[Download] Android 4.2 (JOP40C) for the GSM Galaxy Nexus

Search This thread

tuk1maar

Feb 21, 2010
have anyone used 4.2 yet? how is the performance, scrolling ? better , same or worst than jb 4.1.2?

It feels alot faster than my previous rom (Android 4.1.2, CNA 1.51 with touchwiz disabled with Franco milestone 6 kernel )

It's like it is more refined. I am Android 4.2 100% stock. I got all my music (around 3gb) and photo's/videos(around 3gb) on it with whatsapp, facebook (messenger) and some other apps installed.

So it's also not 'empty' :p

I'd say, just try it out! :)

ShankyJain

Nov 28, 2010
Mumbai
OnePlus 6

evaradar

Aug 29, 2010
Toronto
Success. Downloaded factory images for Takju from Google, flashed only the system and boot image files. Then used method 2 and viola. My dad's GNexus is running smoother than ever with 4.2

evaradar

Aug 29, 2010
Toronto

Tribes11

Apr 15, 2012
São Paulo
Xiaomi Poco F1
I want to update from yakju to takju how can I do it, I updated from CNA 3.8.0 and got the boot loop now I've flashed the stock 4.1.2 rom through Nexus Toolkit, rooted and installed CWM, how should I proceed now?

gencka

May 16, 2012
Prishtina
For those how to want to have recovery, do this by gnex toolkit, it worked for me. I selected like I have 4.1.2 than I selected to flash recovery. After that I entered in recovery and flashed manually supersu.zip.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    if you are on a GSM Galaxy Nexus, it is time for you to enjoy some Android 4.2.

from the thread [ROM][OTA][GSM][JB] Android 4.2 JOP40C: Rooted Busybox Odexed (11/13/12)

Features

• The latest Android OS, 4.2 Jellybean build JOP40C
    • Insecure boot.img (allows for elevated commands such as adb remount)
    • Rooted with the latest su binary and SuperSU app
    • Busybox 1.20.2 installed for increased functionality of root applications and terminal commands
    • Odexed version also available for purists

Credits

• Google - for developing Jellybean, the best version of Android yet!
    • Chainfire - for quickly updating SuperSU for Jellybean!
    • Goo.im - a great host and resource for developers and the Android community in general
    • Anyone I may have missed - thanks for all your contributions!

Requirements

• GSM Galaxy Nexus (GT-i9250) - your version does not matter (yakju, takju, etc)
    • ClockworkMod or TeamWin Recovery

Screenshots

Screenshot_2012-11-13-11-22-11.png
    Screenshot_2012-11-13-11-22-50.png

Screenshot_2012-11-13-11-22-31.png
    Screenshot_2012-11-13-11-23-55.png

Instructions

1. If you are on any 4.0.x ROM, it is highly suggested you do a full factory reset (wipe data/cache in recovery) prior to flashing Jellybean!

2. If you are upgrading from a 4.1.2 JB ROM you may be able to just wipe cache and dalvik cache.

• Wipe accordingly as outlined above
    • Use your recovery to flash the ROM file
    • Do NOT flash any gapps - they are all included
    • Optionally, flash the baseband (radio) update if you'd like the newest one
    • Reboot - be patient, the initial boot may take a few minutes

Downloads

Primary Link (Goo.im)

So alangrig made zip for takju and yakju update via CWM: preserves CWM and Root permission. Just don't forget in CWM after update before reboot choose fix SU. Works flawlessy

Download link:
    takju (works great)
    yakju (looks like it has a bootloop bug)

Make sure to make back up.
    I take no responsibilities for any outcome.
    This update works flawlessly on my Gnexus takju and version

official takju - aosp | OTA

Make sure you follow the methods below.

Method 1

Note: the method 1 below will work just fine for JB — but you will need to re-flash CWM, and rename /system/etc/install-recovery.sh once you are booted.

1) Download the correct update for your build on to your computer;
    2) Open the archive and delete the recovery folder; EDIT: Do NOT do this step if it you are using any Jelly Bean update, i.e., JRN84D or newer.
    3) Copy the file to /sdcard on your device;
    4) Reboot into CWM;
    5) Select “install zip from sdcard”;
    6) Select “choose zip from sdcard”;
    7) Select the update the you just copied to your device;
    8) Wait until it completes. Reboot. Done.

Method 2 – Stock recovery installed, Unlocked bootloader
    1) Download the correct update for your build on to your computer;
    2) Copy the file to /sdcard on your device;
    3) Download CWM from here and place it on your computer in the same directory as your fastboot binary. For CDMA/LTE devices, use this version;
    4) Rename the CWM image to cwm.img
    5) Reboot into fastboot mode;
    6) Open a command prompt in the same directory;
    7) Type fastboot devices to make sure your device is recognized;
    8) Type fastboot boot cwm.img
    9) Select “install zip from sdcard”;
    10) Select “choose zip from sdcard”;
    11) Select the update the you just copied to your device;
    12) Wait until it completes. Reboot. Done.

