Downgrading from UI 4.0 to UI 3.1 - is it possible at all?

Search This thread

robotov

Sep 1, 2008
As soon as I've updated my phone to Android 12, is there any way to roll back to Android 11? I'm talking about stock UI 4.0. Unfortunately, if you are on Android 12 - there's no easy way to re-install a copy of Android 11 stock ROM. Flashing via Odin doesn't go through. Some people say that you need to go to a Samsung Service Center. I can't believe it! I'm sure there must be a fix for that. Of course, it's possible to play around with really high possibility to permanently brick the phone. I'm talking about reformatting partitions and flashing a pit file...

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
If the bottled version is higher on Android 12, it probably is, then you can't downgrade. In the build number, I believe it's the 5th number from the right might want to check that it with Google. If the new firmware has a higher number there NO going back...

Reactions: firefox50

donkeyman1234

Dec 29, 2009
Huawei Mate 20 Pro
Sony Xperia 1 II
As soon as I've updated my phone to Android 12, is there any way to roll back to Android 11? I'm talking about stock UI 4.0. Unfortunately, if you are on Android 12 - there's no easy way to re-install a copy of Android 11 stock ROM. Flashing via Odin doesn't go through. Some people say that you need to go to a Samsung Service Center. I can't believe it! I'm sure there must be a fix for that. Of course, it's possible to play around with really high possibility to permanently brick the phone. I'm talking about reformatting partitions and flashing a pit file...
Yes, it's possible, and I've done it.

I confirm that I also downgraded from Android 12 / One UI 4.0 (January 1 patch) to Android 11 / One UI 3.1 (November 1 patch) without problems. There were several aspects of the new version that were bothering me a lot, now I'm happy :) both versions are binary 3, but it will cease to be in the following versions for sure...

Reactions: robotov

EliDevp

Jul 11, 2016
Hi can you help me with guidelines to upgrade to android 12? I'm using Note 20 ultra n985f/ds. It was previously a Live demo unit but is now fully functional on android 10. My csc is OXM WWD... looking forward to your help

Also I'd like to know which is better, should I just change my csc so I can receive the push for update via OTA or just follow a guideline for flashing with Odin, thanks in advance

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If the bottled version is higher on Android 12, it probably is, then you can't downgrade. In the build number, I believe it's the 5th number from the right might want to check that it with Google. If the new firmware has a higher number there NO going back...
    I confirm that I also downgraded from Android 12 / One UI 4.0 (January 1 patch) to Android 11 / One UI 3.1 (November 1 patch) without problems. There were several aspects of the new version that were bothering me a lot, now I'm happy :) both versions are binary 3, but it will cease to be in the following versions for sure...