• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Downgrade from B708 to JB error, HELP

Search This thread

aknorts

Sep 4, 2012
Hello,
I upgrade form b118 to b707 and next to b708 my huawei p6, and I don't see I need b508 to go b707. My mistake.
Now my GPS don't work, I think it don't work earlier, but I don't sure.
I want back to b132 and lock bootloader, but I can not downgrade from b708.
I think I tried everythink.
First I try instaled UPDATE.APP which can downgrade from KK to JB, but I have vendorlist fail.
I wiped everyting, instaled recovery and boot.img from b508 and again try instal this downgrade UPDATE but still is vendor list fail.
I instaled custom ROM based on b508 and tried downgrade but again this fail:silly:. Please help, I haven't idea what doing now.
Sorry for my english, I am working at it.

Hooshang

Apr 11, 2011
Downgrade

Hello,
I upgrade form b118 to b707 and next to b708 my huawei p6, and I don't see I need b508 to go b707. My mistake.
First I try instaled UPDATE.APP which can downgrade from KK to JB, but I have vendorlist fail.
I wiped everyting, instaled recovery and boot.img from b508 and again try instal this downgrade UPDATE but still is vendor list fail.
I instaled custom ROM based on b508 and tried downgrade but again this fail:silly:. Please help, I haven't idea what doing now.

Hello. try this.
Extract UPDATE.APP of B132 with huawei updateextractor,edit verlist.txt with notepad and add P6-U06V100R001C17B708 to
file and save it.now repack with huawei updateextractor choose folder that you extract UPDATE.APP in previous step.
copy new UPDATE.APP in dload folder of sdcard and update again with dload metod.
this is just an idea and im not sure if it workks.try and seee if it works.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 1,201
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    168.7 KB · Views: 1,187
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 1,165
Reactions: jogwell and aknorts

Hooshang

Apr 11, 2011
Ok, I did it, and verlist is ok, but stop at CUST. :/ Any idea what do now?

Flash cust,img of B132 in fastboot mode ( fastboot flash cust 12.cust.img) then flash UPDATE.APP.if you get error again,
repack without cust.img and flash generated UPDATE.APP,hope this work.

Attachments

• 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 489
Reactions: aknorts

aknorts

Sep 4, 2012
Thanks, I add b708 to verlist and change cust from 708, repack it and instal. It instaled but dont work..... but I instal clear b118 and everything fine. GPS work too. :) Thanks for help.

Laske1982

Jan 8, 2015
HELP !!!

Thanks, I add b708 to verlist and change cust from 708, repack it and instal. It instaled but dont work..... but I instal clear b118 and everything fine. GPS work too. :) Thanks for help.

HI,

I am new here and sorry for my bad english.

I update my P6 on b708 and emui 3,0 is great but problem is that font is to small.
I can change font size but not size of menu letters.
i read everything on this forums but still i dont now how to downgrade B708 firm.

Please somebody help do downgrade my P6 from B708 to B512, B520 !!!

dream_fun

Jan 26, 2011
HI,

I am new here and sorry for my bad english.

I update my P6 on b708 and emui 3,0 is great but problem is that font is to small.
I can change font size but not size of menu letters.
i read everything on this forums but still i dont now how to downgrade B708 firm.

Please somebody help do downgrade my P6 from B708 to B512, B520 !!!

i have downgrade from 708 to B132 as you said the font size is too small and I found the older version is better than the new ones. You have to flash recovery.img and boot.img throught adb procedure which you will find the details in this forum. After that you put the requested image on sd card and flash it

Laske1982

Jan 8, 2015
i have downgrade from 708 to B132 as you said the font size is too small and I found the older version is better than the new ones. You have to flash recovery.img and boot.img throught adb procedure which you will find the details in this forum. After that you put the requested image on sd card and flash it

Can you post the link of that procedure ?

ipred

Oct 4, 2010
Here are the steps to successfully downgrade from the unofficial international B708 to B132 international :

1. Download and install via local update the B706 official unicom version ( totally necessary!!! )
http://www.emui.com/plugin.php?id=hwdownload&mod=detail&mid=42
2.Download and install vial local update the Unicom 2.0 Downgrade update.app :
https://mega.co.nz/#!ZYVixBqa!JNMLRB2DUVKlGpZVqPJbIsdbVPijks7r1Mtk46KGrmE
3.Download and install via local update the official B132 :
https://mega.co.nz/#!PdNWyY6I!NT5uVgLIglp_ga5R4BbWBTkT1I9vXjL9_5g7qyfw9_o

Then you can update via OTA to official B520 if you want.

Last edited:

Laske1982

Jan 8, 2015
Here are the steps to successfully downgrade from the unofficial international B708 to B132 international :

1. Download and install via local update the B706 official unicom version ( totally necessary!!! )
http://www.emui.com/plugin.php?id=hwdownload&mod=detail&mid=42
2.Download and install vial local update the Unicom 2.0 Downgrade update.app :
https://mega.co.nz/#!ZYVixBqa!JNMLRB2DUVKlGpZVqPJbIsdbVPijks7r1Mtk46KGrmE
3.Download and install via local update the official B132 :
https://mega.co.nz/#!PdNWyY6I!NT5uVgLIglp_ga5R4BbWBTkT1I9vXjL9_5g7qyfw9_o

Then you can update via OTA to official B520 if you want.

This is the only right method to downgrade from B708 to B520 !!!
I tried everything, ROMs, flashing boot.img, recovery.img... nothing, only this is right.
But remember, YUO MUST DO 1. STEP (DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL 706 )

BIGGGGG THANKSSSS !!!

Jan 30, 2015
Capetown
Stuck on Huawei logo

This is the only right method to downgrade from B708 to B520 !!!
I tried everything, ROMs, flashing boot.img, recovery.img... nothing, only this is right.
But remember, YUO MUST DO 1. STEP (DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL 706 )

BIGGGGG THANKSSSS !!!

I tried this and now it stuck on the Huawei logo at startup after B132 update!!! please help!!!

thunder-bird

Nov 14, 2014
actually this huawei updateextractor thing work with every firmware of p6 just check your current build number and paste in verlist file through notepad :) :eek: :D

vampvr

Jul 7, 2014
does anyone knows why my phone wont boot with the huawei logo, instead i get the android one, i just downgrade to b706 from b708 and still get the same android logo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Downgrade

Hello,

Hello. try this.
    Extract UPDATE.APP of B132 with huawei updateextractor,edit verlist.txt with notepad and add P6-U06V100R001C17B708 to
    file and save it.now repack with huawei updateextractor choose folder that you extract UPDATE.APP in previous step.
    copy new UPDATE.APP in dload folder of sdcard and update again with dload metod.
    this is just an idea and im not sure if it workks.try and seee if it works.
    Ok, I did it, and verlist is ok, but stop at CUST. :/ Any idea what do now?

Flash cust,img of B132 in fastboot mode ( fastboot flash cust 12.cust.img) then flash UPDATE.APP.if you get error again,
    repack without cust.img and flash generated UPDATE.APP,hope this work.