• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Downgrade File for TCL C6 (Current Version: V8-T658T01-LF1V534)

Search This thread

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Hi guys,
can somebody post release date of V575 (V574) and R579 version.
Which one is newer, by date.

NotSoWise2

Jul 15, 2021
Hi guys,
can somebody post release date of V575 (V574) and R579 version.
Which one is newer, by date.
R868 Dec 2020 kernel Security patch not sure probably jul 2020
R579 March 2021 Kernel Jul 2020 Security Patch
v574 Jan 2021 Kernel Jul 2020 Security Patch
v575 Jun 2021 kernel Jul 2020 Security patch
v574 and v575 have project id 99 for 70C2US

All 4 above I have HDMI HDR Resolution issues with NVIDIA Shield. I have to unplug cable and reconnect cable to enable HDR10 at 60 Hz- I have NVIDIA Shield->Atmos Soundbar->TV ARC connected with BELKIN HDMI2.1 48Gbps cables. For some reason the response time from TV is slower for NVIDIA shield to not recognize HDR10 at 60hz 4k. I did not have these issues with R814. Will try over the week to factory reset NVIDIA Shield once and check, because I want to be on a version (currently 575) with at least Jul 2020 security patch. Otherwise will downgrade to R814 next week - because I dont want to unplug and plug HDMI all the time to get4k60Hz HDR10. I am gonna also try my luck finding 85X6US project id from somewhere - may be TCS support team over call? to check for Dolby Vision - if at all that model supported it. It is just sad that we dont have ROM and Kitchen developers on the Android TV platform like the phones and tablets. I feel good hardware from many of these brands (TCL, Philips, Sony), have not had the best of support on the software side. Nvidia shield has been the only exception when it comes to Android TV boxes at least. Though they are stuck with Android TV 9, their security patch (Apr 2021) and hardware and app support is amazing.

NotSoWise2

Jul 15, 2021
R868 Dec 2020 kernel Security patch not sure probably jul 2020
R579 March 2021 Kernel Jul 2020 Security Patch
v574 Jan 2021 Kernel Jul 2020 Security Patch
v575 Jun 2021 kernel Jul 2020 Security patch
v574 and v575 have project id 99 for 70C2US

All 4 above I have HDMI HDR Resolution issues with NVIDIA Shield. I have to unplug cable and reconnect cable to enable HDR10 at 60 Hz- I have NVIDIA Shield->Atmos Soundbar->TV ARC connected with BELKIN HDMI2.1 48Gbps cables. For some reason the response time from TV is slower for NVIDIA shield to not recognize HDR10 at 60hz 4k. I did not have these issues with R814. Will try over the week to factory reset NVIDIA Shield once and check, because I want to be on a version (currently 575) with at least Jul 2020 security patch. Otherwise will downgrade to R814 next week - because I dont want to unplug and plug HDMI all the time to get4k60Hz HDR10. I am gonna also try my luck finding 85X6US project id from somewhere - may be TCS support team over call? to check for Dolby Vision - if at all that model supported it. It is just sad that we dont have ROM and Kitchen developers on the Android TV platform like the phones and tablets. I feel good hardware from many of these brands (TCL, Philips, Sony), have not had the best of support on the software side. Nvidia shield has been the only exception when it comes to Android TV boxes at least. Though they are stuck with Android TV 9, their security patch (Apr 2021) and hardware and app support is amazing.
Silly of me - the HDMI issue is because of the HDMI 2.0 setting stuck at Auto by default. Once you are inside one of the inputs the HDMI 2.0 setting becomes visible under System->Advanced. I set it to "On" to fix the Shield HDR at 4k60 Hz detection. I had done this when I originally got the Shield- totally forgot about this.

ramonteir0

Dec 29, 2010
Hi, can someone help me please? I have a 55c6us from Brazil and they left Brazil and I am stuck with v427. They said the Brazilian panel was different from the USA model, and I see here TCL-LA-MT5658-S1. so it's a mt56? Can I use you guys firmware? Or can I lose hdr and stuff? I can find the v427 still on the site, but as zip. If I have a problem can I downgrade? Thanks
Hi. I'm from Brazil too. Did you try v575 on your 55c6us?

Apr 8, 2021
Hello. I have a 2018 model 4K TCL TV of the MT58 family. A few months ago I was in touch with TCL support of my country because my TV was malfunctioning, and OS updates were unable to fix the issues. The support engineer I was speaking with suggested that I avail a paid service for a technician visit. The technician was supposed to "replace" the entire OS software instead of doing any OS updates. The supposed TCL technician who turned up wasn't really a TCL employee; he was a contractor appointed by TCL to serve TCL customers in my city, and he didn't have a clue about what he was supposed to do. He started giving me some generic knowledge about Android updates. I immediately sent him packing because I didn't want some incompetent idiot experimenting on my TV and potentially making matters far worse for me. After trying a few things for a while, I was able to fix the issues on my own and get my TV back to normal working condition. It turned out that the issues were related to OS only and were caused due to TCL's wretched OS software system. Here's the kicker: the OS version I was facing the issues on a few months ago is the exact same version I have installed on my TV today (V8-T658T01-LF1V575), but the TV's behaviour back then and right now are completely different. The only reason my TV is functioning okay right now is because while trying to fix the issues, I sequentially installed different OS versions while eventually upgrading to V575 compared to the path of OS installations I took last time.

Anyways, the reason I am writing this post is that I want to know more about this "entire software system replacement" concept that the TCL engineer mentioned to me. I have been inside the service menus of my TV, and there are options to make backups of settings and EEPROM data to USB drives, and there are options to copy these settings and EEPROM data to the TV from USB. I tried making backups of the settings and EEPROM data to my USB pen drive, and ran into issues. First of all, NTFS and exFAT formatted pen drives and hard disks are no longer recognised on my TV. I even purchased Paragon NTFS software for my TV, but even that failed to work. Apparently I had misunderstood how that software worked, and hastily purchased it without researching it thoroughly. Only USB storage devices that my TV now recognizes are FAT32 devices. If I try to make a backup of settings and EEPROM data to a FAT32 formatted pen drive, only the settings are backed up to the pen drive, EEPROM data is not backed up. It does not come as a surprise considering that FAT32 file system allows a maximum file size of 4 GB and an entire EEPROM backup will need to save a 16 GB file to the USB device.

My question to everybody who owns a TCL TV is that, have you ever tried to make a backup of your system using the options present in the service menus? If yes, what results did you get? Could you backup the entire system? If you haven't tried it yet, could you try to make a backup of the TV's EEPROM data to your USB storage device and let us know what happens? I would certainly advise everybody to exercise caution and ensure that you choose the correct options and only backup your TV's data to the USB device. Let's hold off on restoring data back to the TV from the USB backups until we know more about this functionality, lest you end up screwing up your functioning TV.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation. Cheers!

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Interesting, quite recent too. Has anyway given this one a go? I do like trying new versions but I'm so stable at the moment, worried about the outcome.
R810 works very good..as per telegram post today....

"R810 worked faultlessly on my 75C4US (2018). The picture quality and the sound through the HK speakers is amazing compared to my old 2018 firmware."

2021-09-25-113748.png

Last edited:

A.samad

Mar 13, 2015
R810 works very good..as per telegram post today....

"R810 worked faultlessly on my 75C4US (2018). The picture quality and the sound through the HK speakers is amazing compared to my old 2018 firmware."

2021-09-25-113748.png

is this still android 8? i have lost hope TCL will ever update their 2018 tvs to android 9 or later

Top Liked Posts