Downgrade from Pie to Oreo

Search This thread

Dosde

Feb 22, 2019
Root or not,only this file no root?

Hi guy's so i was able to downgrade from Pie ( One Ui ) to Oreo
( save your media on your sd card or your PC then you check if they are there )
1 - Go to TWRP or Recovery to wipe data

2- Download and unzip

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FQKt_lWUxxbaZGk37r4tkEMO0Faaci-R/view
and
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-0sJtCjGrlmS4z_dDO_FXozR1g8u-vm8/view?usp=sharing
Put RMM STATE BYPASSER AND VERITY IN A SD CARD

3- Open Odin and untick auto reboot

4-click start on Odin now it's fully flash and now press power + volume down button and after the screen turn off directly press Power + volume down and Up now you are in download mode and check if the auto reboot is unticked

5- Click on reset on Odin and now on AP put TWRP and click on start now press Power + volume down and after the screen turn off press Power + Volume Up and now you are on TWRP go on wipe and click on format data and now go back and go to install and click on up a level and got extsd and now you flash RMM state bypasser and after verity and now reboot now you are on oreo and you install magisk after first reboot.

If you need root(twrp) or not to Oreo, only these similar files are needed for s9 and s8

Youdoofus

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 21, 2011
Sioux Falls, SD
Samsung Galaxy S9
Hi there, correct me if I'm wrong, but in latest Odin and newer devices (S7 and up I think) you don't use .tar file but 4 separate files : AP,BL,CSC and CL.
I updated my A8 via Odin, right after flash did hard reset and touch wood have no issues whatsoever. Knox is intact 0x0 and anything else in "original" state...

yes, in the newer ones you use the 4 separate files. old habit of saying tar.md5 since ive typed that keystroke about 900 times over my time modding the S3 and S5. I flashed my A8 within a few weeks of getting it in july '18 to oreo and it tripped my counter. Didnt root it, didnt flash twrp, just the OS update and it tripped my counter.

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

Did you flashed anything? Remember after ANY flash a hard reset via recovery is a MUST!!! And also do not Restore. Install your apps fresh from Play or via .apk.

my Pie update was dirty flashed, but i used the home csc when flashing it and its perfectly fine. I havent factory reset it for several months for that matter

The first thing I do after boot is disable/delete Facebook and everything related to it. I think it's 2-3 more facecrap. That helps a lot.
Also the AOD is battery hog... I prefer the notification light.

i have facebook and full messenger installed on my phone and still get well over 24 hours of use. Gained maximum 10-15% when i switched AOD off

Rexton270

Jun 6, 2007
3rd rock from the sun
yes, in the newer ones you use the 4 separate files. old habit of saying tar.md5 since ive typed that keystroke about 900 times over my time modding the S3 and S5. I flashed my A8 within a few weeks of getting it in july '18 to oreo and it tripped my counter. Didnt root it, didnt flash twrp, just the OS update and it tripped my counter.

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

my Pie update was dirty flashed, but i used the home csc when flashing it and its perfectly fine. I havent factory reset it for several months for that matter

i have facebook and full messenger installed on my phone and still get well over 24 hours of use. Gained maximum 10-15% when i switched AOD off
That strange that flashlight with Odin tripped the knox...:confused:

unknoww

Oct 8, 2015
hi guys
I upgraded my phone to android 9 today but all my google apps stopped working!!
i cleared google play service data but still i have the problem
even when i'm going to setting/google the setting page not loading
please help!!!

DanielLegendaryJarl

May 27, 2012
Hi, it did not work for me... I followed all your instructions to the letter, I was able to flash TWRP correctly and I got no fail messages when flashing RMM and verity via TWRP. However, when flashing stock OREO rom via Odin, I get the same FAIL message I was getting before the TWRP method, I even got the bootloader message in red as if I hadn't tried anything. I don't want this to be in vain because now I tripped the KNOX counter, but still got stuck to PIE.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance...

Sufiane

Nov 11, 2018
Please is this method works for samsung galaxy a8 sm-a530f ? Please can you explain the method with more details i will be so thankful

Pro Cal

Aug 29, 2013
Hi, so basically just flash TWRP by odin >> and the wipe and format >> and install RMM
but where is the firmware file to flash then ? If Im on pie how can only TWRP and RMM get me back to orep
btw the files are no longer available, please re-upload
thanks

verytobyb

Jan 7, 2019
Hi, it did not work for me... I followed all your instructions to the letter, I was able to flash TWRP correctly and I got no fail messages when flashing RMM and verity via TWRP. However, when flashing stock OREO rom via Odin, I get the same FAIL message I was getting before the TWRP method, I even got the bootloader message in red as if I hadn't tried anything. I don't want this to be in vain because now I tripped the KNOX counter, but still got stuck to PIE.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance...

The same happens to me keep getting this FAIL message everytime. I read somewhere you have to download a firmware with the same binary but didn't find any for me. It's the first time I heard about the binaries and I've flashed before. Can somebody say step by step how they downgraded the software please?

verytobyb

Jan 7, 2019
I was thinking. I have a 14 binary there isn't any Oreo with that one. I want to downgrade. Did somebody try to download a different pie version with the same binary of the Oreo version you want to download? Do you think this is possible?

MassiMo.Z78

Sep 11, 2014
Pavia

2- Download and unzip

and
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-0sJtCjGrlmS4z_dDO_FXozR1g8u-vm8/view?usp=sharing

4-click start on Odin now it's fully flash and now press power + volume down button and after the screen turn off directly press Power + volume down and Up now you are in download mode and check if the auto reboot is unticked

5- Click on reset on Odin and now on AP put TWRP and click on start now press Power + volume down and after the screen turn off press Power + Volume Up and now you are on TWRP go on wipe and click on format data and now go back and go to install and click on up a level and got extsd and now you flash RMM state bypasser and after verity and now reboot now you are on oreo and you install magisk after first reboot.
Hello (sorry for my english but it is translated by google)
your procedure is not clear as you haven't even mentioned the Downgrade.zip file, however I currently have a Galaxy a8 SM-A530F with an android 9 version (A530FXXSECTJ1) and I would like to revert to the android 8 version (A530FOXM3BRL8). In your opinion is it possible to do this? If so, could you please tell me in detail how to do it? Thank you very much.

MassiMo.Z78

Sep 11, 2014
Pavia

2- Download and unzip

and

Hello (sorry for my english but it is translated by google)
your procedure is not clear as you haven't even mentioned the Downgrade.zip file, however I currently have a Galaxy a8 SM-A530F with an android 9 version (A530FXXSECTJ1) and I would like to revert to the android 8 version (A530FOXM3BRL8). In your opinion is it possible to do this? If so, could you please tell me in detail how to do it? Thank you very much.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

2- Download and unzip

and

with new always on display features and night mode the battery remains more than 2 days ...