Method 3 – Stock recovery locked bl, no root

1) Reboot your device into the stock recovery (i.e., the screen with the Android on its back with the “!”;
    2) Access the stock recovery menu by pressing power and volume up;
    3) Select “Apply update from ADB”;
    4) Download the correct update for your build and place it in the same directory as your ADB binary;
    5) Open a command prompt in the same directory as your ADB binary;
    6) Type adb devices to make sure that your device is recognized;
    7) Type adb sideload name-of-file.zip
    8) Reboot. Done.

Please note: your device should also be running build JZO54K before trying to install the update manually.

Aditional Information

About the Galaxy Nexus versions (by the user dcrin3): link
    -----
    Developer Options are hidden in 4.2, just go to: Settings, About phone, tap "Build number" 7 times.
    -----

----------------------------------------------
    Haven't tried it yet, this info is based on this source
    What if I am rooted, have a custom rom and dont want to lose CWM?
    you need to be stock takju 4.1.2, you can be rooted but you will lose root and you will lose cwm as well but it will take you 5 mins to root and flash cwm so not that big of a deal
    Still no link for Yakju OTA???? Riciculous... :D

Ya its a good thing I flashed my yakju to takju so I could get the OTA quicker.

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

hi, I have the yakjuux — Variant for Canada. Which procedure I should follow??

You would first have to flash your phone to either to yakju or takju to receive the OTA. I would recommend flashing to takju so you get the OTA faster than the yakju version.

1. Backup your phone (contacts, SMS, media, etc)

2. Download the takju image for 4.2 (no need to get 4.1.2 and then get OTA. Better off flashing 4.2 from the get go) from here: https://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/takju-jop40c-factory-1a47c890.tgz

3. Extract that into a directory. I suggest into one directory on your C: Drive for simplicity sake.

4. Make sure your drivers are working properly - i.e. adb drivers.

5. Download the adb and fastboot files from here; http://downloadandroidrom.com/file/GalaxyNexus/rooting/GalaxyNexusRootNew.zip

6. Extract only the adb.exe, AdbWinApi.dll, AdbWinUsbApi.dll, and fastboot.exe into the directory where you saved your Takju 4.2 image from.

7. When you have that all done. Turn your phone into the bootloader menu. By pressing Volume Up + Volume Down + Power Key until you see the word Bootloader.

8. Open up command prompt and you need to change your directory path to where you have all these files installed.

9. Type "fastboot devices" to see if it recognizes your phone in fastboot mode. You will see the serial # of your phone if successful. If not, a) drivers are not installed properly or b) all the adb and fastboot files are not in the same folder.

10. Once its recognized, type in "fastboot oem unlock" to unlock your bootloader. This will wipe your phone completely, so backup your phone.

Then follow these instructions (taken from another thread):

1) Reboot by typing: fastboot reboot-bootloader
    2) Optional (NOT optional for n00bs) -- Flash the bootloader: fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-maguro-primela03.img (or whatever the name of the bootloader image that you downloaded).
    3) Reboot (not required if you did not do step 5): fastboot reboot-bootloader
    4) Optional (NOT optional for n00bs) -- Flash the radio: fastboot flash radio radio-maguro-i9250xxla02.img (or whatever the name is of the radio image that you downloaded).
    5) Reboot (not required if you did not do step 7): fastboot reboot-bootloader
    6) Flash the system partition: fastboot flash system system.img
    7) Flash the data partition: fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
    8) Flash the kernel/ramdisk: fastboot flash boot boot.img
    9) Optional (NOT optional for n00bs) -- Flash the recovery partition: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    10) Erase the cache partition: fastboot erase cache
    11) Reboot: fastboot reboot
    12) Done! The first boot will likely take quite a bit longer than you are used to, as Android builds the Dalvik cache.

If you still need help, I could help you out provided you live in the Toronto/York Region/GTA areas heh.

Cheers
    Hey guys, Does it matter if were on Takju or Yakju? And I have TWRP installed. Will I have to reflash that after I am finished or will this take away Root completely?

Thanks!
    for yakju users it is working for some and isnt for others.. i recommend you flash the takju google image and then flash this update

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

Im on JZO54K build with CWM Touch ;Rooted. How do i get 4.2 on the phone ? Could you clarify this ?

follow these instructions..

Maroon Mushroom said:
    -make sure you're on the latest STOCK android image for TAKJU
    -move .zip to your phone
    -boot into CWM recovery
    -install zip from SD card
    -choose the fie

the install takes a few minutes.
    OTA yakju in OP is not update 4.2 but factory images 4.1.2