Search This thread
Hello there.

Some time ago I decided to go from Paranoid Android 10 (Quartz) to Pixel Experience+ (Android 11)

I've noticed that my phone is lagging while scrolling web pages and also PDF files and when trying to switch apps. The apps switching lag happens when I press recents, it takes like 1, 1.5 seconds to actually toggle the apps list. Then this last week I decided to clean flash POSP (Potato Open Sauce Project, Android 11) to see if it was the ROM that was causing stutter/lag/frame drop while scrolling and switching apps, only to my discontentment.

The issues are still here.

I've tried wiping cache through TWRP, I think it indeed helped a bit (the lagging duration now is shorter. Sometimes it lasted 5 seconds or so, while scrolling up and down).

So I decided to go back to Android 10 to see if it helps.

How can I downgrade?
My firmware are already at 10.0.1 (last).

Also if anyone could help with these questions:
Which is a great kernel to go with?
What are other Custom ROMs that are worth testing? Aside from those mentioned in the post and LineageOS.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited:

Flr Power

Oct 3, 2018
OnePlus 5
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Hello there.

Some time ago I decided to go from Paranoid Android 10 (Quartz) to Pixel Experience+ (Android 11)

I've noticed that my phone is lagging while scrolling web pages and also PDF files and when trying to switch apps. The apps switching lag happens when I press recents, it takes like 1, 1.5 seconds to actually toggle the apps list. Then this last week I decided to clean flash POSP (Potato Open Sauce Project, Android 11) to see if it was the ROM that was causing stutter/lag/frame drop while scrolling and switching apps, only to my discontentment.

The issues are still here.

I've tried wiping cache through TWRP, I think it indeed helped a bit (the lagging duration now is shorter. Sometimes it lasted 5 seconds or so, while scrolling up and down).

So I decided to go back to Android 10 to see if it helps.

How can I downgrade?
My firmware are already at 10.0.1 (last).

Also if anyone could help with these questions:
Which is a great kernel to go with?
What are other Custom ROMs that are worth testing? Aside from those mentioned in the post and LineageOS.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Have you tried Arrow Os ?
Works really good for me...