Question Download Incomplete, Reboot every 60 Sec?

Search This thread

btflyrose

Oct 1, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S9+
OnePlus 11
This was my first attempt at ever trying to put custom rom on a phone, so don't laugh too hard at me. I used the the twrp.img found in this forum, had it going right but when I did something trying to go back to stock for an update, it went into bootloader, but nothing else, no system no recovery. I tried to use the fastboot tool on here, and it reached this and stopped. Any help or is it done for?

PS, I did manage to follow one tutorial to a T, and did great my second time around.

Attachments

• IMG_20230203_153839.jpg
    IMG_20230203_153839.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 42

Canuck Knarf

Dec 19, 2015
Google Pixel 6 Pro
OnePlus 10 Pro
This was my first attempt at ever trying to put custom rom on a phone, so don't laugh too hard at me. I used the the twrp.img found in this forum, had it going right but when I did something trying to go back to stock for an update, it went into bootloader, but nothing else, no system no recovery. I tried to use the fastboot tool on here, and it reached this and stopped. Any help or is it done for?

PS, I did manage to follow one tutorial to a T, and did great my second time around.
So your second round where you stuck at..?

btflyrose

Oct 1, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S9+
OnePlus 11
I'm sorry, I've not been back online. Single mom, busy. Kids getting older, I have a little more spare time during school hours but this past week has been hectic.

I tried to flash the original boot.img with no luck. It goes black when it connects to a computer but vibrates but isn't recognized on my adb or the fastboot tool. So far nothing.

My second time was another phone, same phone though. OnePlus 10 pro NE2015 model.

Prant

Jan 23, 2017
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 10 Pro
The issue also could be that there are no real custom ROMs for this phone yet... you might have flashed a malicious file and killed the phone. Unless you were hopping to GSI. Only real suggestion is to try a complete flash from TWRP or pay for MSM.

If you can't get into recovery, can you flip the boot slot with the hardware combo and get in then? May be your last hope besides EDL/MSM.

Last edited:
Reactions: w_tapper

btflyrose

Oct 1, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S9+
OnePlus 11
The issue also could be that there are no real custom ROMs for this phone yet... you might have flashed a malicious file and killed the phone. Unless you were hopping to GSI. Only real suggestion is to try a complete flash from TWRP or pay for MSM.

If you can't get into recovery, can you flip the boot slot with the hardware combo and get in then? May be your last hope besides EDL/MSM.
How exactly do I do a flip? If it's even possible to get into recovery. So far, I've not had luck. :(

Reactions: Prant

btflyrose

Oct 1, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S9+
OnePlus 11
This issues happend to Oneplus 9 series with bad update (F.19), but I see this issues for the first time on Oneplus 10 Pro. Is it really on OP10P?
Yes, it's the 10 pro. I was too eager to root a phone and must have missed something, or done something somewhere. I've done several tablets, but not any phone. I've always had Samsung phones through carriers, so I couldn't figure knox out. But I've been researching and reading for months about rooting a phone, and decided that the OP 10 pro would be my first try. I'm not sure where I went wrong. I managed to get a second one, and followed the guide again, and well, that is the one I'm on now, and it seems fine.

Prant

Jan 23, 2017
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 10 Pro
How exactly do I do a flip? If it's even possible to get into recovery. So far, I've not had luck. :(
AFAIK, according to @g96818 as well, you have to hold all three hardware buttons down, let it attempt to boot, continue holding the buttons and it should like shut off immediately right after the boot logo and switch to the other boot slot.

Yes, it's the 10 pro. I was too eager to root a phone and must have missed something, or done something somewhere. I've done several tablets, but not any phone. I've always had Samsung phones through carriers, so I couldn't figure knox out. But I've been researching and reading for months about rooting a phone, and decided that the OP 10 pro would be my first try. I'm not sure where I went wrong. I managed to get a second one, and followed the guide again, and well, that is the one I'm on now, and it seems fine.
Yeah, the key to this device is basically do not flash anything to it, just boot from images. You CAN flash TWRP but I would personally recommend against it for daily use right now until data decryption is fixed fully. Just BL unlock, root it, and play with some Magisk modules like V4A, that's all we got on 10Pro for now.

btflyrose

Oct 1, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S9+
OnePlus 11
Just some pics of the device...

