• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Downgrade to MIUI 11

Search This thread

Dadovvv

Sep 25, 2010
VU
Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro (Redmi K30 Pro)
Does downgrade to MIUI 11 causing any problem with sensor lost? im planining to downgrade, just curious if anyone experience problems after downgrading?

EDIT: for those interested in this thread and wanted to downgrade..in my experience downgrading cause fingerprint sensor lost..and i was able to bring back fod only after flashing miui 12 back

Last edited:

Dadovvv

Sep 25, 2010
VU
You can downgrade safely, don't worry
Did u even try to downgrade to miui 11?
Hmm i blindly believe u...and now I lost fingerprint options. and I didn't create backup of persist.img
Hope other sensors are fine. Please in future don't answer anyone with guess and if u are not sure.

EDIT: Tried everything to back fingerprint on miui 11 but fails. All other sensor is fine even L1 widevine is ok. After flashing MIUI 12 fingerprint is back but i think it working slower (maybe placebo effect)

Last edited:

FrostStaff

Oct 10, 2020
Did u even try to downgrade to miui 11?
Hmm i blindly believe u...and now I lost fingerprint options. and I didn't create backup of persist.img
Hope other sensors are fine. So please don't answer anyone with guess and if u are not sure.

EDIT: Tried everything to back fingerprint on miui 11 but fails. All other sensor is fine even L1 widevine is ok. After flashing MIUI 12 fingerprint is back but i think it working slower (maybe placebo effect)

Hey,
When i had a trouble, or stutter on my fingerprint on my oneplus 3, to avoid that, the tips is to delete all fingerprint, and restart saving new one. Try it and tells me if it works.

Dadovvv

Sep 25, 2010
VU
Hey,
When i had a trouble, or stutter on my fingerprint on my oneplus 3, to avoid that, the tips is to delete all fingerprint, and restart saving new one. Try it and tells me if it works.

i dont have any options related to fingerprint after downgrade (on CIT test fingerprint sensor is not available-fail), so i cant remove or delete any of them. anyway thanks for answer i give up an back to miui12 all working good now.

Dadovvv

Sep 25, 2010
VU
Downgrading means a clean install and fastboot method to be safe so you cant have bugs

I know what is downgrade. i did clean install and lost fingerprint options. this is a same issue like it was on mi9t pro where downgrade causing some sensors lost. Thats why i asked here is anyone experience problem after downgrade. but unfortunately people without knowing answering.

I know what is downgrade. i did clean install and lost fingerprint options. this is a same issue like it was on mi9t pro where downgrade causing some sensors lost. Thats why i asked here is anyone experience problem after downgrade. but unfortunately people without knowing answering.

I did the same thing without any FOD problem (V12.0.3.0.QJKMIXM to V11.0.2.0.QJKMIXM miflash).
But i lost fingerprint with a Weekly EU rom.
I solved the problem with this method:Flashed with miflash V12.0.3.0.QJKMIXM clean all and lock then :Go to the CIT menu press the 3 dot in the top right of screen scroll down calibrate the FOD -> place a white thing on FOD click start before next step put something black on FOD and press next...wait until finish close restart and add your fingerprint(Thanks to tze_vitamin).that's all...

Dadovvv

Sep 25, 2010
VU
I did the same thing without any FOD problem (V12.0.3.0.QJKMIXM to V11.0.2.0.QJKMIXM miflash).
But i lost fingerprint with a Weekly EU rom.
I solved the problem with this method:Flashed with miflash V12.0.3.0.QJKMIXM clean all and lock then :Go to the CIT menu press the 3 dot in the top right of screen scroll down calibrate the FOD -> place a white thing on FOD click start before next step put something black on FOD and press next...wait until finish close restart and add your fingerprint(Thanks to tze_vitamin).that's all...

i was downgrade 12.0.3.0eu to 11.0.6.0eu (clean all and lock method) and lost FOD. Tried everything to back FOD and only solution for me was flashing back 12.0.3.0. Didn't try with calibration on CIT as i didn't know for that..all i was tried in CIT was fingerprint test which failed. Thanks

Saphyres

Oct 29, 2020
so used miflash to downgrade? did you upgrade to 11.0.6 then ? Im having problems with 12.0.4 widevine not working and mediaserver having 70% battery consumption

Dadovvv

Sep 25, 2010
VU
so used miflash to downgrade? did you upgrade to 11.0.6 then ? Im having problems with 12.0.4 widevine not working and mediaserver having 70% battery consumption

yes i was using miflash to downgrade and i was downgrading from 12.0.3.0 to 11.0.6.0 and i was lost fingerprint, since 11.0.6.0 is last and only MIUI 11 for EU i was not able to flash any other 11. so i was back on MIUI 12 again to fix fingerprint problem.
Right now im using 12.0.4.0 Indonesian rom with locked bootloader and im pretty happy with it, im only missing miui launcher right now.

Surendra R sonawane

Dec 14, 2018
Navi mumbai
Does downgrade to MIUI 11 causing any problem with sensor lost? im planining to downgrade, just curious if anyone experience problems after downgrading?

EDIT: for those interested in this thread and wanted to downgrade..in my experience downgrading cause fingerprint sensor lost..and i was able to bring back fod only after flashing miui 12 back

Anybody know how I downlograd to miui 10 successfully