015
so here is an update from my side. I have a 55CUS model TV. I had V549 installed on it. To be honest everything was ok, instant power seemed to word 80% of the time. No major HDR flickering issues in netflix etc. So i decided to updated to V573. Oh my, i think this was a mistake. Instant power on seems to be broken plus random restarts. So here is another question, can i downgrade the same way as i upgraded; via zip file? or maybe i should try to stick with latest version, maybe it settles in a few days? What do you guys suggest.

antonioli

Jan 4, 2012
Hi all I just updated r868 on my 85p8m in Australia.
I had to unzip to PKG file on root of USB drive formatted to fat32, power off tv with remote fully then power on with button on the tv itself and hold it down.

Update took about 10 mins.
Before and after firmware attached.

Quick notes.
Initial setup process worked much better when setting up from phone. Even got a suggested apps screen I had never seen before.
Google Play store updated quickly but apps take a long time to update all, this has happened with all firmwares I have tried.

Amazon Prime app not available as always so I'll update from apk instead using Aptoide.
Hi,

This r868 still Android Oreo (8) or is already 9?
After this time, any remarks or all still fine? Are you using the Instant POWER ON function?

Magneto485

Jan 5, 2021
so here is an update from my side. I have a 55CUS model TV. I had V549 installed on it. To be honest everything was ok, instant power seemed to word 80% of the time. No major HDR flickering issues in netflix etc. So i decided to updated to V573. Oh my, i think this was a mistake. Instant power on seems to be broken plus random restarts. So here is another question, can i downgrade the same way as i upgraded; via zip file? or maybe i should try to stick with latest version, maybe it settles in a few days? What do you guys suggest.
I am currently on v573.no hdr issue in amazon prime.i dont have netflix hdr pack to test hdr in netflix.
Boot time is 3x more than v568. Instant power on is working fine except some random restart .
Hdr videos in youtube look washed out

A.samad

Mar 13, 2015
I am currently on v573.no hdr issue in amazon prime.i dont have netflix hdr pack to test hdr in netflix.
Boot time is 3x more than v568. Instant power on is working fine except some random restart .
Hdr videos in youtube look washed out
about the youtube video, try setting color space to native, might work. True boot time is a lot longer now, so weird. did you ever try downgrading. will it work if i just use lower fw zip?