But @Prant I'm curious to know, what is the difference between having the TWRP and not having it installed regarding rooting? Luckily, OP makes rooting for easier with unlocking the BL. But honestly, the confusion I've had the most understanding in the rooting process at this point is the whole difference between having TWRP and not having it, while installing Magisk.

(Y'all have to excuse me for my not having as much knowledge. I'm just basically a bored at home Mom with kids getting older, and tries to find something to get interested in that wasn't so old lady like. I've never been one to enjoy sewing, knitting, gardening, etc... HA!)

IMG_20230208_155334.jpg

IMG_20230208_155406.jpg

Prant

Jan 23, 2017
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 10 Pro
But honestly, the confusion I've had the most understanding in the rooting process at this point is the whole difference between having TWRP and not having it, while installing Magisk.
This is a bit of a dated thing from 6-8 years ago or so, TWRP used to be the gold standard for recovery on a phone. However, nowadays companies have gotten smarter and want more control over their device, so they add things like Knox (in Samsung) to keep the device "safe." OPPO/OnePlus has started doing this with the OP9 and the OP10 is their first attempt at keeping the device "basically" locked.

Long story short, TWRP is useful to do backups but I've even seen cases of backups on this device in particular failing when restored. And it used to be the main entry point, the first step to rooting any android device. However in recent years, it's become less and less necessary as you can do almost everything you can do in TWRP, through ADB and fastboot. Flashing is still a no go (on this device, thanks to OPPO magic) , but booting a patched image works for now. In the next years I'm sure even that will be secured somehow.

And, haha, there's nothing wrong with getting into tinkering, it's a helluva rabbit hole that's for sure.
Good luck and feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Reactions: w_tapper

w_tapper

This is a bit of a dated thing from 6-8 years ago or so, TWRP used to be the gold standard for recovery on a phone. However, nowadays companies have gotten smarter and want more control over their device, so they add things like Knox (in Samsung) to keep the device "safe." OPPO/OnePlus has started doing this with the OP9 and the OP10 is their first attempt at keeping the device "basically" locked.

Long story short, TWRP is useful to do backups but I've even seen cases of backups on this device in particular failing when restored. And it used to be the main entry point, the first step to rooting any android device. However in recent years, it's become less and less necessary as you can do almost everything you can do in TWRP, through ADB and fastboot. Flashing is still a no go (on this device, thanks to OPPO magic) , but booting a patched image works for now. In the next years I'm sure even that will be secured somehow.

And, haha, there's nothing wrong with getting into tinkering, it's a helluva rabbit hole that's for sure.
Good luck and feel free to reach out if you have any questions.
Is there a reason that the OP10 doesnt have any roms but the OP9 has lots?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    the more details you give to more people can help you..just saying

This issues happend to Oneplus 9 series with bad update (F.19), but I see this issues for the first time on Oneplus 10 Pro. Is it really on OP10P?
    Just some pics of the device...

But @Prant I'm curious to know, what is the difference between having the TWRP and not having it installed regarding rooting? Luckily, OP makes rooting for easier with unlocking the BL. But honestly, the confusion I've had the most understanding in the rooting process at this point is the whole difference between having TWRP and not having it, while installing Magisk.

(Y'all have to excuse me for my not having as much knowledge. I'm just basically a bored at home Mom with kids getting older, and tries to find something to get interested in that wasn't so old lady like. I've never been one to enjoy sewing, knitting, gardening, etc... HA!)

IMG_20230208_155334.jpg

IMG_20230208_155406.jpg