• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Downgrade to android 10 without unlocking bootloader POCO X3 NFC tutorial

Search This thread

SammyInTheCity

Hello everyone, I'm not sure if anyone has made a thread with this exact tutorial but today I'm hopefully going to teach you how to downgrade to android 10 without unlocking your bootloader.

1- download the recovery firmware with the exact same version you are currently running on your poco x3 nfc, and download the version you want to downgrade to and then move those two files to your poco x3 sd card or local storage... https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/archive/miui/surya/

2- go to settings/about phone/miui version and then press the miui logo a few times, this will unlock some extra features that we need.

3- press the 3 dots on the top right of the screen, and then choose update package, and select the recovery firmware of the version you're currently running, after it prompts you to install the package don't accept it nor cancel it, just go back to your home screen and enter the file manager of your phone, and rename the file which has the version of the firmware you want to install, to the same name of the file which has the version of the firmware you're currently running.

4- go back to the update page and accept the update prompt, it should now trick the device into installing android 10.

5- after it's finished it'll reboot into the stock recovery, from there you'll have to wipe data, and that's all.

I got my phone a few days ago and have to wait 7 days to unlock my bootloader, and on the newest miui update there seems to be an issue with gestures, they make the device really laggy for some reason, rolling back to android 10 was the only option for the time being, so I found this way to do it without unlocking my bootloader :)

Last edited:

obshackdroid

Oct 8, 2021
I have successfully downgraded my poco x3 nfc from miui 12.5.1 A11
to 12.08 A10.
Concerning the widevine I still have it at L1
Screenshot_2021-10-13-04-18-07-697_com.androidfung.drminfo.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: pnin

SammyInTheCity

You better stay locked in A10 !!!

Once you unlock the bootloader, your DRM will drop to L3.
I give you 1 million dollars if you stay in L1 (bootloader unlocked) after downgrade to A10 !!!

Congratulation :cool:
I guess you owe me 1 million dollars, I unlocked my poco x3 today and flashed Dot OS 5.2 android 11, and I got L1

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211016-232743_DRM_Info.png
    Screenshot_20211016-232743_DRM_Info.png
    174.2 KB · Views: 20

fonz93

Sep 15, 2013
Pescara
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
I told you A10 ... not A11 : read again my comment !!!
Try now to install an android 10 custom rom or MIUI 12.0.8.0

LOL ... funny guy !

I updated to android 11 and downgraded to android 10 (and unlocked/relocked bootloader) so many times that i can't count (always done via fastboot with MiFlash), i currently am on A10 12.0.7 and still working everything fine with L1. You probably done something you shouldn't do if you had problems with widevine certification

gringo80

Jun 8, 2018
I updated to android 11 and downgraded to android 10 (and unlocked/relocked bootloader) so many times that i can't count (always done via fastboot with MiFlash), i currently am on A10 12.0.7 and still working everything fine with L1. You probably done something you shouldn't do if you had problems with widevine certification
Show your proof !

gringo80

Jun 8, 2018
You are now in A11 wich is compatible with your TrustedZone in your current firmware so you have L1 back again !
Do you understand what i wrote here ???
Have you read my guide too ???

I told you, flash an android 10 custom rom not A11 to see if you will keep L1 !!!

Then why you downgrade to A10 in OP then flash an A11 custom rom : that makes non sense !

gringo80

Jun 8, 2018
That's not a custom rom and you have locked your bootloader !

Don't you read "CUSTOM ROM & BOOTLOADER UNLOCKED" !!!

fonz93

Sep 15, 2013
Pescara
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
i had a custom ROM with android 10, TOO, but now i am on stock and i won't flash again a custom only because you say it, i have no time to waste, LOL. You are just giving bad informations, i have poco X3 since day one and never heard of this problem, you're the first mentioning it, you cannot admit you just did something wrong

GojoSatoru

Oct 29, 2021
Hi thank you for this guide
I'm just a little confused at step 3, do we rename the current recovery firmware to other name too and then proceed with renaming the downgraded version firmware to the same name of current recovery firmware?
sorry for bad explanation but I hope you get what I'm asking

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone, I'm not sure if anyone has made a thread with this exact tutorial but today I'm hopefully going to teach you how to downgrade to android 10 without unlocking your bootloader.

1- download the recovery firmware with the exact same version you are currently running on your poco x3 nfc, and download the version you want to downgrade to and then move those two files to your poco x3 sd card or local storage... https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/archive/miui/surya/

2- go to settings/about phone/miui version and then press the miui logo a few times, this will unlock some extra features that we need.

3- press the 3 dots on the top right of the screen, and then choose update package, and select the recovery firmware of the version you're currently running, after it prompts you to install the package don't accept it nor cancel it, just go back to your home screen and enter the file manager of your phone, and rename the file which has the version of the firmware you want to install, to the same name of the file which has the version of the firmware you're currently running.

4- go back to the update page and accept the update prompt, it should now trick the device into installing android 10.

5- after it's finished it'll reboot into the stock recovery, from there you'll have to wipe data, and that's all.

I got my phone a few days ago and have to wait 7 days to unlock my bootloader, and on the newest miui update there seems to be an issue with gestures, they make the device really laggy for some reason, rolling back to android 10 was the only option for the time being, so I found this way to do it without unlocking my bootloader :)
    This will hard reset the device? How about the miui version still version 12.5 or lower?
    You guys,

Watchout, you are playing with DRM L1 Keys !!!

Check this guide for more information !!!
    I have successfully downgraded my poco x3 nfc from miui 12.5.1 A11
    to 12.08 A10.
    Concerning the widevine I still have it at L1View attachment 5431941
    You better stay locked in A10 !!!

Once you unlock the bootloader, your DRM will drop to L3.
    I give you 1 million dollars if you stay in L1 (bootloader unlocked) after downgrade to A10 !!!

Congratulation :cool: