[Download] 4.4.2 KitKat I9506XXUCNG3 | Root Instruction and CWM

Search This thread

EclipseX

May 29, 2007
Quinta do Conde
can someone give me the link for download for I can put in first page. I'm at mobile soo I can't get the link

Enviado do meu GT-I9506 através de Tapatalk

SoRiNuS

Oct 28, 2009
Bermeo
if i give you the direct link it will ask for my logins. In 20 minutes i will post a mega link.

NEE firmware: MEGA

Last edited:

bumax

Dec 27, 2010
I didn't install latest NEE via Odin but used OTA. I can confirm root method works with latest NEE and knox flag tripped (I dont care about knox).

Maybe add latest SuperSU link to first post instead of 1.94?
http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu

Last edited:

Cookys162

Dec 30, 2009
Chambéry
Hello,
I own an I9506 from Orange France, it's already root. With the recovery CWM-based v6.0.4.8.
I've flashed the custom rom : [Rom] [Unofficial] Carbon Rom 4.4.4 based on CM11.0 [30.06.14]
When I try to flash the France or the Nordic 4.4.2 Rom with Odin 3.09, after the reboot the phone is blocked on the first screen : Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9506.

What is wrong for me ?

SoRiNuS

Oct 28, 2009
Bermeo
Hello,
I own an I9506 from Orange France, it's already root. With the recovery CWM-based v6.0.4.8.
I've flashed the custom rom : [Rom] [Unofficial] Carbon Rom 4.4.4 based on CM11.0 [30.06.14]
When I try to flash the France or the Nordic 4.4.2 Rom with Odin 3.09, after the reboot the phone is blocked on the first screen : Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9506.

What is wrong for me ?
In odin check update bootloader.

Reactions: Cookys162

Cookys162

Dec 30, 2009
Chambéry
New flash with this option checked : Phone bootloader updat, and got the same result with the NEE version.

Edit : but it's OK with the France version.

Thancks

odin3010.jpg

Last edited:

aresbv2000

Mar 18, 2009
Brasov
OMFG...this firmware doesn`t bring any improvement over 4.3. Antutu score is the same. Beside the quick launch camera button on lockcreen, no big visual changes...We`ve been waiting so long for nothing. I thought that they will update it to look like S5. Thank you Sam****. You`ve always dissapointed us. Can I go back to 4.3 using ODIN?

SoRiNuS

Oct 28, 2009
Bermeo
OMFG...this firmware doesn`t bring any improvement over 4.3. Antutu score is the same. Beside the quick launch camera button on lockcreen, no big visual changes...We`ve been waiting so long for nothing. I thought that they will update it to look like S5. Thank you Sam****. You`ve always dissapointed us. Can I go back to 4.3 using ODIN?
Until now u didnt bother to check the changes on kitkat? (I9505)? Once bootloader updated you cannot downgrade it.

EclipseX

May 29, 2007
Quinta do Conde
everyone knows that since February, what's the big deal? it's only underwood big changes and black/white icons and new lock .... nothing more :), but now you can take almost all things from s5 on theme threads

Enviado do meu GT-I9506 através de Tapatalk

juzza87

May 8, 2010
Melbourne
I have an Australian i9506 (I'm pretty sure they're all the same). I have installed the 4.4.2 France Orange firmware and the hidden.img from 4.3 to remove the Orange branding, all works well except the Samsung Hub and Samsung Keyboard.

The recovery method mentioned in the OP doesn't work for me at all, it comes up with an "MD5 error! Binary is invalid", so nothing happens regardless of if Auto Reboot is ticked or not.

EDIT: I thought this thread was about the Orange ROM not the Nordic generic, will download the new firmware and try again.

Last edited:

EclipseX

May 29, 2007
Quinta do Conde
i've update this thread yesterday =)

I have an Australian i9506 (I'm pretty sure they're all the same). I have installed the 4.4.2 France Orange firmware and the hidden.img from 4.3 to remove the Orange branding, all works well except the Samsung Hub and Samsung Keyboard.

The recovery method mentioned in the OP doesn't work for me at all, it comes up with an "MD5 error! Binary is invalid", so nothing happens regardless of if Auto Reboot is ticked or not.

EDIT: I thought this thread was about the Orange ROM not the Nordic generic, will download the new firmware and try again.

juzza87

May 8, 2010
Melbourne
i've update this thread yesterday =)

I'm not sure why, I've put the Nordic generic firmware on using Odin but still can't get CWM to flash, Odin keeps rejecting it with an MD5 error :(

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

I found this one on the forum, flashed it, it's very buggy (when I held the button combo the whole device locked up with a distroted display) but somehow I managed to get in

http://www.filefactory.com/file/5wsoycfxn7i5/CWM_6.0.4.6_Non-Touch_GT-I9506.tar

It came from this thread

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2529064

EDIT 2: If I wait the recovery starts (after the black screen) every time. I was impatient.

EDIT 3: I applied the two .zips in recovery (the root and supersu), the phone is now rooted. Thanks!

Last edited:

philippe.dc

Mar 14, 2012
Hi EclipseX, thank you for your post. I have updated my phone and your instructions are fine. :good:

Unfortunately, even if this is a French ROM and I live in France, this ROM does not make my S4 i9506 more sensitive to phone network, my home is in the country where the signal is poor...
Strangly the S4 i9506 seems less sensitive than my old S2 ! :crying:

Last edited:

SoRiNuS

Oct 28, 2009
Bermeo
Hi EclipseX, thank you for your post. I have updated my phone and your instructions are fine. :good:

Unfortunately, even if this is a French ROM and I live in France, this ROM does not make my S4 i9506 is more sensitive to phone network, my home is in the country where the signal is poor...
Strangly the S4 i9506 seems less sensitive than my old S2 ! :crying:

You should try to change the network mode. Switch to GSM mode or WCDMA/GSM if you dont need high velocity mobile internet.

philippe.dc

Mar 14, 2012
You should try to change the network mode. Switch to GSM mode or WCDMA/GSM if you dont need high velocity mobile internet.

the problem is not a problem of data, it is a problem of signal. I have the same configuration than with the S2. However with the S4 I'm much more out of signal than with the S2...

Top Liked Posts