Question Downgrading from Android 12 to Android 11 without adb

Search This thread

maxsterling

Jan 25, 2016
>>Neither of those modes is correct. For me mode from the below screenshot worked.

That 's the bootloader (with fastboot support)

regards

Bernd
You don't need to unlock bootloader or root or do anything special to downgrade. You just need to check which format is compatible for your device : UL-ASUS_I006D-ASUS or UL-I006D-ASUS. The file name has to be EXACT for the update for upgrade or downgrade to TRIGGER. It's a bit of a trial and error but rest assured it works once you put the file and it's proper naming convention in the root directory. Best to reboot if it doesn't recognize after 2min. Hope that helps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for the tip. I was laughing since I had the same exact frustration as you but unfortunately my way of disabling the update was to unlock and relock the bootloader without any changes to avoid a possible brick. Unfortunately I noticed there is a bootloader lock count and it changed to 1 after I did this so my warranty is now voided most likely since they can tell it was unlocked with the counter. Any particular reason why you choose to revert to A11? Cheers

PS
    Fortunately I noticed widevine L1 was still intact after unlocking / relocking bootloader so seems to be unaffected by both instances.
    It seems wanting to root your phones is harder and more inconvenient every year. It should really be a simple process that simply allows you to decide what is running or installed on your phone. I can understand the security implications, but that should be all be dealt with a disclaimer. It is now your responsibility to make sure you don't allow shady programs root access, that's it.
    With every new phone I get it's more convoluted, there are less roms available, less people on the forums. Driven to extinction because god damned the manufactures don't care about you after they get your money.

Well anyway, my reason was simply that I really really dislike the UI in 12. Doesn't sit well with me at all, and can't get used to it.
    I know I'm making things difficult for me but I refuse to accept that garbage and if I want to run 11 for the time being I should be able to. It's the principle. 😁

I'm going to have to root in the end, but just for now I wanted to test drive the phone without too much work if it's going back.
    @bnsmb I have two separated modes - Fastboot and Bootloader (screenshots). Which should be used for update?
    Do you suggest there is no way to downgrade from Android 12 to Android 11 without voiding warranty?
    HI

see the other reply - it seems to work without unlocking ( I did not test this -- all my phones are unlocked)

regards

Bernd
    Hi. Is there a way to downgrade from Android 12 to Android 11 without using a computer? I have a firmware package in the root path however phone does not show the possibility to downgrade (i've read it should be in notification panel but it's not). Regards
    My current firmware version is 31.1010.0410.72
    I'm trying to downgrade by flashing firmware that is visible in the screenshot in post #2
    Can I downgrade with these instructions ? I'm scared:
    the bottom of the link
    Hi

yes , I did that and it worked

But keep in mind that the script used to downgrade will delete ALL files on your phone.

And as far as I know there is no other way to downgrade the OS from 12 to 11.

regards

Bernd