• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Downgrade S6 Edge+ from 7 to 6.0.1

Search This thread

whoknows13

Apr 5, 2017
Hello,
I recently updated my S6E+ to Android 7 thinking it was a good idea, and it was but up until i tried the multi window feature. It is terrible! It lacks the smoothness of the 6.0.1 multi-window. It's very laggy and not very practical like the old one was. I use the multi-window feature nearly 80% of the time i use my phone, It's so bad at 7 that I want to downgrade. How can I do that?
My phone's model is: SM-G928C

Reactions: thahim

thahim

Forum Leader
Dec 24, 2006
Karachi
Hello,
I recently updated my S6E+ to Android 7 thinking it was a good idea, and it was but up until i tried the multi window feature. It is terrible! It lacks the smoothness of the 6.0.1 multi-window. It's very laggy and not very practical like the old one was. I use the multi-window feature nearly 80% of the time i use my phone, It's so bad at 7 that I want to downgrade. How can I do that?
Im loving it though I don't use multi window. It was glitchy before I wiped partition .

Sent from my SM-G928C using Tapatalk

whoknows13

Apr 5, 2017
Im loving it though I don't use multi window. It was glitchy before I wiped partition .

True but my phone usage nearly always consists of using multi window and the new multi-window of 7 is not how I want it to be. I'm certain the 6.0.1 is better however I can't seem to find any thread to show me how to downgrade.

Reactions: thahim

kRYySTy

May 16, 2012
Timisoara
Recovery mode
chache wipe
partition wipe
download mode
odin
flash android 6
factory reset after upgrade ( downgrade )

so wipe everything in twrp or original recovery, and then flash via odin any original 6.0.1 rom and we are back at android 6 even though we update our phones to 7?

EDIT: Tried and it works to downgrade from 7 to 6 trough odin. You dont even need to wipe in recovery. I was on custom rom and just put original 6.0 rom in odin and after complete let it boot, and then go to recovery and factory reset.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

True but my phone usage nearly always consists of using multi window and the new multi-window of 7 is not how I want it to be. I'm certain the 6.0.1 is better however I can't seem to find any thread to show me how to downgrade.